Bradley is Too Raw

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Re: Bradley is Too Raw

Tonight, against the Cavs, Bradley didn't look like a PG. That's why Doc is not playing him. 

Again, he could turn out to be one hell of a player in 2 years, but right now he's only a practice player for the Cs. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Bradley is Too Raw:
    [QUOTE]The kid has athletic ability, unfortunately that is all he has right now.  With Nate as the backup PG and Delonte capable of playing both guard spots I think the Celtics are better off if they use Bradley as trade bait.  James Anderson should have been the 19th pick. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

When Rondo was drafted he was in the same position.  Nobody in the league benefits more from who he plays with than Rondo.  Maybe Bradley will be a similar benefactor.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

There are times Doc could play him , because of his defensive ability, he sure played Tony, now that was strange.  Doc could have already given him good experience but he has not done it, imagine that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw:
    [QUOTE]There are times Doc could play him , because of his defensive ability, he sure played Tony, now that was strange.  Doc could have already given him good experience but he has not done it, imagine that.
    Posted by maryngary[/QUOTE]

If you're talking about Tony Allen it's not the same with Bradley. TA is a SG while Bradley plays PG. 

Doc is very critical when it comes to PG play. The fact that Doc didn't play Bradley when Rondo was hurt is an indication that Doc doesn't think that the rookie is ready.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]Since the Big 3 days.. Doc never plays rookies.. heck, he waited until 5 minutes left in a total blowout to get Bradley in. AV looked shaky in there but it was his first minutes of the season, looked like he was going too fast..  If he got some minutes each game, even 3-4, we might see what hes got but thats not gonna happen. AV will fade away and not get much time if any oin the court while the Big 3 is intact.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]
    But doc does play Erden ? He is a rookie...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : But doc does play Erden ? He is a rookie...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]I think Erden's case is different. Erden may be raw for the NBA but he has some years of experience  playing in Turkey and international tournaments. Besides, Doc really didn't have much choice but to play Erden due to the injuries sustained by Shaq, JON and Perkins. Bradley was a high school phenom but only played a year of college ball. Due to injury, he practically missed training camp and the summer league. Doc doesn't see the need to rush Bradley's development because the team still has available options in Nate Robinson, Von Wafer and Marquis Daniels. Besides, Bradley isn't even 100% recovered from ankle surgery.  The recent injury to Delonte West though may alter Doc's plans for Bradley.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Wafer and Harangody got to play in garbage time, but Bradley didn't. If Doc will not use Bradley might as well trade him for a player that Doc can actually use. 

There's no point in waiting for Bradley to develop, the Celtics need a player that can play NOW!

Best case scenario Bradley will be good enough, in 2 years, to be Rondo's backup. Right now the Celtics need someone to take Delonte's spot in the rotation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bradley 2 misses, 2 fouls, and 2 turnovers in the 1st half. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley 2 misses, 2 fouls, and 2 turnovers in the 1st half. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    if this is a told ya so, you might add that it was in only 5 minutes. bradley also hustled, had an assist, a +5 and earned an enthusiastic endorsement of his effort from kg as he left the floor.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Bradley obviously is a very strong defender and a terrific athlete.  I don't see any reason to think he couldn't be a very good NBA player.  He has just gotten healthy and just turned 20.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

What are our expectations for a guy who played one year of college ball and was injured during camp and preseason?  IT'S ONLY DECEMBER!!!!!!!  I'm sure as Bradley gets to 100% we will see some of the potential that mad DA draft him.  If we have more games like today, then 'Gody, Erdan and Bradley will gain valuable floor time.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : if this is a told ya so , you might add that it was in only 5 minutes. bradley also hustled, had an assist, a +5 and earned an enthusiastic endorsement of his effort from kg as he left the floor.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]

Clearly Bradley is not a PG. From what I've seen so far, he's definitely not a pass first PG. Every time he thinks he's open he shoots.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : Clearly Bradley is not a PG. From what I've seen so far, he's definitely not a pass first PG. Every time he thinks he's open he shoots.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    I think he is just taking these shots so Rivers could see his value on offense...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley obviously is a very strong defender and a terrific athlete.  I don't see any reason to think he couldn't be a very good NBA player.  He has just gotten healthy and just turned 20.  
    Posted by Icon11[/QUOTE]

True.

