Bradley is better than Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Re: Bradley is better than Rondo

any thought would be one more than yours

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : No offense but you are both wrong. to quote from Celticstown today: there’s a mammoth gap between how the Celtics perform with Rondo compared to without him. Prior to Tuesday’s game against the Cavaliers, the Celtics were  10.01 points per 100 possessions better  with Rondo on the court. With Rondo on the court, the Celtics have a 103.95 offensive efficiency, which would be good enough for seventh in the league. And the trend holds. The Celtics were almost 10 points better with Rondo on the court last season, and have always been significantly better offensively with Rondo on the court, even dating back to  his first year as a starter . And when Rondo sits? This season, the Celtics would be 29th in offensive efficiency, better only than the Charlotte Bobcats.   SO BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR! Bradley is improving has a ton of potential and seems a good kid, but he is not ready to run this team. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

stop interjecting facts into the discussion!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : So CASox and Mployee8 are one and the same. BUSTED! HA HA FORGOT TO CHANGE ACCOUNTS, WINGNUT?  For the record, it was Mployee8 who said Qyntel Woods would make it back to the NBA. Mployee said this back in the summer of 2010 when he also thought Josh Boone would end up wearing Celtic green. 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Ha...where you come up with this crap is beyond me....the only thing busted is that fat head of yours....I live in Venice CA  somehow I doubt he does... and when you say busted??  busted how? If anyone has multiple posers on here, it is you

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : I promise, no more criticizing Rondo after 3/15 if he's still a Celtic.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Tonight's game vs Nets Rondo hit 3-4 jumpers, I mean swishes !!! Were these an anomaly ? I tell you I do not see A. Bradly as our PG/SG if we unload Rondo. He had 3-4 open looks tonight and reminded me of Rondo in previous games not taking the shots.

Ya know how some players will stand and practice foul shots. How about Rondo taking 15-20 shots from 10, 15, 20 ft out & practicing. How about he play PIG OR DONKEY but with no drive to the rim baskets. How about a shooting coach analyzing his shooting. I mean I know it's a combination of good eyesight and then touch but maybe someone like Ray Allen, if he's not traded, could give Rondo some assistance. Just saying, just wondering....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : Tonight's game vs Nets Rondo hit 3-4 jumpers, I mean swishes !!! Were these an anomaly ? I tell you I do not see A. Bradly as our PG/SG if we unload Rondo. He had 3-4 open looks tonight and reminded me of Rondo in previous games not taking the shots. Ya know how some players will stand and practice foul shots. How about Rondo taking 15-20 shots from 10, 15, 20 ft out & practicing. How about he play PIG OR DONKEY but with no drive to the rim baskets. How about a shooting coach analyzing his shooting. I mean I know it's a combination of good eyesight and then touch but maybe someone like Ray Allen, if he's not traded, could give Rondo some assistance. Just saying, just wondering....
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Rondo was 5-10 from the outside tonight. We can live with that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

[QUOTE]How about Rondo taking 15-20 shots from 10, 15, 20 ft out & practicing. How about he play PIG OR DONKEY but with no drive to the rim baskets. How about a shooting coach analyzing his shooting. I mean I know it's a combination of good eyesight and then touch but maybe someone like Ray Allen, if he's not traded, could give Rondo some assistance. Just saying, just wondering....
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]

Great idea! But wait Rondo is in his 6th year not a rookie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : Great idea! But wait Rondo is in his 6th year not a rookie.
    Posted by Gasthoerer[/QUOTE]

Lebron James is in his what..8th or 9th year? and he is starting to improve his jumpshot..sooooo...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

...sooooo... mandobello had a great idea that Rondo should work on his shoot and you agree. You also found that this is the solution after just 6 years with the Cs and with Ray as his teammate:

A shooting coach and 15 shoots a day? Seriously? After beeing a bad shooter for his entire career, working with shootings coaches for long stretches and changing the mechanics several times you agree that the solution is shooting 15 shots a day and talking to Ray? Seriously? 15 shoots?

By the way: Ray also improved his shooting this year and he is almost 100 years old. But he was a good shooter from the beginning and still is shooting more than 15 shoots a day. James is no Ray but a MUCH better shooter than Rondo over his entire career. Rondo is closer to Shaq than he is to James if you talk about outside shooting. But still he is much better player thean Bradley of course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Just had to revive this.  Laughing my butt off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]but Rondo has shown he can play bigger guys. He's guarded Kobe and LeBron at times. Ray's defense... well he can really shoot. I'd love to see it. Bradley, forcing a hasty pass while Rondo ball hawks for the steal. JH24, Does this sound like he is talking about Rondo playing SG or Bradley??? LOL at yourself. I didnt write it. Go ask Johnny what he meant. but clearly if he is saying Rondo can guard bigger players..... Bradley forcing an errant pass. Sounds like he meant Rondo playing SG. Rondo cant shoot. He also cant defend premiere 2 guards. Most people here think he is a gambling, bad on ball defender, so how does it help to ask him to guard the Kobe's of the world?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Most people on here probably know less tha Doc ,Hubie Brown,Magic and Cousy, all of them Rondo fans.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is better than Rondo : Lebron James is in his what..8th or 9th year? and he is starting to improve his jumpshot..sooooo...
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Took Kidd a few years as well. Rondo hasn`t peaked yet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

If Bradley started yesterday's game he easily would have had 35 points, 23 boards and 30 assists.

Ha.

As I said eariler in this thread Kirk has made the same posts the last two years saying that Eddie House and Nate Robinson are better than Rondo.  And a lot of people agreed with him.

A lot of posters here do not  have a high basketball IQ.  HA

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

Glad you revivded it, OneonOne.  This thread is a classic.  Like the Edsel.

Haters hate because they need to.  It's an illness.  Fixity, bile and ignorance conspire to foil their wits.  If only they understood that catharsis only aggravates frustration.  This strain of Boston sports fan is an all too common, loathsome beast, prone to ruining the fun at parties. 

That was an awesome game against the Knicks, and I feel sorry for anyone hindered in their ability to root for the guys in Green due to the conflict they feel over their dedication to hating the star of the game. 

What a life.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

The so called "Haters" are wrong, but the "Lovers" who come out of the shade after every triple double are wrong as well. Rondo is not a well-rounded, fundamental player. His court vision and athletic is unquestioned. But he has serious flaws in some basic areas of the game. There is no denial that he is a bad shooter, no clutch player and very inconsistent  Even in a great game like yesterday he was almost outplayed and outhustled by Lin in the last minutes. He destroyed Lin in 3-4 quarters and then Lin almost stole the game if there wasn't this deperation 3 of Pierce.

If I would compare Rondo with some NBA player: He is the Lebron James of the PGs with the shooting ability of Shaq. Great for 3 quarters (minus the shooting ability of James who is not great but good average) and then folds in the 4th^^

To compare Rondo with a role player like Bradley, who played a couple of games in the league is of course insane.

Sections
Shortcuts