Bradley is better than Rondo

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Re: Bradley is better than Rondo

What a change in perception about young Avery Bradley !

In just a few months , he has gone from being viewed as a bust to untouchable.

Already a legit weapon on DEFENSE , and he already shoots the jumper more naturally in the flow of the game than Rondo

Too bad about Keyon Dooling's injuries , but I'd rather see Avery at this point.....Dooling is a progress stopper and should be moved at the deadline, he does have value.

I like Bass, Wilcox and Pietrius off the bench
    I like Avery Bradley, E Moore and JJ Johnson getting minutes every night

I trust Danny Ainge heading into the trading deadline....

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

It's true.

Jeff Green is more likely  to sign a deal with the Celtics than anyplace else , I see Green coming back just like Marquis Daniels did

Unless OKC calls.......wouldn't they love to have him back at a reduced price ? 

One last thing, anyone know if Kristic has an out clause in his Russian deal ?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]It's true. Jeff Green is more likely  to sign a deal with the Celtics than anyplace else , I see Green coming back just like Marquis Daniels did Unless OKC calls.......wouldn't they love to have him back at a reduced price ?  One last thing, anyone know if Kristic has an out clause in his Russian deal ?
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]
    PHX85014
    Is your photo a non sequitar?  I don't get it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

ouch

rr acts like he wants out of green land

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Rondo gets too excited after making one jumper and then the next is a horrible brick. I dont think he will ever be consistent.(hands too big?/)

IDK, but Bradley is not better right now. Will he be a better player for us in the future? maybe

Bradley will never have the BB I.Q. of Rondo or his playmaking ability or his nice touch around the rim, but how many championships have been won with that team having the best PG??

Seems the Lakers have won the most recently and they have the oldest, slowest, no playmaking pg in the league.

FOr this team going forward, A.B. is a better option because he is more aggresive attacking the rim, can hit the 15 footer in the flow of the offense and plays terrific on ball defense to go with a great work ethic and attitude.

So no, he is not better, but he is better for this team.

Same way no QB with the best year in the league has won it all except ONCE!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

The more i see of Bradley, the more i think he will end up being a better than average NBA player. His confidence is growing, his ball handling is getting better, he has good form on his shot, i think he could have a very good in between game, before he is done!! He is improving at a very fast pace this year, if not for the injury last year, there's no telling how much farther along he would be now!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Bradley is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]I'm just sayin'....
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]I THINK SO..... SO HOW DID THE AAU (RONDO) GUY DO LAST NIGHT !!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bradley is better than Rondo : I THINK SO..... SO HOW DID THE AAU (RONDO) GUY DO LAST NIGHT !!!
    Posted by Bill-806[/QUOTE]

No offense but you are both wrong. to quote from Celticstown today:

there’s a mammoth gap between how the Celtics perform with Rondo compared to without him. Prior to Tuesday’s game against the Cavaliers, the Celtics were 10.01 points per 100 possessions better with Rondo on the court. With Rondo on the court, the Celtics have a 103.95 offensive efficiency, which would be good enough for seventh in the league. And the trend holds. The Celtics were almost 10 points better with Rondo on the court last season, and have always been significantly better offensively with Rondo on the court, even dating back to his first year as a starter. And when Rondo sits? This season, the Celtics would be 29th in offensive efficiency, better only than the Charlotte Bobcats. 

SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! Bradley is improving has a ton of potential and seems a good kid, but he is not ready to run this team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : No offense but you are both wrong. to quote from Celticstown today: there’s a mammoth gap between how the Celtics perform with Rondo compared to without him. Prior to Tuesday’s game against the Cavaliers, the Celtics were  10.01 points per 100 possessions better  with Rondo on the court. With Rondo on the court, the Celtics have a 103.95 offensive efficiency, which would be good enough for seventh in the league. And the trend holds. The Celtics were almost 10 points better with Rondo on the court last season, and have always been significantly better offensively with Rondo on the court, even dating back to  his first year as a starter . And when Rondo sits? This season, the Celtics would be 29th in offensive efficiency, better only than the Charlotte Bobcats.   SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! Bradley is improving has a ton of potential and seems a good kid, but he is not ready to run this team. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

hmm..im guessing people will OVERLOOK this fact. just like the fact that Rondo makes jump shots at a more efficient rate then almost every elite pg in the league (not Nash or CP3), yet he is the worst shooter in the NBA.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

I'd like to see them play together. I think they could compliment each other beautifully. Doc probably doesn't because of Ray and size, but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot.

I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal. Bradley certainly can run and his shot is coming around. This makes a slow team pretty quick. That's for next year, I guess.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

so u want Rondo at SG???

