Bradley is Too Raw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Re: Bradley is Too Raw

Some of you posters are idiots.  So what if he can't help this yr.  In case you haven't noticed, the core of this team is old.  There's nothing wrong with picking up a guy that might be a stud 2 yrs down the road.  Why would you take a safe pick in the draft and grab someone you don't think will improve much when you can get a guy in here to learn the system that was rated higher than John Wall 1 yr earlier.

That's why Ainge gets paid to run a team and none of you do.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from baseball4life93. Show baseball4life93's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw:
    In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : Give him time? What time? The Celtics have Rondo, Nate and Delonte, where will he fit in?  When JO comes back Bradley will become the 13th man. That means he won't even be in uniform during the games. 
    Posted by P34

i understand that, my point is just dont beat up on him when he gets his 1st mins in the league..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

AB is just a practice player for us. He wont be anymore than that until the Big 3 are gone, thats even if hes still around.

Docs not gonna use him unless we have major injuries or we're winning by 40 with  a few minutes to play. Been that way since the Big 3 got here. No room for late round rooks... just check our history since 07

What else can Danny do? Cant trade our low 1st round pick..for what? A superstar?? We're just stuck but its not such a bad problem. Its this way cause we're competing for a title with vet players. Rather that then rebuilding with youngsters imo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Bradley will play some because of his defense and if one of the starters/key rotation guards go down.  It's obvious management likes him a lot...can't coach height and speed --- look what speed has done for Rondo.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Some of you posters are idiots.  So what if he can't help this yr.  In case you haven't noticed, the core of this team is old.  There's nothing wrong with picking up a guy that might be a stud 2 yrs down the road.  Why would you take a safe pick in the draft and grab someone you don't think will improve much when you can get a guy in here to learn the system that was rated higher than John Wall 1 yr earlier. That's why Ainge gets paid to run a team and none of you do.
    Posted by siestafiesta

A stud in 2 years? How can the kid play when Rondo will be a Celtic until 2015 and Nate will be backing him up in 2012. 

Take the safe pick because instead of Marquis Daniels passing up an open 3-point shot the safe pick would have taken the shot and will more often than not nail that shot.

How can you be such an idiot thinking that Bradley will get regular playing time in the next 2 years?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Some of you posters are idiots.  So what if he can't help this yr.  In case you haven't noticed, the core of this team is old.  There's nothing wrong with picking up a guy that might be a stud 2 yrs down the road.  Why would you take a safe pick in the draft and grab someone you don't think will improve much when you can get a guy in here to learn the system that was rated higher than John Wall 1 yr earlier. That's why Ainge gets paid to run a team and none of you do.
    Posted by siestafiesta

Siesta, ease up son!  Idiots?  It's a discussion about why Bradley was drafted.  The point was that a guy with a more polish after a long college career might have been able to help a team with championship aspirations now as opposed to three years from now when the core of the team has left town.  I don't see what's wrong with that statement.  If Ainge thinks that Bradley has much better upside and is worth the wait, then great. 

No need to call people idiots for making valid points.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : i understand that, my point is just dont beat up on him when he gets his 1st mins in the league..
    Posted by baseball4life93

Atlanta was not the first game Bradley played in. That lone loss to the Sixers in preseason was because of Bradley's turnovers.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Avery-Bradley-5285/

6-3 SG in college. 

Ray Allen is 6-5, but when he's guarding Kobe he looks shorter.

The Celtics will try to make Bradley a PG in the NBA, that could take years.

The 20th pick of the 2010 Draft is part of the Spurs rotation. I mean the guy is NBA ready and a very good shooter. 

