Bradley is Too Raw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bradley is Too Raw

The kid has athletic ability, unfortunately that is all he has right now. 

With Nate as the backup PG and Delonte capable of playing both guard spots I think the Celtics are better off if they use Bradley as trade bait. 

James Anderson should have been the 19th pick. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Bradley is Too Raw

Since the Big 3 days.. Doc never plays rookies.. heck, he waited until 5 minutes left in a total blowout to get Bradley in.

AV looked shaky in there but it was his first minutes of the season, looked like he was going too fast..  If he got some minutes each game, even 3-4, we might see what hes got but thats not gonna happen. AV will fade away and not get much time if any oin the court while the Big 3 is intact.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The only thing I questioned with the Bradlety pick is why a team with championship aspirations would chose a guy who is probably years away from helping them.  Trade the #1 for something else, get a college senior, do something that is going to help this team in the short term. 

Maybe Danny thinks getting the most talanted (in his estimation) player available and having options to develop him or trade him makes the most sense.  Who knows, they touted him as being an NBA-ready defender, so maybe he gets limited minutes hounding the other team's PG. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

anderson has had some early success while bradley has been behind the eight ball w/ his slow to heal ankle. now anderson is out for a few months w/ surgery on a stress fracture in his foot. let's see what sort of progress bradley can achieve over the next few months.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw:
    [QUOTE]The only thing I questioned with the Bradlety pick is why a team with championship aspirations would chose a guy who is probably years away from helping them.  Trade the #1 for something else, get a college senior, do something that is going to help this team in the short term.  Maybe Danny thinks getting the most talanted (in his estimation) player available and having options to develop him or trade him makes the most sense.  Who knows, they touted him as being an NBA-ready defender, so maybe he gets limited minutes hounding the other team's PG. 
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

On draft night it was not clear whether Nate would re-sign and Delonte was not yet a free-agent. Guess at that time Ainge thought he needed a backup PG. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]anderson has had some early success while bradley has been behind the eight ball w/ his slow to heal ankle. now anderson is out for a few months w/ surgery on a stress fracture in his foot. let's see what sort of progress bradley can achieve over the next few months.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

James Anderson was safe the pick because he's NBA ready and a very good shooter. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

... its his 1st min in the nba.. raw yes but give him a break.. bunch of nerves you could just see by watching, but thats when doc did his job and let him know to just calm down a little. thats why the players love doc. so shut up and give him time

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]... its his 1st min in the nba.. raw yes but give him a break.. bunch of nerves you could just see by watching, but thats when doc did his job and let him know to just calm down a little. thats why the players love doc. so shut up and give him time
    Posted by baseball4life93[/QUOTE]

Give him time? What time? The Celtics have Rondo, Nate and Delonte, where will he fit in? 

When JO comes back Bradley will become the 13th man. That means he won't even be in uniform during the games. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

He's 19 years old.  He was nervous as h*** last night; his shot was off by about 6 inches.  But he hit his FTs and he's got wheels.  And again, he's nineteen.  Can't drink, can barely vote, and was about four years old when Shaq began to dominate his position.

But P34 is right...he'll be watching most of the games courtside.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

doc places a premium on D and thinks bradley can be elite. or so he says. supposedly the ankle is around 95%. give the rook some run, doc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My observations were that Bradley knew the defense schemes perfectly. He did not look lost in that sense. He is SUPER fast and a quick leaper. He did look lost on offense but not that much, being his first minutes, the guy knows his stuff. He was afraid of penetrating.  My biggest fear was that Danny had drafted another gabe pruitt which obviously he did not. Great pick for the future past the Big Three era if we keep him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : On draft night it was not clear whether Nate would re-sign and Delonte was not yet a free-agent. Guess at that time Ainge thought he needed a backup PG. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Stop making good points, you're making me look bad!  Think Danny had some guard slots to fill, and was thinking best talent available, which seems to be his draft M.O.   

I saw Bradley play at UT and I do think he will help eventually.  And I'm sure Ainge did his due diligence on other players and trade possibilities, so maybe making the pick was the best option.  I'm all for giving guys like Bradley, Erden and Harangody lots of minutes as the situation dictates (blowouts, etc).  The more guys that can play, the better it is for the bench, establishing trade values, etc.    

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Would expect nothing significant out of him for 3 years - only played 1 year of college and will get minimal time this season.

I too liked Anderson with pick 19.  Still l trust we will see something from Bradley in the future. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Give the kid some time to develop. He's just recovered from ankle surgery. He was a high school phenom and DA saw a lot of upside in his game. This is the Erden situation all over again where many were doubting his ability to play in the NBA. That isue has been settled, and so will it be in the case of Bradley once he's learned the ropes. Besides, there's no real certainty that Robinson and West will remain Celtics in the future once their contracts expire. Bradley will most likely be irrelevant to the team's performance this year, but he may be an importamt piece when the team goes into rebuilding mode. Maybe, DA has already initiated the process with Bradley's signing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]They should just cut him. He clearly can't compete in the NBA. It's rather obvious after 6 minutes.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Great Post!

These guys would look a gift horse ......I was impressed with Avery for the time spent. If he could switch out from active to non active, practice with the big boys and get some court time, I believe he could develop into a serious Celtic or a serious somewhere else$$$ JMO

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

What I don't get is if Rondo is under contract until 2015 and Nate until 2012 that means Bradley will only get minutes in practice for the next 2 years. Not bad if the Celtics are rebuilding. But the Celtics can't start rebuilding until KG is gone, so why did the Celtics draft a player that can't contribute immediately?

Again, this is not about Bradley's abilities. This is about the last time a 1st round pick of the Celtics actually became significant. 

2003 - Marcus Banks and Perk
    2004 - Al Jefferson, Delonte and TA
    2005 - Gerald Green
    2006 - #7 pick turned into Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliff
    2007 - #5 pick Jeff Green turned into Ray Allen
    2008 - JR Giddens
    2009 - no pick
    2010 - Avery Bradley

It's like the Cs didn't even have a 1st round pick after 2004.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34, you're mostly right....but 2007's use of the pick to get Ray Ray was a pretty good year (and that brought Garnett in, remember).

Also, I think Danny has a philosophy of having a lot of young raw talent that can be bundled up and used for bigger trades (witness Telfair, West, Jefferson, Ryan Gomes, and that #7 pick) who were all used as trade bait to build what we have now).

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Forgot to say....."and in 3 years, Bradley could be part of such a bundled package".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Raw????????????  what did you expect in his NBA debut and playing 6 minutes?  he wasnt going to light the world on fire!!!!!!  Some of these posts are just ridiculous!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Give the kid a break. It was his first NBA game and he was obviously very nervous. Why else would he pull up off the dribble and shoot 2 mid-range air balls? Nervous tension if you ask me. I've seen him play in college and believe me, he can play. He's only 19 and the best thing for him would be to play in the D.League this season. The C's have 3 quality veteran pg's right now anyway.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I WANT TO SEE BRADLEY BEFORE WE TALK OF TRADING HIM !!!

JEEZ !

There are however, a collection of assets on the Celtics roster that could land us another star player in a firesale ..... it is a bad ecomony

Maybe Bradley is one of those assets ...

SO GLAD RAY ALLEN IS STILL A CELTIC !!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Raw????????????  what did you expect in his NBA debut and playing 6 minutes?  he wasnt going to light the world on fire!!!!!!  Some of these posts are just ridiculous!
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]

Maybe you didn't understand, I said it's not about Bradley's abilities. It's about drafting players that can't contribute immediately. The Celtics are not a rebuilding team, why draft a 19-year old kid?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Give the kid a break. It was his first NBA game and he was obviously very nervous. Why else would he pull up off the dribble and shoot 2 mid-range air balls? Nervous tension if you ask me. I've seen him play in college and believe me, he can play. He's only 19 and the best thing for him would be to play in the D.League this season. The C's have 3 quality veteran pg's right now anyway.
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]

The best among the 3 PGs is under contract until 2015. Nate will be a Celtic until June 2012. Should the Cs continue to pay another PG 1st round draft pick money just to play in the D-League?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

HE is a very good player who will only get better and fit very well with out very good young players.  Keep him.

Sections
Shortcuts