Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring

Let's put this getting blown by on defense to bed!!!! All good point guards blow pasttheir defenders or use picks to go by.  Who is that lock down defender out there that has shut down Wade, Ellis, Rose, Westbrook, etc.  Even they can't stop one another.  So truth be told, no pun intended, I've seen all the top guards blow past another top guard.    It is not only Rondo.  AB has not faced any real good point guards yet.  When he can lock up Ellis or Westbrook, then holla at me!!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : Monta Ellis and Wade are not PGs.  Bradley already faced Westbrook. He even blocked one of Westbrook's shot. Rondo is not part of the Celtics' future, so get over it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Westbrook scored 31 points!!! Totally locked up!Laughing

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Responding to the original point, the Celts can't replace Rondo with AB without replacing Ray Allen at 2.  Ray is a fantastic shooter but he can't create.  And he shouldn't.  Somebody has to get the ball to him at the right time.  AB can't.  That is the problem with the Celts the way they are built right now.  It is not about missing a piece.  It is about re-balancing the equation.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : Then get rid of Ray and Rondo. Just look at what happened when Ray and Rondo were out, how did the Celtic offense do? We won games without Ray and Rondo, right?

I wouldnt call the sisters of the poor stellar wins!!!!!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : So you're saying Rondo is a better one on one defender than Avery Bradley?

I'm saying that if your opponent scored 30+ points with a good FGP then you can't assert that you even slowed him down. 
    I think that both Rondo and Bradley are very good defenders. I remember there was a poll on nba.com in which Avery was considered as the best defender by the players from the 2010 draft.
    http://www.nba.com/2010/news/features/john_schuhmann/09/16/rookie-survey/index.html
    And last season and the season before that Rondo was voted by the coaches in the All NBA first defensive so team.
    So i believe Rondo has a little advantage i that facet.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 2/27/2012
    In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring:
    Responding to the original point, the Celts can't replace Rondo with AB without replacing Ray Allen at 2.  Ray is a fantastic shooter but he can't create.  And he shouldn't.  Somebody has to get the ball to him at the right time.  AB can't.  That is the problem with the Celts the way they are built right now.  It is not about missing a piece.  It is about re-balancing the equation.
    Posted by prakash

Then get rid of Ray and Rondo.

Just look at what happened when Ray and Rondo were out, how did the Celtic offense do? We won games without Ray and Rondo, right?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

First: 3/24/2011
    Last: 2/27/2012
    In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring:
    In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : I wouldnt call the sisters of the poor stellar wins!!!!!!
    Posted by jdm894g

It's not the wins, it's how the Celtics moved the ball on offense when Ray and Rondo were not playing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

First, we won games w/o Ray and Rondo, to it doesn't matter who we beat, it's the offense?  Talk about flip....flop!!! You can't have it both ways...

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fields4. Show Fields4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley 98% in the league for transition scoring : Anyway, Rondo is not part of the Celts' future so it's moot to continue to argue on who's the better defender between Rondo and Bradley. Larry Coon @ LarryCoon @ ZHalford  Rondo is on outs there not part of future plans. Word is they think they can make one more run with KG/PP/RA, and like Gasol. 26 Feb 12

We'll see. The trade deadline approaches quickly.

The only thing i'm worrying about is that if Rondo's gone then he'll record a triple-double in the very first game against the CelticsSmile

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]The Celtics have this problem of trying to force the issue with Ray, trying to get Ray open for a shot. When Ray can't get open Rondo is stuck with the ball with less than 5 seconds remaining on the shot-clock. So Rondo has to hoist up an ill-advised shot. This has been a problem for the Celts since 2010. If Rondo is a good outside shooter, then having the ball in his hands with 5 seconds, or less, remaining on the shot-clock is not be a problem. Why? Because his defender wouldn't be laying off him all the time. When the shot-clock is winding down, every player that guards Rondo would give Rondo the outside shot. And when Rondo attempts an outside it's considered a bad shot because Rondo's not a good shooter outside of 15 feet.
    People who don't want to see this basic point about Rondo want the Celtics ship to sink instead of trying changes.  During the stint without Ray and Rondo we beat Orlando back to back in an incredible comeback.  The Rondo fans want to go down with the ship and build around Rondo and find a new big three for him.

With just Rondo this team will face years of mediocrity.  I ask them is Dwight coming here to play with Rondo next year. If he is I am excited, but we all know he is not.