Bradley continues to be an issue

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3952186. Show user_3952186's posts

Bradley continues to be an issue

Why does he continue to take the most shots on offense. Brad, you do not revolve your offense around a guard in the NBA. Particularly one who is probably a number 8 spot on most teams.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from chetgnat. Show chetgnat's posts

Re: Bradley continues to be an issue

i think it's so that they can make a final determination on his numbers going forward. if he can't choot, he's a $5 million player. if he can knock down that jumper every night, he's closer to $8. i think we all agree, he's a $5 million player.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Part of AB taking all of these "chots" is that there are no other Celtics players who have the menatlity to look for their "chots".  For example, if Green, in particular, was that aggressive in looking for his "chot", his scoring production would soar.

Right now, AB is throwing up bricks most of the time.  When you "choot" as much as he has been lately, eventually some will fall but too many are misses.

AB is playing like a $5M player.  No way will he command $8M unless he significantly improves his overall play, especially on the offensive end.  He "choots" and misses alot but doesn't assist much.  He doesn't make anyone around him better.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Agree. No way Bradley should be taking 21 shots every night as he has been lately.

Danny and Brad calling his number to enhance his trade value ?  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

I wish he was Jeff Green.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

Part of AB taking all of these "chots" is that there are no other Celtics players who have the menatlity to look for their "chots".  For example, if Green, in particular, was that aggressive in looking for his "chot", his scoring production would soar.

Right now, AB is throwing up bricks most of the time.  When you "choot" as much as he has been lately, eventually some will fall but too many are misses.

AB is playing like a $5M player.  No way will he command $8M unless he significantly improves his overall play, especially on the offensive end.  He "choots" and misses alot but doesn't assist much.  He doesn't make anyone around him better.

LOL - I know, every heard of spell check??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I have every heard of it, but skooting guards got to be able to skoot, is that not right?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wicksandrowe. Show wicksandrowe's posts

To think, Avery Bradley was once neck and neck with John Wall as HS player of the year.

If those pre-university evaluators were right, it begs question, "What the hell happened to him?" I prefer to think that they were just wrong. He's a very limited player, with a very limited skill set. Athletic, yes. Able to convert his athleticism into basketball effectiveness, no.

He didn't play particularly well at Texas. The NBA game has only got faster and more complex, and he is unable to keep up with it. 

Yes, he's learned the mechanics to make catch-and-shoot threes and a reliable pull-up jumper. But if you can't do anything else with the ball, defenses will make you do those other things, and the result is what we see on a nightly basis - horrible decisions, terribly executed passes, missed finishes, no court awareness, etc. 

One of the more egregious examples occured against LA when he managed to ignore two teammates and screw up a 3 on 1 break!

When he has the ball teams are making Bradley make passing decisions, and the results invariably are bad. And in my experience you cannot make unimaginative, unaware, bad passers into a good ones. If you want to avoid turnovers, you simply tell them to stop trying to make those plays.

Sadly, much of the preceding also applies to Jeff Green, in most areas as bad a decision-maker as Bradley.

So why does the last play hinge on the abilities of Jeff Green and Avery Bradley to make something good happen? Quick answer - Stevens went with the veterans once again to see if they could do something smart.

But this guy is running out of patience. Read his tortured explanation of how the last play unfolded. He's trying as hard as he can to explain how his guys screwed up 10 seconds of clock without actually blaming them, biting his tongue nearly off in the process.

At some point he'll opt to leave both of them out of the decision making and go with Sullinger, Olynyk, Bayless as better options to actually get a bucket. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I cannot disagree with you.

You're right on point.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Maybe it is just me but I wouldn't pay $5M for him.  Ainge would not give that kind of money to Tony Allen and he is much taller and the range of players that he can cover is much larger, on top of the fact that TA is not a volume chooter and more of a team player.  It is so easy to jack up all kinds of attempts but much harder to be more judicious and get your teammate involved.  I respect a good defender but that does not cancel out the act of being a selfish player.  Even on a fast break, AB does not pass and he is a terrible finisher, a lot worse than Tony Allen.  There is no way in my mind that Ainge is giving him $8M a year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

His 3 point percentage stinks at 36.5% but his shooting percentage overall is 44.1, one of the highest on the team, especially given he's not an in the paint scorer.   In December he hit 48.7% and that's darn good for a shooting guart!   In fact, remove his 3 pointers, and his jumper is pretty sweet.  I like AB.  Yes, he's a small SG, but he's the only one on the team hungry for shots and makes decisive moves to take open jumpers.   Come on fellas, we can't hate on EVERYONE on the team!  Give the guy some credit.

As for Green, if your shooting percentage was where his is, you'd shy away from too many jumpers too!   He's not hitting many jumpers in the last couple of months.  He started the year off at 50% shooting on 16 shots a game.  He's down to 39% shooting on 14 shots a game.   HIs 3 point shooting went from 42% in December to 31% in January.   I am one of the few who likes Uncle Jeff as a 3rd option but I see him get tired fast and conserving energy early in the game.   I worry about him, physically!

If we had 2 or 3 all stars on this team, we'd love Bradley and Green.  Our problem is that these aren't the guys to lead a team to a championship......but we all knew that.   So, evaluate them as they are....role players who need some stars.  

Boy do I miss the days of KG, Ray, Pierce, and Doc.  They all made a lot of role players look really good!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Two weeks ago there were a number of posters on here that wanted to pay AB 8-million per season! DA told AB and his agent - he is a 6-million per year player!  It appears DA was right! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I would have kept Lee and traded Bradley, if it were me.

Lee was bigger and a better shooter.

But the goal is a top three pick.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

bradley is not starter quality material.  he's in a  contract year and pressing.

but nobody else on the team is pressing / any sense of urgency.  jeff green is gliding and geraldine wallace won't put up any FGA's at all

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

someone please tell me is the "S_hoot" word been outlawed on the discussion board because of the hack kneed tired@ss "gun violence" thing?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts