Brad Stevens make a difference

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Brad Stevens make a difference

Win or lose it is refreshing refreshing refreshing to have a coach that makes every player think he has a chance to be a real part of the team.  The difference last night was the play of the guards who have been the problem.  They played great and our bigs continue to impress overall.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Brad Stevens make a difference

Certainly we didnt have that with Doc and I hope youre right about Stevens... Theres always going to be bumps in the road but the coach that creates an all inclusive environment motivates players and builds chemistry,,,

Too often teams chose talent over chemistry, like a DH or Melo...guys that can disrupt teams and cause dissension... sometimes it works but usually it doesnt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Danny nailed it with Brad. Really seems like the next Popvich. I mean he's got Jordan Crawford playing loose (like he did in Washington) AND smart (Doc failed at both-Crawford was tight and not a high b-ball IQ plYer last year). 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Doc Rivers is an idiot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from benn. Show benn's posts

It is a miracle to beat Miami for me

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Finally a real COACH. Brad is a student of the game and it already shows. Doc had no true leadership or player develpment skills. Doc alienated any player who wasn't an all star before he coached them. Doc killed the confidence of many a tlented player by letting them rot on the bench. Doc was a glorified cheerleader. Doc is the one who ruined Rondo with his poor leadership and constant pandering style. When Thibs took the Bulls job, we lost the heart and soul of our "coaching" at the time. Our C's won the 2008 Trophy despite having Doc Rivers as a head coach....We were very lucky to get even the one while he was here. UBUNTU!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

Doc Rivers is an idiot.

Is this the face of an idiot? Common fellas.... Be honest!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Surprised we haven't heard from JimmyJack............oh, right the Heat lost, he'll stay hidden!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

In the scheme of things' he may be a lot smarter than the average NBA coach

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Wouldnt it be nice if we beat the Clips? That would be the best price.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

So glad Doc is gone, and we got a first round pick for him.

Danny is a genius.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Me 2 talking about Stevens, not Doc

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

To annoint  Brad Stevens a better coach than Doc Rivers after 7 games is foolish.

Methinks some people are irritated Doc didn't want to be part of the rebuilding.

That's his call..........but I don't wish the Clips to lose every game - that's childish.

Let's wait until Brad takes a team to the playoffs before making him the second coming of Chuck Daly, okay guys!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

We shall do as we choose without regard to your expert opinion

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

To annoint  Brad Stevens a better coach than Doc Rivers after 7 games is foolish.

Methinks some people are irritated Doc didn't want to be part of the rebuilding.

That's his call..........but I don't wish the Clips to lose every game - that's childish.

Let's wait until Brad takes a team to the playoffs before making him the second coming of Chuck Daly, okay guys!!

No it isn't. By virtue of the fact that Brad has more than proven himself a superior coach even though ONLY in the NCAA, and that Doc NEVER proved anything in the area of real coaching Except being along for the ride, Brad is alredy a better coach. Winning one trophy with the team he was given was no coaching example but simply a failure to take full advantage of a great opportunity. An NBA player having no coaching experience except in the NBA is about not screwing up a good situation. Brad proved himself a great coach and was rewarded an NBA job. The eyeball test proves Docs a cheerleader and Brad studies the game. Apples and oranges. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Like your answer rally. No use of words like foolish or childish.  No pretentiousness, condescending tone, or u know, snot

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Go ahead and do as you choose, with you 298 posts.

I stand by my assertion that it is way too early to say anything about Brad Stevens NBA resume............bringing up his college coaching ability?  Nice.......he's not as good as Pitino either!

Thanks for calling me an expert - glad you know!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/ORL/2000.html

Doc Rivers won 41 games with that roster and was Coach of the Year!

Phil Jackson?  Needs talent?  When Brad wins Coach of the Year I'll eat all the crow you want.  Until then, it's a little premature to annoint him a great NBA coach!

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to melswitt's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Finally a real COACH. Brad is a student of the game and it already shows. Doc had no true leadership or player develpment skills. Doc alienated any player who wasn't an all star before he coached them. Doc killed the confidence of many a tlented player by letting them rot on the bench. Doc was a glorified cheerleader. Doc is the one who ruined Rondo with his poor leadership and constant pandering style. When Thibs took the Bulls job, we lost the heart and soul of our "coaching" at the time. Our C's won the 2008 Trophy despite having Doc Rivers as a head coach....We were very lucky to get even the one while he was here. UBUNTU!!!

[/QUOTE]

RALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!...what up dude!!!!!????

Yeah, the "DOC" was an NBA shaman, a teller of tales, a salesman....hope his bigmen get stinkfoot.....

Stevens stays calm and cool...I like the way he handles himself on the sidelines....I bet he's a killer at poker, he has absolutely no tells..the original poker face!

[/QUOTE]
    What up Melly-Mel???! Been watching ya keepin/em straight. I've been restin' my keyboard til the Brigade gets to talkin smack again. I'm feelin it after last night! That's why they play the games baby! 1st home loss with "The King" in almost a year.........CRAZY. Be good bro.....

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

[QUOTE]

I stand by my assertion that it is way too early to say anything about Brad Stevens NBA resume............bringing up his college coaching ability?  Nice.......he's not as good as Pitino either!

[/QUOTE]

A great coach is someone who can use strategy and tactics to invoke the lesser talented team and underdog to perform feats of greatness. Phil jackson, Rick Pitino, and its not their fault, have been blessed with always having superior talent on their teams. Yes, they are a draw, but that does not have anything to do with their "coaching" abilities. I'll give you this.....DOC failed where PHIL would have succeeded. Why? Because Phil was smart enough to use what he had when he needed it. Doc relies on using the known quantity even if that quantity is struggling and always neglected those who had great, unrealized potential. He never gave a dude a chance, EVER. Phil was different in that respect.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

U are an expert in self indulgence, I must admit' and your seven thousand posts do indicate that you are a board hero, taking all that time from real life to school people here, obviously making you more accomplished  than others with less posts.Large ego, really small frame of reference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

A great coach is someone who can use strategy and tactics to invoke the lesser talented team and underdog to perform feats of greatness. Phil jackson, Rick Pitino, and its not their fault, have been blessed with always having superior talent on their teams. Yes, they are a draw, but that does not have anything to do with their "coaching" abilities. I'll give you this.....DOC failed where PHIL would have succeeded. Why? Because Phil was smart enough to use what he had when he needed it. Doc relies on using the known quantity even if that quantity is struggling and always neglected those who had great, unrealized potential. He never gave a dude a chance, EVER. Phil was different in that respect.

[/QUOTE]

1st statement is just your opinon, and not proveable.  The second?  Such as???  And remember, you said "great" unrealized potential.  I would like specific examples of who Doc neglected who had "great" unrealized potential.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

U are an expert in self indulgence, I must admit' and your seven thousand posts do indicate that you are a board hero, taking all that time from real life to school people here, obviously making you more accomplished  than others with less posts.Large ego, really small frame of reference.

[/QUOTE]

Thank you!

Sections
Shortcuts