BPA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Re: BPA

In response to raider3524's comment:

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

i can say no he's not with at least as much conviction, fierce. you're too much. 

If not then why did the Celts pick Smart instead of Noah Vonleh or Nik Stauskas?

because smart is better than both those guy's....

Agreed, Smart is a better basketball player and will have a bigger impact on his team over his career than either of those two guys.

BPA?! You got that right. This team has such a deficit in pure talent versus other teams that it has no choice but to pick the BPA. THEY ARE NOT ONE OR TWO VERY GOOD PLAYERS AWAY FROM MAKING A SERIOUS RUN AT A CHAMPIONSHIP, AND AROUND HERE THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS. They are one or two very good players away from the playoffs. Rondo will never get a max contract from ANY NBA team and doesn't deserve one regardless of what the Rondo Youth Brigade says. Bradley is done here...I doubt he'll be here for anything but the qualifying offer the C's extended and they really do not want him because he's injury prone, misses mucho games and in order to keep scoring he let's his D go the way of the dodo bird.

They are two seasons, at best, away from serious playoff contention, meaning getting past a first round one and done.

And in your heart you know I'm right.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

I agree that it is tricky to keep both.  However, I am getting more and more intrigued by this experiment.  If Young gets slotted as 3 this can become a very intriguing experiment based upon how Smart develops.

My bigger concern will be a personality clash between the two.  But if they learn to respect each other, it can work out.

[/QUOTE]

Having Rondo and Smart on the court at the same time is like playing 3 vs 5.

Both Rondo and Smart are not good shooters.

[/QUOTE]

I hear you.  But I am still intrigued.  There was a time that the Celts used to play with Rondo and Perkins on the floor and were pretty good.  I am sufficiently intrigued to not write off this combination right away.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to prakash's comment:

[QUOTE]

I hear you.  But I am still intrigued.  There was a time that the Celts used to play with Rondo and Perkins on the floor and were pretty good.  I am sufficiently intrigued to not write off this combination right away.

[/QUOTE]

You might get your wish because apparently Ainge is not in a hurry to trade Rondo.

[/QUOTE]

He can't trade the guy right now BECAUSE NOBODY WANTS HIM AS BAD AS DA NEEDS HIM GIVEN  HIS RELATIVE WORTH ....once it's apparent that Rondon't is leaving the C's looking for a FA max contract he'll be moved. DA can't get enough value from the little malcontent now because teams that MIGHT want him know they can get him for very little at the trade deadline next year or simply wait for the headcase in Free Agency . DA is in deep crap right now in terms of Wee Devilman PG. It's his own fault.

Sections
Shortcuts