Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year

Mike Brown said Jenning was going to take him to school one play,but I seen Bradley shut him down that play,and most of the time he guarded him.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year

Yeah, on another thread everybody was giving him heck.  I though he played excellent D on a smaller, quicker guard that should have given him problems.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, on another thread everybody was giving him heck.  I though he played excellent D on a smaller, quicker guard that should have given him problems.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

i don't know why notrade has to make another thread where he can agree or disagree --- waste of space.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Well I am not sure Arroyo can beat him out. Was Arroyo really the best that was left out there? I would have taken Lester Hudson over him any day or even a flyer on Walker Russell

Even dust off Lue

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year : i don't know why notrade has to make another thread where he can agree or disagree --- waste of space.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]
    I started a new post,so mine wouldn't get lost in all that negativity. I put myself out there by defending him in the open,instead of sneaking it in a big post.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Arroyo is evidence that danny and doc only trust vets.  I think they've taken the philosophy a bit far in taking both JO and Shaq, but that's my personal opinion.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Arroyo is evidence that danny and doc only trust vets.  I think they've taken the philosophy a bit far in taking both JO and Shaq, but that's my personal opinion.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

You mean with the window of opportunity related to winning is going to close in the next couple of years Doc should be letting Giddens, Walker, Gerald Green, and Bradley play a lot and cost them games.  Yeah that makes a lot of sense.......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Im sorry - but Bradely is aweful.  He does make a decent individual defensive play, but then follows it up with 3 bad offensive trips.  He can't dribble or shoot and gets pressured up the floor VERY easily. 

Our offense  becomes a 1-2 pass isolation as a good 12 seconds get taken off of the clock by the time he gives it up.  He is so relieved when he passes the ball to someone else - yesterday even Troy Murphy was the reciepent of a few of these passes at the top of the key. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Agreed that Doc and Danny only seem to trust vets, but I did not like when they traded Semih. The guy was a legit 7 footer, who was getting better each time he played. Given the situation now with Shaq and Jermaine both out, Semih would have been good to have.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Arroyo makes sense because Bradley other than his defense has the game of high school player.  Let's hope they bring in guys that know how to play when it counts.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I just don't see Bradley developing into a PG, and based on what we've seen so far, I don't understand why the C's brass is even trying to convert him.  He just looks lost out there, and his ball handling skills are mediocre at best.  Just let him spot up and shoot from the two spot and see what he can do.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

I agree CelticFan - I hated that trade.  Semih was a good insurance ploicy and showed some decent talent.  He improved over time and seemed to work hard. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Im sorry - but Bradely is aweful.  He does make a decent individual defensive play, but then follows it up with 3 bad offensive trips.  He can't dribble or shoot and gets pressured up the floor VERY easily.  Our offense  becomes a 1-2 pass isolation as a good 12 seconds get taken off of the clock by the time he gives it up.  He is so relieved when he passes the ball to someone else - yesterday even Troy Murphy was the reciepent of a few of these passes at the top of the key. 
    Posted by rbrock911[/QUOTE]

He was the concensus #2 prospect in the country coming out of high school and he played one year at Texas and two thirds of the way through his rookie year we don't like that he is like Rondo in his rookie year.  Rondo played two years at KY and was a complete project coming into the league.  The BIG 3 carried him to a title in his second year.......  a little too early to be giving up on Bradley, sorry.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Not giving up on the kid - he has quick hands and feet when playing man defense. Im not sure how he stacks up on team defense, and he is a catastophe on Offense.  The kid absolutely destroys any offensive rythem - how can you not see that!?  D-League Material.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

He was mediocre at Texas in that one year and I think that #2 high school ranking should be thrown out of the window as soon as he did not look great in college.  Maybe too early for you, but I say you and many are giving way too much benefit of the doubt because he is a #1 pick.  Rondo looked raw but he was fine starting in almost half the games as a rookie, there is no way you can compare their rookie performance.  Mistakes happen all the time, the sooner we realize that he does not cut it, the better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from trenton1. Show trenton1's posts

Have to agree with theDudder...Bradley has the potential to be more than a decent backup in due time...we need to give him the opportunity to mature and learn the NBA game. Hopefully watching from the sidelines will benefit him more than being thrown into the fire, especially as the team approaches a playoff run. I believe that in the next year, or two, Bradley will be a more than commendable player for the C's...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

Can I ask what you see in him as a backup PG?  What skills has he exhibited in any of his playing time?  Have you been watching these games?!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]Can I ask what you see in him as a backup PG?  What skills has he exhibited in any of his playing time?  Have you been watching these games?!
    Posted by rbrock911[/QUOTE]

Chauncey Billups.........  the kid is 20 years old......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rbrock911. Show rbrock911's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year : Chauncey Billups.........  the kid is 20 years old......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]

Haha - Chauncy Billups!?  Come on fella - seriously, what period of playing time, or even single play have you seen anything from this kid other than the occasional good man-defense, quick hands and a steal!?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley looked good defensively,and will be a good backup pg next year : Chauncey Billups.........  the kid is 20 years old......
    Posted by TheDUDDER[/QUOTE]
    Could I get some of what you are having?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I dont get it. We bash doc for preferring vets over rookies. Then we bash the rookies when they play like rookies. Are we expecting the rook to play like a solid veteran of 6 years? The kid didn't even play in the pre season..This is his training camp and pre season..You have to looke at hints of potential, but to expect consistant performance is probably expecting too much at this point. Look at some vets and D leaguers brought in tht can't perform either. Plus, its mainly due to injuries, that he is getting a looks anyway.Arroyo, West, will take over from there. The kid does play good D. More than can be said of murphy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

It's not "negativity" when we speak the truth.

What does Avery Bradley do well besides play good defense?

Is he a 3-point shooter? No.

Does he have PG skills? No.

Can he play SG? No, he's too small to be a SG in the NBA.

This is not the NFL, NBA players play offense and defense.

Avery Bradley started learning how to dribble when he entered the NBA. Last night against the Bucks the offense could not get going when Bradley was the PG. Bradley was too busy recovering the ball after his defender poked it away from him when he was bringing it up the court.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

How tall is Monta Ellis?  I think Danny knows a little more about what kind of player Bradley is capable of being than some of our fellow posters!!!

Sections
Shortcuts