Bradley and Johnson--what gives?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

Bradley and Johnson--what gives?

I have yet to understand the raves Bradley gets in he news. His assist total is close to zero, even when he plays 10-15 minutes. His scoring, with one exception, isn't much better. Granted he plays tenacious defense but guys still get past him.

Meanwhile,Johnson, the #1 pick gets splinters on his butt. I don't want to hear that he's too thin. I haven't seen people pushing him around the few times he's been on the floor. He's long and athletic, moves well, and gets ignored. I'd like to see himmatched up with other bodies who dominate the boards vs the Cs, Noah, Canby, the guy from Argentina with the wild hair. They are all long, hustlers, and aggressive, and under 240 lbs.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Re: Bradley and Johnson--what gives?

Kg is not having a Shaq-alike body either and plays center!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Snoopsnizzle. Show Snoopsnizzle's posts

In Response to Bradley and Johnson--what gives?:
    [QUOTE]I have yet to understand the raves Bradley gets in he news. His assist total is close to zero, even when he plays 10-15 minutes. His scoring, with one exception, isn't much better. Granted he plays tenacious defense but guys still get past him. Meanwhile,Johnson, the #1 pick gets splinters on his butt. I don't want to hear that he's too thin. I haven't seen people pushing him around the few times he's been on the floor. He's long and athletic, moves well, and gets ignored. I'd like to see himmatched up with other bodies who dominate the boards vs the Cs, Noah, Canby, the guy from Argentina with the wild hair. They are all long, hustlers, and aggressive, and under 240 lbs.
    Posted by geneb81[/QUOTE]

I like your thinking. I have noticed the same distinctions that you have pointed out About Johnson. He hustles and gives his all whenever he is in the game and that is all that we can ask of him at this point. BTW - That guy from Argentina with the wild hair is Luis Scola and I would love for him to join the Celtics.

Go CELTICS!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Bradley and Johnson--what gives?:
    [QUOTE]I have yet to understand the raves Bradley gets in he news. His assist total is close to zero, even when he plays 10-15 minutes. His scoring, with one exception, isn't much better. Granted he plays tenacious defense but guys still get past him. Meanwhile,Johnson, the #1 pick gets splinters on his butt. I don't want to hear that he's too thin. I haven't seen people pushing him around the few times he's been on the floor. He's long and athletic, moves well, and gets ignored. I'd like to see himmatched up with other bodies who dominate the boards vs the Cs, Noah, Canby, the guy from Argentina with the wild hair. They are all long, hustlers, and aggressive, and under 240 lbs.
    Posted by geneb81[/QUOTE]

You don't actual real players when you draft where they draft, so wysiwyg.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Mid to late 1st round picks usually don't turn out to be serious contributors.
    A team can get lucky but they usually don't.

Bradley was not a bad pick by Ainge when you look at who was drafted afer Bradley. It's doubtful he will ever be a starter in the league because of his offensive/play making limitations. He has improved his jump shot dramatically this year.

It's too early to comment on JJJ. I don't think trading Brooks for JJJ was a good trade but you have to give JJJ another year or so to see what type of player he will be.

I don't know why Glenn doesn't give JJJ and Moore more time. Boston has received so little from Dooling, Daniels, Sasha, JON which makes you wonder why they young guys don't play more.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Johnson wasn't traded for Brooks. Jujuan was our first rounder and in a prearranged deal we selected Brooks for the Neta

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley and Johnson--what gives?:
    [QUOTE]Johnson wasn't traded for Brooks. Jujuan was our first rounder and in a prearranged deal we selected Brooks for the Neta
    Posted by Rebels345209[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not true. Boston drafted Brooks with the 25th pick then traded him.

Below is JJJ's drat day trade details:

June 23, 2011: Drafted by the New Jersey Nets in the 1st round (27th pick) of the 2011 NBA Draft.

June 23, 2011: Traded by the New Jersey Nets with a 2014 2nd round draft pick to the Boston Celtics for MarShon Brooks.