I'm not questioning Avery Bradley's abilities, he reminds of the Celtics' Dee Brown. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

Since the Big 3 days.. Doc never plays rookies.. heck, he waited until 5 minutes left in a total blowout to get Bradley in. AV looked shaky in there but it was his first minutes of the season, looked like he was going too fast..  If he got some minutes each game, even 3-4, we might see what hes got but thats not gonna happen. AV will fade away and not get much time if any oin the court while the Big 3 is intact.
    Posted by Karllost

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoCalCeltFan. Show SoCalCeltFan's posts

One of the best at bringing rookies along during the season was the late Red Holtzman of the Knicks. Each player would see 4 -8 minutes per game, especially from October through the All Star Break. Then, later in the season he knew what to expect and how to use them. They were not unknown quantities. He brought a guy named Phil Jackson along that way. Dean Memminger, Walt Frazier, many others. It used to drive us Old School Celtic fans nuts that the Knicks would have a youthful, contributing bench come playoff time, while the C's had to rely on Buddy LeRoux, duct tape, and dumb luck to make it through the Playoffs. Let's hope the next several games are blow outs, so Doc will have to play the young guys!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : The best among the 3 PGs is under contract until 2015. Nate will be a Celtic until June 2012. Should the Cs continue to pay another PG 1st round draft pick money just to play in the D-League?
    Posted by P34

My guess Fierce is when Ainge drafted Bradley he had no idea that Delonte would be available. The C's in hind sight should have drafted a small forward or shooting guard. We all know hind sight is 20/20 so my point doesn't mean much.
        They have Bradley now and he's just going to stagnate on the bench so why not send him to the D.League where he can develop his game?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Ainge loved this kid at the time of the draft.  He wouldn't have taken a small forward or shooting guard if he knew Delonte was available.  Bradley has a chance to be a star.  You don't take a potential 7th or 8th man instead of someone with more talent just because they're more ready to play this yr.  In fact, Ainge came right out and said there were 2 guys he liked and if neither was there, he would have traded the pick.  And while you guys are right that he may not get enough minutes to be a stud in 2 yrs, if he plays well in a backup role he will have much more trade value down the road than he does now.

And please, how do you bring up Red Holzman in any conversation about today's NBA.  It's a much different league these days.  Young guys don't win in the NBA.  It's a veteran's league.  Look at all the contenders and tell me how many rookies get big minutes on any of these teams.  Saying Doc can't develop young players is a fallacy that is perpetuated by people who don't really know what they're talking about.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

If we didnt pick up DWest, I doubt Bradley would be getting any time anyhow.  Heck, it takes vets a while to pick up the system and this kid is young with no NBA experience.

Its different if he went to the Clippers or Wizards, teams that are garbage where a young kid can break in and develop during games.

Bradley's getting an education in practice, im sure.. but I think hes stuck in a tough spot. Cant play in games and prob doesnt want to go to the D league...cause that could be a black hole once ur there.

Celtics are the wrong team to be drafted by these days. Thats simple imo.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

The 20th pick of the 2010 Draft is part of the Spurs rotation. I mean the guy is NBA ready and a very good shooter. 

Posted by P34

well it helps to be playing under Popovich. If he was a Celtic, he would be sitting in the bench anyways just where Bradley is.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

So many years I see safe picks went by the wayside and Ainge went for a reach in a high school phenom who mostly undewhelmed after being high school all american (gerald green, telfair, giddens, now bradley).  That's almost every draft pick that he did not trade away since 2005.  OK, he did well with Jefferson and Perks, but sometimes the safe pick is the one to make once in awhile.  It seems that he is now only go for reachy gamble in every draft when there is credible known quantity on the board.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckman. Show chuckman's posts

Anybody notice that he took 4 shots, missed them all, and 3 were airballs. Brutal!!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckman. Show chuckman's posts

Ainge has much better results in the second round. Gomes, Baby, Harongody(better than Bradley),Bill Waker.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Reasons he drafted Bradley:
    -Celtics were old and had a lot of depth. As a result, they could afford to bring him around slowly. Bradley may break into the rotation in a few months. He has been a pro for just a couple of months. Ideally, he'll take the backup spot from Nate by the time we go into the playoffs. It will be hard for us to afford some of the mismatches that Nate always has once we get there. Luckily, the two teams that Nate best matches up with are the Heat and Lakers.
    -terrific complementary skills to Rondo. Bradley's first strength on offense is his shot. Unlike Rondo, he's a threat outside which spreads the D for Rondo. His second strength is his athleticism which will make him a terror on the fast break. When this is Rondo's team, the fast break will have a much more important role in team success. Finally, his third strength on offense is his ability to penetrate a defense. He doesn't have the kick out yet, but he goes hard and finishes well, which will be important if he's asked to be a scorer as a 2 guard then and as an offensive option later in the year once he has a lot more experience and can break into the rotation.
    -Defense is his his strength, especially on ball defense. He has great length, speed, and determination in his on ball defense. Right now, the Cs biggest threats are the Heat and Lakers. Both have key players at the shooting guard positions. Perhaps by the playoffs, Bradley may have earned a few minutes guarding both of them. In the long run, he's a defensive stopper, an elite defender who will harrass and beat elite scorers. He's one who will manufacturer turnovers with Rondo and start generate that fast break that this team will be relying on in a couple of seasons.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw :   well it helps to be playing under Popovich. If he was a Celtic, he would be sitting in the bench anyways just where Bradley is.
    Posted by cabutan

That's not fair to Doc. When Glen Davis was a rookie he got minutes in the regular season. Are you saying that Doc will let the 2nd round picks play but not the 1st round picks?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

Raw????????????  what did you expect in his NBA debut and playing 6 minutes?  he wasnt going to light the world on fire!!!!!!  Some of these posts are just ridiculous!
    Posted by jdm894g

what this guy said. a lot of people making a big deal out of it. you expect him to be lebron in his first game?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

P34, I'm with you.....  Delonte West, Rondo, Davis, Perk, Tony Allen all got playing time when young.  Doc's rep here is unwarranted.  

Many Rookies and 2nd years are not going to get a lot of playing time when you are trying to get home court advantage and they're playing behind 7 or 8 seasoned veterans.   

I believe Ainge drafted risky (not criticizing him - he was trying to get players low in the draft because that's all he could do) and many of those risks didn't work out (Walker, Giddens, etc).  Doc's job is not to play the players who can't handle the system.  Its Ainge's job to get Doc players who could make it and other than Rondo, Davis, Perk, Ainge didn't deliver him a lot of starters.  So be it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I will put this the best way I can. Bradley is a better overall player than John Wall,so as astute basketball fans would you just dump JW? I can tell you when the High School rankings for both players came out #1 was Avery Bradley. Sometimes you just have to be patient especially since the Guys in front of you all have NBA years of experience. So if Bradley gradually is intigrated into the rotation he will show why the Celts drafted him and when he makes a full time impact in two years you'll be glad they have him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I expected to see Bradley play in the 2nd qtr. against the Raptors. If Bradley can't get playing time against a team like the Raptors then I guess it's safe to say that we'll only see Bradley when it's garbage time.

Again, if the Celtics drafted James Anderson the backup SG problem would have been solved as early as Draft night. 

Ray Allen will play a lot of minutes until the Celtics get a quality backup SG.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I expected to see Bradley play in the 2nd qtr. against the Raptors. If Bradley can't get playing time against a team like the Raptors then I guess it's safe to say that we'll only see Bradley when it's garbage time. Again, if the Celtics drafted James Anderson the backup SG problem would have been solved as early as Draft night.  Ray Allen will play a lot of minutes until the Celtics get a quality backup SG.
    Posted by P34

I think Danny likes to draft the player that no one was expecting to get drafted.  (makes him look smart)   Especially if they are close  to drafting order.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : I think Danny likes to draft the player that no one was expecting to get drafted.  (makes him look smart)   Especially if they are close  to drafting order.
    Posted by OneOnOne

HAHAHA!!!

Sections
Shortcuts