Bradley or Rondo, part 2

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Bradley or Rondo, part 2

I had to do this because it wouldn't let me post on the original...

Is Bradley or Rondo a stupid question because Bradley isn't a bonafide PG? I say no because another defensive minded shooting guard was able to evolve into a decent point after finally getting it and being the "best player"Bird ever played with. Yes, DJ! On the other hand, after seeing it took DJ to age 29 before he truly grew up I can concede that there's possibly hope for Rondo. And I'll leave it @ that...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Bradley or Rondo, part 2

I agree.  I will be truthful here.  I didn't think AB would amount to much more than a good defensive player,  and I didn't see him anywhere near the level he is on defense right now.  I don't think there is a better on the ball defender in the game.  To steal a phrase- BAR NONE. I believe AB is also a bette shooter than DJ was.  DJ was a better passer and up to this point in AB's career a lot more clutch in his shot making.  I watched a coach the other day when AB stole the ball from their point guard and he just shook his head,  like,  what are you doing?

My post has nothing to do with RR either.  If he doesn't enhance his game then IMO he needs to go for someone else.  It is pretty obvious that we are definitedly not worse by not having RR playing right now.  If he doesn't make us better then maybe its time to turn the page.  I believe RR can make us better if his game changes.  He can no longer be a 60 percent free throw shooter.  He has to be a threat to score and the number one thing is he can not dominate the ball each possession.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:

I had to do this because it wouldn't let me post on the original...

Is Bradley or Rondo a stupid question because Bradley isn't a bonafide PG? I say no because another defensive minded shooting guard was able to evolve into a decent point after finally getting it and being the "best player"Bird ever played with. Yes, DJ! On the other hand, after seeing it took DJ to age 29 before he truly grew up I can concede that there's possibly hope for Rondo. And I'll leave it @ that...

It took DJ until 29 being traded twice to finally maturate into a well-rounded team player.

There may indeed be hope for Rondo... but not in Beantown... not here... not with the sort of pampering he has received by Celtic management from day one.

Out teflon ASPG needs to hit bottom first, and we are a long, long ways from that.

Pud

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I find myself agreeing with all three  of you!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

In the regular Season, Bradley is a sight to behold on defense. I love the guy. He is also great in the playoffs on defense. The good news is that his offense is also starting to come around. 

I am not sure that he will ever be a point guard. Dribbling the ball is not his strong suit.

Rondo is a great play-off point guard. His efforts in last year's play-offs are the proof. In the regular season, however, winning comes second to winning on Rondo's terms. Rodno wants to lead the league in assists, steals and rebounds for a point guard. As a result, defense in the regular season suffers as he goes for rebounds and steals. Offense suffers as he goes for assists over victory.  

Rondo knows that in order to be considered great he has to win in the play-offs. 

The bottom line is that both would be valuable in the play-offs, but Bradley wins the regualr season war.

I do believe that Jeff Green will more than make up for Rondo's absence. The way he guarded Lebron in the last Heat game, and having Bradley back, make the Cs a defensive juernaught.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsince1958. Show celticsince1958's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

I agree.  I will be truthful here.  I didn't think AB would amount to much more than a good defensive player,  and I didn't see him anywhere near the level he is on defense right now.  I don't think there is a better on the ball defender in the game.  To steal a phrase- BAR NONE. I believe AB is also a bette shooter than DJ was.  DJ was a better passer and up to this point in AB's career a lot more clutch in his shot making.  I watched a coach the other day when AB stole the ball from their point guard and he just shook his head,  like,  what are you doing?

My post has nothing to do with RR either.  If he doesn't enhance his game then IMO he needs to go for someone else.  It is pretty obvious that we are definitedly not worse by not having RR playing right now.  If he doesn't make us better then maybe its time to turn the page.  I believe RR can make us better if his game changes.  He can no longer be a 60 percent free throw shooter.  He has to be a threat to score and the number one thing is he can not dominate the ball each possession.

Those things will never change! See below.

He can no longer be a 60 percent free throw shooter.  He has to be a threat to score and the number one thing is he can not dominate the ball each possession.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

The problem is, that his ego may not take it very well...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to celticsince1958's comment:

He can no longer be a 60 percent free throw shooter.  He has to be a threat to score and the number one thing is he can not dominate the ball each possession.

I think that is too much to ask for...time to move him....let another coach worry about that stuff...The younger players need a consistant vet to emulate...PP and KJ...IMO Rondo's time has come and gone...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Its time everybody started asking how much better the C's may have been these last few years had Rondo not been our PG. Seems like Ray had some truly legit reasons for no wanting to deal with Rondo. I'd bet even JG and C-Lee could expound on similar feelings if they weren't true TEAM guys. It makes one wonder what could have been!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think that is too much to ask for...time to move him....let another coach worry about that stuff...The younger players need a consistant vet to emulate...PP and KJ...IMO Rondo's time has come and gone...