25.CelticsMarshon BrooksSG
    26.MavericksJordan HamiltonSF
    27.NetsJaJuan JohnsonPF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Johnson wasn't traded for Brooks. Jujuan was our first rounder and in a prearranged deal we selected Brooks for the Neta

Please don't tell Gina he's wrong....we all know what happened, but he'll never admit it................he's still waiting for Stephen Jackson and Derrick Williams to make their 2012 lakers debut!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

I guess Red also believes that Brooks wasn't drafted by Boston.
    You know what Forrest Gump is famous for saying...
    Shoe fits....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Well, we DID draft him - like PHO drafed Rondo - but NJ wanted Brooks, and they were afraid he would be taken, so they threw in a second round pick, and we took him with the understanding that he would be sent right away to them.  Happens all the time, and, as usual, you can spin it either way.....we even did it once with the lakers....I believe!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Celtics traded Brooks in a pre arranged deal. Celtics never had any intention of drafting Brooks to be a Celtic so criticizing it as a bad move is just incorrect

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics traded Brooks in a pre arranged deal. Celtics never had any intention of drafting Brooks to be a Celtic so criticizing it as a bad move is just incorrect

How can you say that Johnson wasn't traded for Brooks?

Brooks looks like he can be a very good player in the NBA.
    Most likey a starter.
    Why can't someone criticize Boston for trading Brooks?
    They could had drafted him and kept him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Celtics traded Brooks in a pre arranged deal. Celtics never had any intention of drafting Brooks to be a Celtic so criticizing it as a bad move is just incorrect

See what I mean.....it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.  We DID draft the guy, but we drafted him FOR NJ.........basically what it means is that we wanted to take JJJ with the #25 pick, but NJ threw in a second round pick DURING the draft, asking us to take Brooks.  No one is wrong, here, it's semantics!! 
    Technically, we DID draft Brooks - like PHO drafed Rondo and CHA drafted koME!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

The King of all Basics speaks again.
    Everyone knows Kobe was drafted by Charlotte and Rondo by Phoenix.

The tool in this thread tried to correct me by saying:
    Johnson wasn't traded for Brooks.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley and Johnson--what gives? : See what I mean.....it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.  We DID draft the guy, but we drafted him FOR NJ.........basically what it means is that we wanted to take JJJ with the #25 pick, but NJ threw in a second round pick DURING the draft, asking us to take Brooks.  No one is wrong, here, it's semantics!!  Technically, we DID draft Brooks - like PHO drafed Rondo and CHA drafted koME!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Cool... discussion about drafting irrelevant players... Rondo would be Nash's backup 6 years into his career.....  are there any point guards that can make routine jumpers and pass the ball to 3 of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen?  Probably not, good thing we have Rondo.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley and Johnson--what gives? : Cool... discussion about drafting irrelevant players... Rondo would be Nash's backup 6 years into his career.....  are there any point guards that can make routine jumpers and pass the ball to 3 of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen?  Probably not, good thing we have Rondo.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

That is not what the discussion was about - but thanks!!  It's about the semantics of who actually drafted the player (Brooks) and who actually wanted the player (NJ).  Gina seems to think we wanted Brooks, and that's why we drafted Brooks........but WE who are Celtics fans know we wanted JJJ all along, isn't that right, Dud!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Gina (not real name) or Mark (not real name) never thought that Boston wanted Brooks. This was about whether or not Boston drafted and traded Brooks.

JJJ might never be a good player in this league but Brooks looks like he could be a scoring machine. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Glad to see we all agree, then!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

Technically yes johnson was traded for brooks. I get it. I was just arguing that you can't criticize celts for the move. They never wanted brooks that's all I a Saying. Samantics I agree

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

And I'm far from a tool , apparently I just didn't get my pout across good

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

[QUOTE]And I'm far from a tool , apparently I just didn't get my pout across good

No offense dube but being judged as a tool falls into a similar category such as coolness which is best reserved for others to determine...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley and Johnson--what gives? : Cool... discussion about drafting irrelevant players... Rondo would be Nash's backup 6 years into his career.....  are there any point guards that can make routine jumpers and pass the ball to 3 of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen?  Probably not, good thing we have Rondo.
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

3 of the greatest shooters the league has ever seen? really?? hahaha, you must have only been watching the nba since 07 if you believe that..

Ray Allen yes, but the other two? really?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from geneb81. Show geneb81's posts

In response to geneb81's comment:

I have yet to understand the raves Bradley gets in he news. His assist total is close to zero, even when he plays 10-15 minutes. His scoring, with one exception, isn't much better. Granted he plays tenacious defense but guys still get past him.

Meanwhile,Johnson, the #1 pick gets splinters on his butt. I don't want to hear that he's too thin. I haven't seen people pushing him around the few times he's been on the floor. He's long and athletic, moves well, and gets ignored. I'd like to see himmatched up with other bodies who dominate the boards vs the Cs, Noah, Canby, the guy from Argentina with the wild hair. They are all long, hustlers, and aggressive, and under 240 lbs.

Hey, this is not my post. I don't even know who Johnson is.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts