Bradley and Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley and Rondo

With Bradley as our backup point, we might as well trade the big three this year, because the guy does not have a grasp on how to play the team game at all and is a disaster like Tony Allen.  Rondo is Rondo , very highly reguarded on this site and most other teams hope we keep him because they have his number and haves figured out how to use his weakness go defeat us on a regular basis.  D West needs to be resigned it is important that we not go into the season with Rondo and Bradley at point.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

Re: Bradley and Rondo

While I would hardly call Rondo flawless, I would also hardly call a 56 win season indicative of other teams figuring out how to exploit his weaknesses to beat us. I've seen way too many Celtics teams over the years without any good point guard whatsoever to want to throw him out with the bathwater.  It's still a chess match.  Other teams figures out a weakness to exploit, we counter it.  They counter counter.  We counter counterr counter. Even Derron Williams completely disappeared against us this year when we played the Jazz in Utah -- I mean vanished.  The grass is always greener, but . . .

cheers

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Watch the game, how many point guards  are not guarded by the other team, that is a weakness, but other points have their own, but when Rondo man stays in the middle and cuts off passing lanes and driving lanes and dares Rondo to shoot it should register on people that like him, and I like him, that this is a serious problem.  From my reading the Celts have tried to mover Rondo but they could not get equal or better value for him, WHY?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley and Rondo:
    [QUOTE]While I would hardly call Rondo flawless, I would also hardly call a 56 win season indicative of other teams figuring out how to exploit his weaknesses to beat us. I've seen way too many Celtics teams over the years without any good point guard whatsoever to want to throw him out with the bathwater.  It's still a chess match.  Other teams figures out a weakness to exploit, we counter it.  They counter counter.  We counter counterr counter. Even Derron Williams completely disappeared against us this year when we played the Jazz in Utah -- I mean vanished.  The grass is always greener, but . . . cheers
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

#6Fan:

Mary/Gary's point was the need to sign a competent PG like DWest. He did not espouse the need to throw Rondo out with bathwater.

Where did you get that idea?

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley and Rondo : #6Fan: Mary/Gary's point was the need to sign a competent PG like DWest. He did not espouse the need to throw Rondo out with bathwater. Where did you get that idea? Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]

Okay, maybe I overreacted.  But I'm used to reading your posts.  :-)
    I think a Rondo/D West platoon would drive other teams into fits -- if both were healthy.

cheers --

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley and Rondo : Okay, maybe I overreacted.  But I'm used to reading your posts.  :-) I think a Rondo/D West platoon would drive other teams into fits -- if both were healthy. cheers --
    Posted by Number6Fan[/QUOTE]

But you reacted to Mary/Gary's post... not mine.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Avery Bradley has the potential to become Danny Ainge's worst 1st round draft choice ever! JR Giddens? Well, he was the last pick of the 1st round. Gerald Green? Straight out of high school, so it was a gamble. Marcus Banks? Also a flop but not as bad as Avery Bradley. At least Banks can bring the ball up court. The Celtics just picked up Bradley's team option for 2012-13. That gives Bradley at least 2 more years to improve. I'd be happy if I'm wrong about Avery Bradley. But right now there's just no way Avery Bradley is an NBA player. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You and I both seem to think Moore may get his mins this year.  Bradley is a classic example of kids leaving school too soon.  And while the new CBA may allow players to once again come straight from HS, I think kids will stay in college longer to improve, esp if they lower the rookie pay scale!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtics1986. Show Celtics1986's posts

Every time I see Mario Chalmers hit another big shot, I think of JR Giddens. What a brutal pick that was. Ainge must have missed the Kanas vs Memphis National title game that year!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I think alot of fans are giving up on Bradley too soon. Danny said that he'd be a lottery pick if he'd had stayed in school for another year. I'd like to see what Avery can do with a healthy full training camp under his belt. I don't believe we saw the best of Avery yet. Didn't we give up on Joe Johnson way to early? Give him at least another year and hope he developes quicker now that he's healthy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ConnectingRod. Show ConnectingRod's posts

[QUOTE]I think alot of fans are giving up on Bradley too soon. Danny said that he'd be a lottery pick if he'd had stayed in school for another year. I'd like to see what Avery can do with a healthy full training camp under his belt. I don't believe we saw the best of Avery yet. Didn't we give up on Joe Johnson way to early? Give him at least another year and hope he developes quicker now that he's healthy.
    Posted by NoahJustin[/QUOTE]

Joe Johnson, even when he was a rookie, is definitely a SG. Avery Bradley is a PG or a SG? 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

Chauncey Billups would be a better comparison than Joe Johnson. Chauncey always had a pretty good basketball IQ and a nice shot, though he wasn't a traditional pass-first point guard. Besides his speed and athleticism (which only helps in the Olympics), I just don't see much with Bradley. I'm a UT alum and watch a lot of their games. Ric Barnes (UT's coach) is great at recruiting talent but hasn't proven himself equally adept at developing it. (Kevin Durant was a prodigy who even Ric Barnes couldn't screw up.) At UT Bradley always seemed to be one step late on defense (mental lapses), and his offensive skill set could be best described as erratic. 

Lottery pick this year---only in your dreams Danny!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kycleptic. Show kycleptic's posts

Other than no clear-cut position in the NBA, Bradley does not have a high basketball IQ. 

Danny Ainge is only saying Bradley would have been a lottery pick this year because he wants to raise Bradley's trade value.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

We need to give Bradley time. He is so young. I think that last game against NY was something he really needed for his confidence. One game does not a career make; however, one game can be the catalyst to gain confidence. I am not smitten with Bradley but not ready to give up on him either.

With respect to Rondo, I assert that we would have had a very good chance of beating Miami, if Rondo was not injured. Sometimes players come along (Dennis Rodman comes to mind) that are very different from your prototypical hoopster, but who have a unique set of talents, which makes them, in their own way great, I think Rodman was one of these and I think Rondo is another.

Let's worry about getting some big men. I think are concerns in that dept. far outwiegh concerns about guards.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oldschoolfan. Show oldschoolfan's posts

[QUOTE]Other than no clear-cut position in the NBA, Bradley does not have a high basketball IQ.  Danny Ainge is only saying Bradley would have been a lottery pick this year because he wants to raise Bradley's trade value.
    Posted by kycleptic[/QUOTE]

Have to agree with this, he does seem lost out there when he's been given some playing time.  Granted he came in hurt and missed a bunch of time, but hasn't shown much when given the opportunity.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Bradley and Rondo:
    [QUOTE]With Bradley as our backup point, we might as well trade the big three this year, because the guy does not have a grasp on how to play the team game at all and is a disaster like Tony Allen.  Rondo is Rondo , very highly reguarded on this site and most other teams hope we keep him because they have his number and haves figured out how to use his weakness go defeat us on a regular basis.  D West needs to be resigned it is important that we not go into the season with Rondo and Bradley at point.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

First, many teams have SOME weakness in their point guard.  Ours can't shoot jumpers well enough most of the time and doesn't hit free throws.  Others don't pass well (Rose/Westbrook) and others don't play D while others can't drive and dish (Fisher, for example).  Rondo's not that bad - he brings tremendous strengths in many areas.

Second, Bradley has a DIFFERENT game than Rondo and we'll all see how good or bad Doc is by how well he starts to develop Bradley and use Bradley's strengths when he's on the floor.  I like the rotation of Rondo/Bradley/West/Ray and maybe Wafer.  Collectively, they have all the skills and that includes Bradley's budding ability to play D.  He is a better shooter than Rondo and if he learns to handle the ball bette + pass a little, he'll be a good 3rd string guard for cheap.   

Don't give up on that rotation, yet. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

When Bradley starts, the Celtics seem to win!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Bradley and Rondo:
    [QUOTE]With Bradley as our backup point, we might as well trade the big three this year, because the guy does not have a grasp on how to play the team game at all and is a disaster like Tony Allen.  Rondo is Rondo , very highly reguarded on this site and most other teams hope we keep him because they have his number and haves figured out how to use his weakness go defeat us on a regular basis.  D West needs to be resigned it is important that we not go into the season with Rondo and Bradley at point.
    Agree we should keep Delonte.The rest of your post is utter nonsense.You dudder and pud should start your own website where you can constantly whine and complain about Rondo.Bradley played one year of college and was injured much of last season. Your statement about the team game is the sort of thing clueless fans say when they can`t concoct a more specific criticism.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]Watch the game, how many point guards  are not guarded by the other team, that is a weakness, but other points have their own, but when Rondo man stays in the middle and cuts off passing lanes and driving lanes and dares Rondo to shoot it should register on people that like him, and I like him, that this is a serious problem.  From my reading the Celts have tried to mover Rondo but they could not get equal or better value for him, WHY?
    Where did you read that,"News of the World?"

Sections
Shortcuts