[/QUOTE

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

Its time everybody started asking how much better the C's may have been these last few years had Rondo not been our PG. Seems like Ray had some truly legit reasons for not wanting to deal with Rondo. I'd bet even JG and C-Lee could expound on similar feelings if they weren't true TEAM guys. It makes one wonder what could have been!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

Hey Ralley,  I think that I am almost as unhappy about Rondo this reguar season as you are; however, he did play great in last seasons play-offs. I would also like to see him traded if he will not change. 

Ray's treason is still his treason. I won't blame him for other people's selfish behavior.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

Hey Ralley,  I think that I am almost as unhappy about Rondo this reguar season as you are; however, he did play great in last seasons play-offs. I would also like to see him traded if he will not change. 

Ray's treason is still his treason. I won't blame him for other people's selfish behavior.

I certainly do know that Rondo played great in last years play-offs. And, I am not defending Ray's treason. As a matter of fact, I was very happy to see such a one dimensional player go. BUT, Ray did serve as an example of someone who saw Rondo for who he was and what he ulitimately would do to the C's. RR is all about when he feels like playing. BOTH men are incredibly selfish players and I hope that next season neither of them is part of the Celtics.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

I certainly do know that Rondo played great in last years play-offs. And, I am not defending Ray's treason. As a matter of fact, I was very happy to see such a one dimensional player go. BUT, Ray did serve as an example of someone who saw Rondo for who he was and what he ulitimately would do to the C's. RR is all about when he feels like playing. BOTH men are incredibly selfish players and I hope that next season neither of them is part of the Celtics.

What exactly was the issue Ray had with Rondo that is documented and not assumed?  Is Ray on record saying specifics or fanatics reaching and psychoanalyzing the situation?  Waiting on documented credible sources.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

What exactly was the issue Ray had with Rondo that is documented and not assumed?  Is Ray on record saying specifics or fanatics reaching and psychoanalyzing the situation?  Waiting on documented credible sources.

Hey, Ray Charles! HE LEFT FOR MIAMI and less money. It was because of Rondo's style and jacked up attitude. You know, the guy that lead the Celtics to 6-straight loses in his last six games. I see Rondo on TV with my own eyes. I wanted to like him, I really, really tried. But having been a very competative player in my day, and seeing his body laguage, and his general energy twoard his teammates, I have concluded that he is in fact a fryggin pryk. He is. We all know that. Stop the BS, please. A very talented doutche bag is still a doutche bag!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Hey, Ray Charles! HE LEFT FOR MIAMI and less money. It was because of Rondo's style and jacked up attitude. You know, the guy that lead the Celtics to 6-straight loses in his last six games. I see Rondo on TV with my own eyes. I wanted to like him, I really, really tried. But having been a very competative player in my day, and seeing his body laguage, and his general energy twoard his teammates, I have concluded that he is in fact a fryggin pryk. He is. We all know that. Stop the BS, please. A very talented doutche bag is still a doutche bag!

According to Doc, yes Ray had a problem with Rondo but it was also because Doc told Rondo to dominate the ball.  http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8223007/boston-celtics-coach-doc-rivers-blames-ray-allen-leaving

I think we all know that Rondo was just doing what Doc wanted him to do.  

With that said the team is playing quite well without him.

As always I come down on the middle on this, as much as it angers certain people.  It's too soon to know how this will all play out long term.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

According to Doc, yes Ray had a problem with Rondo but it was also because Doc told Rondo to dominate the ball.  http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/8223007/boston-celtics-coach-doc-rivers-blames-ray-allen-leaving

As always I come down on the middle on this, as much as it angers certain people.  It's too soon to know how this will all play out long term.

Agreed. It is too soon. BUT after 43 games with Rondo at 20-23, then 15-games without at 11-4, I think we are getting closer to knowing what the problem WAS. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Gotta ask yourself..do you want to play against Rondo?  My answer is No.

The "problems" with Rondo have seemed to be all about communication.  Its almost like he was doing what Doc told him to do, but others didnt get the memo.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[/QUOTE]

Problem is that right now not many teams want to take a chance on an acl come back at big money.. Thus not major value in trading RR now. IMO we need to keep RR AB CL and TW for the best total bc in the NBA. Can you imagine platooning these guys and the other great Celtic guard/3's into the game. In order for this to be successful these players need to understand the value of back court dominance. Everyone gets paid well..the wins come and satisfaction is off the charts. Let friends be friends and win!

Fans, owners, players and media love it!!  Think about it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

In response to heirplain's comment:

Problem is that right now not many teams want to take a chance on an acl come back at big money.. Thus not major value in trading RR now. IMO we need to keep RR AB CL and TW for the best total bc in the NBA. Can you imagine platooning these guys and the other great Celtic guard/3's into the game. In order for this to be successful these players need to understand the value of back court dominance. Everyone gets paid well..the wins come and satisfaction is off the charts. Let friends be friends and win!

Fans, owners, players and media love it!!  Think about it.

[/QUOTE]

well said...anyone that underestimates Rondo's resilience and his desire and drive to be a force in NBA is wearing blinders. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

In response to snakeoil123's comment:

Dominate?