My only problem with the selection of Bradley is he will need time to develop. The Celtics are going after Banner #18 this season, not in 2012. 

The Celtics need players that can contribute NOW!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : I think he is just taking these shots so Rivers could see his value on offense...
    Posted by MichBelgium[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Bradley was a scorer in college, Ainge and Doc already know that when they drafted him. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : I don't think so. Bradley was a scorer in college, Ainge and Doc already know that when they drafted him. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I thought he was known for his defense. I didn't follow him back in the days so I am not so sure...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

anyone see his defense today? it was pretty good. von wafer played some good defense too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pliu. Show pliu's posts

The guy is athletic and stayed in front of his man well.   Doesn't look like much of a shooter but defense is a rarer skill.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley is Too Raw : True. My only problem with the selection of Bradley is he will need time to develop. The Celtics are going after Banner #18 this season, not in 2012.  The Celtics need players that can contribute NOW!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

That was my problem with him as well. 

I'm not exactly sure what move should have been made with the pick with an eye towards the title. There is a rule that teams cannot trade 1st rd picks 2 years in a row unless they have at least a 2nd pick. Celts gave '09 pick to MN.

Jordan Crawford and James Anderson would have been filling it up more. But at the expense of West or Nate to start the season off w/ a rookie? I don't think so. Avery at 19 years old has more upside and was high on Rivers/Ainge wish list.

Yet shoot 1st combo guards tend to have some serious range, guys like Bobby Jackson, Eddie House, Jason Terry and currently Nate. Avery is not a great shooter.

They also seem to work well when paired with tall PG's who can defend SG's. Like the promise of Nate with West. Rondo is obv here for a long time and a great defender of PG's. So I see 3 options for Avery:

1.) we add a player in the future who is a tall PG to defend SG's, or even just end up with a healthy West in that role, Avery replaces Nate after '12, really locks down PG's, hopefully adds a jumper and is an incredible asset off he bench.

2.) he headlines a trade for a major piece to help us win a title between now and next February's deadline.

3.) he is given a chance to get major minutes in 2012-13 and is found to be redundant with Rondo and then traded for a young player who fits future plans better

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

No one we drafted this year was going to play much! Wafer is better then Anderson, and he don't get much playing time. Bradley is a scorer, there is a difference between a shooter and a scorer, bradley can create his own shot, he has that in between game that is hard to defend. Danny got us a good one in Avery!!  I have to give Danny credit for Luke also, the C's have so many good players, there's no way all of them can play.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

His D was pretty nice

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]His D was pretty nice
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]
    Hope Doc goes to the bench more to conserve his starters and develop his bench.  But I say this every year....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] No one we drafted this year was going to play much! Wafer is better then Anderson, and he don't get much playing time. Bradley is a scorer, there is a difference between a shooter and a scorer, bradley can create his own shot, he has that in between game that is hard to defend. Danny got us a good one in Avery!!  I have to give Danny credit for Luke also, the C's have so many good players, there's no way all of them can play.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

Wafer is not better than James Anderson.

If the Celtics drafted Anderson they didn't have to sign Wafer.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE] No one we drafted this year was going to play much! Wafer is better then Anderson, and he don't get much playing time. Bradley is a scorer, there is a difference between a shooter and a scorer, bradley can create his own shot, he has that in between game that is hard to defend. Danny got us a good one in Avery!!  I have to give Danny credit for Luke also, the C's have so many good players, there's no way all of them can play.
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

I watched the whole game, every time Bradley thinks he's open he shoots.

Bradley did a good job on defense, but the NBA is not like the NFL, in the NBA you have to do a good job on offense and defense.

Sections
Shortcuts