Ok, that sounds smart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I'd like to see them play together. I think they could compliment each other beautifully. Doc probably doesn't because of Ray and size, but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot. I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal. Bradley certainly can run and his shot is coming around. This makes a slow team pretty quick. That's for next year, I guess.
    Posted by MrJohnnyMost[/QUOTE]

ive been saying this for awhile..

last night Bradleys shot was falling. the beautiful thing is the shots were coming of of passes from PP, which means he CAN indeed play the 2 guard position. with him not having to worry abt running the point, we could see his offense get even better. him and rondo on defense and in the fast break together would be a terror.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]so u want Rondo at SG??? Ok, that sounds smart.
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

avery is a combo guard..wouldnt it make more sense to assume he wants to see Avery at SG? lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I've seen this "Bradley is better than Rondo" stuff for a while now and it's wildly simplistic. Kirk6 you want to there? Let's break it down then. 

I will agree with you that in the long run, Bradley has the potential to be a better NBA player than Rondo. But he has more challenges as well. 

here's why: 

Bradley is more of a combo guard than a point guard. He can run an NBA offense for a few minutes off the bench but he doesn't have the ability to do that for longer periods, passing/running offense isn't his strength. He needs to be a better shooter also but let's assume he'll get there as he has a more natural stroke than Rondo. 

So, make him a two guard then - nope. He's too small to play 2 guard in the NBA (Ainge loves to draft small guards for some reason). So Bradley must learn to run an offense effectively to be a starting guard in the NBA. Right now he's only able to come off the bench. 

What abour Rondo then? Well, Rondo has all the abilities to play point guard in the NBA. Rondo is too small and too poor a shooter to be a 2 guard but he can play the point in the NBA. But wait, what about Rondo needs to be a better shooter and all that stuff? Well, yes, to be a truly elite point guard (top five or so) he needs a better jump shot, but to be an effective starting point guard for most NBA teams he already has the skill set now. 

So, while in a playground setting Bradley might be the better player now, in terms of their NBA futures, Rondo clearly has an NBA future as a starting point guard whereas right now Bradely is working to solidify as a good backup point guard and being a starting point guard is something he still has to prove. 

Kirk6 what I think you meant to say is "I like watching Bradley better than Rondo" and if that's true for you, then fine, but that doesn't mean he's a better NBA player at this juncture. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot.

I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal.

JH24, Does this sound like he is talking about Rondo playing SG or Bradley???

LOL at yourself.

I didnt write it. Go ask Johnny what he meant. but clearly if he is saying Rondo can guard bigger players.....

Bradley forcing an errant pass. Sounds like he meant Rondo playing SG.

Rondo cant shoot. He also cant defend premiere 2 guards. Most people here think he is a gambling, bad on ball defender, so how does it help to ask him to guard the Kobe's of the world?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot. I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal. JH24, Does this sound like he is talking about Rondo playing SG or Bradley??? LOL at yourself. I didnt write it. Go ask Johnny what he meant. but clearly if he is saying Rondo can guard bigger players..... Bradley forcing an errant pass. Sounds like he meant Rondo playing SG. Rondo cant shoot. He also cant defend premiere 2 guards. Most people here think he is a gambling, bad on ball defender, so how does it help to ask him to guard the Kobe's of the world?

very true. he really might have been thinking rondo playing the 2, which is ridiculous. 

but despite what some ON HERE think, Rondo is a very good defender. we see alot of points where he gambles, which i hate, but overall he is good on defense. NBA coaches and opposing point guards agree with me too, for some strange reason.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I dont buy into the hype. People dont realize that Rondo calls out the opposing teams plays on almost a regular basis, and he plays team defense as well, meaning he knows angles, where his weakside help is, etc

So while he may look like he is not always playing his man its more to do with him trying to help too much at times. Sometimes he goes down to double and get burned, but i see that as just trying to help too much not really selfish or whatever.

What I always say to those folks is, what PG in the league is lock down and way above Rondo in on ball defense??

D.Rose doesnt lock anyone down, nor does Nash(everyones favorite here) nor does Paul, and the only guy who may be better is A.B. and he is being touted as the best full court defender in the league Already!!

So you and I agree there, he gambles  but he is way smarter than the average pg defensively and does a lot that goes un-noticed.

Sorry to be such a smart a ss.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot. I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal. JH24, Does this sound like he is talking about Rondo playing SG or Bradley??? LOL at yourself. I didnt write it. Go ask Johnny what he meant. but clearly if he is saying Rondo can guard bigger players..... Bradley forcing an errant pass. Sounds like he meant Rondo playing SG. Rondo cant shoot. He also cant defend premiere 2 guards. Most people here think he is a gambling, bad on ball defender, so how does it help to ask him to guard the Kobe's of the world?

very true. he really might have been thinking rondo playing the 2, which is ridiculous. 

but despite what some ON HERE think, Rondo is a very good defender. we see alot of points where he gambles, which i hate, but overall he is good on defense. NBA coaches and opposing point guards agree with me too, for some strange reason.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I'm not in the boat of the people who call Rondo one of the best PG in the league (or even a good shooter --> he is a terrible shooter) but to say that Bradley is better than Rondo is ... well... ugh

This assumption is based on a what? A few minutes of NBA basketball? So far no opponent has scouted AB on offense. If he would start a few games they would have a game plan for AB like they have one for Rondo. Will AB still shine? He has shown some flashes but still has some serious flaws as well. And one of this flaws will never be fixed: He is to small to guard most SG in the league.