Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring

Also 91% in defense points allowed by opponent.

The point that I'd like to make is not that he should replace Rondo, but that he has shown a remarkable amount of maturity for any newcomer to the NBA let alone a 19/20 year old.  

He has recognized how important it is to develop attributable skills that don't necessarily speak loudest on the stat sheet, but will earn you your living in this league.  In short, he's a basketball player.  And if he comes back next year with an improved handle and jumper, lookout!  

Also sense a tremendous amount of integrity in him as a young man.  He plays with a snarl, in a good way.  Doesn't seem like he'll get too caught up in "his brand" type of guy if he gets to a place of greater success down the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring

AGREED!

I love his attitude and work ethic. You can see him get better wth every game.

I think if he keeps loggin minutes, there is no reason to think he cant be a starter after next year and a real preseason.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I have to admit I am a bit surprised with Bradley's emergence.  He is still a guard without a true position, but at least he cracked the rotation.  The guy is stifling on D as adverstised, and he is a better scorer than I thought.  I thought for sure Moore and Dooling would mean he was buried on the bench, but it looks like DA may have been right about this guy being a good combo guard.  He could get there eventually. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Accension13. Show Accension13's posts

Its funny that this thread came up because I was thinking about the C's if there is a post-Rondo era come March 15th. I had not seen the article posted in this thread, but I was thinking life for the C's may not be so bad if he were their starting PG. I have been critical of Avery before, but the guy does have integrity and he tries hard. Those attributes can definitely help a team win.

The particular post-Rondo scenario I was envisioning was if Rondo is traded for Gasol. If that occurs, I think Danny would be postitioning the C's for a run this year. I would hope he would then trade Ray for a more athletic scoring wing like Monta Ellis. A starting lineup of:

PG - Bradley
    SG - Ellis
    SF - Pierce
    PF - Garnett
    C - Gasol

I have suggested these trade scenarios before, but my original thinking was have Ellis play PG, and start Pietrius at SG. Now, I think maybe its best to start Avery to disrupt the other teams offense by pressuring the other teams PG. I was really impressed with how he played Westbrook and Kidd. I know Westbrook scored 30+ points, but he had to work for everything. Maybe, by throwing him in like Rondo was thrown in when Allen and Garnett were brought to this team, Bradley's learning curve will be accelerated

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I'd like to see AB out there with Rondo, picking up the other teams point guard on the defensive side, creating havoc in transition with Rondo.  Rondo would be great at jumping the high lanes when Bradley's defense forces the other teams point to make a wearied pass.  Then it's off to the races.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring:
      I'd like to see AB out there with Rondo, picking up the other teams point guard on the defensive side, creating havoc in transition with Rondo.  Rondo would be great at jumping the high lanes when Bradley's defense forces the other teams point to make a wearied pass.  Then it's off to the races.
    Posted by passfirst

I'm with you and have posted similar thoughts here.  I'd love to see AB as Rondo's running mate.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I like AB's game.  I finished doing an employee's annual performance review and was surprised how much he agreed with my areas needing improvement.  I usually get pushback on that section.

If I were doing a performance review for AB and we got to the "Needs Improvement" section, I'd tell him to "become a more proficient assist man".  AB needs to improve his assist numbers.  I believe it will come gradually because he's not an instinctual PG.

His defense will keep him in the NBA.  And he has an NBA shot that will continue to develop and get even better.  If this guy could develop some PG instincts and significantly increase his assist numbers, this guy could be a real, all-around contributor for the Celtics.  He could become a very good player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : Rondo and AB together will result in a very small backcourt.
    Posted by Fiercest34

but AB's defense is better than Ray's so it's not going to effect it on that side, and although he can't shoot like Ray he is starting to drive the ball somewhat effectively. will do so more effectively as time goes.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I like AB's game.  I finished doing an employee's annual performance review and was surprised how much he agreed with my areas needing improvement.  I usually get pushback on that section. If I were doing a performance review for AB and we got to the "Needs Improvement" section, I'd tell him to " become a more proficient assist man ".  AB needs to improve his assist numbers.  I believe it will come gradually because he's not an instinctual PG. His defense will keep him in the NBA.  And he has an NBA shot that will continue to develop and get even better.  If this guy could develop some PG instincts and significantly increase his assist numbers, this guy could be a real, all-around contributor for the Celtics.  He could become a very good player.
    Posted by Petey62

agreed, where will his court vision and timing with the pass be in a year, two years?  

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I like AB's game.  I finished doing an employee's annual performance review and was surprised how much he agreed with my areas needing improvement.  I usually get pushback on that section. If I were doing a performance review for AB and we got to the "Needs Improvement" section, I'd tell him to " become a more proficient assist man ".  AB needs to improve his assist numbers.  I believe it will come gradually because he's not an instinctual PG. His defense will keep him in the NBA.  And he has an NBA shot that will continue to develop and get even better.  If this guy could develop some PG instincts and significantly increase his assist numbers, this guy could be a real, all-around contributor for the Celtics.  He could become a very good player.
    Posted by Petey62

Petey, good post. I was thinking the same about AB. It could be THE point guard of a team if the team is a good passing team. When he was starting for RR , Paul's assist got up to averaging I think about 8 or 9 a game. Don't think Paul cold do that all season but with a KG, and a off guard that had some passing skills, it would make it a lot easier to live with AB's lack of assists. I probably ragge on AB as much as anyone, but the recently he has shown me he can shoot the ball on occasion.  Against OKC his shots were spread out over time and he was knocking them down. Not knocking Rondo here but I have never seen RR shoot jump shots over the course of a game like AB did. All you RR lovers, RR has improved his shot this year.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Hahaha ... more achives out of context and sequense ... typical fraud post. For the umpteenth time ... you said we had no roster spot and I said if you thought AB wasn't worthy and we needed a Big man that Ainge could move him for a 1st or 2nd round pick. And KG for Gasol wasn't my idea ... I was questioning why you'd do that ... must have been one of your multitude of "any Celtic for Gasol" trade ideas/predictions that still haven't happened ... kinda like the Laker fans waiting on DH in 48 hours .... We're still waiting for one of your ideas to become reality .... HAHAHA ... UGH,UGH,UGH!!!Y
    Posted by Mployee8

It really doesn't matter what trade does happen or what scenario ends up happening I am sure the Fierce has suggested it at one time or another.. He has covered pretty much every thing that could happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

AB can't run the offense.  It all falls on Paul's shoulder and he is not capable of being a point foward at this stage of his career.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I almost alone was supporting Doc in playing Bradley based on his defense even though he was laying bricks when he shot. Heinson loved him, too. This board mostly was ripping Bradley a new one cause of his shooting. Now he is less nervous (and as I predicted in my actual posts no revision posting needed) and burying his shots. Last game he did some pick and roll with KG, nice lob pass. His assists will come. Danny struck gold with Bradley, and I see it continuing to show as his game evolves.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

I like Bradley better than Rondo. I think Rondo is a terrible defender.
    Posted by Kirk6

this drives me CRAZY. how can he be a terrible defender when he is consistently voted all defense?? like really, what TERRIBLE defender is named all defense. COME ON. 

does he gamble too much? absofrickenlutely. but that doesnt equal terrible defense. i have seen him rake absolute TERROR on the opposite pg.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

rondo's into the concept of help defense, defense 2.0. when his man goes past him, it's generally on the side where rondo has a help defender to aid him. as bradley gains experience / confidence, he'll know as much about when and where his help defense is as rondo does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

how can he be a terrible defender when he is consistently voted all defense?? Posted by JamezHill24

Kobe last year was all defense (despite having a horrible defense season)!

And if you check the stats this season, you will find interesting stuff. Everyone in this forum blames Ray for beeing a terrible defender. But how often Rondos man had a season high (or close to that) in scoring this year? Even on this site there was an article where it was mentioned that Rondo's (and Pierce's) man cause terror on our bigs cause opponents consistently beat Rondo/Pierce off the dribble.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : Because the people who vote on these things are idiots. Rondo is constantly beaten off the dribble.
    Posted by Kirk6

thats very false. teams use screens to get past Rondo, i almost NEVER see pg's just taking him one on one and having success off the dribble.

again, Rondo gambles way to much on D. but ive seen wat he is capable of when he is locked in, he can be a lock down defender.

Sections
Shortcuts