Bradley or Rondo?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bradley or Rondo?

If you could only keep one, which one would it be? I'm partial to pitbulls myself!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Re: Bradley or Rondo?

Good free agents want to play with Rondo. He's the starting All-Star point guard! I'd rather have both. Rondo can fetch us a championship quality big man though.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Keep Bradley......you can get more from another team when trading Rondo.  Defense is also better and Rondo is replacable.....as we see from our record without Rondo.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

If they both had Rondo's size of contract, I'd say Rondo, but putting salaries aside, Bradley. Bradley still has things to prove also, but I love what I see, who wouldn't? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Rondo can fetch us a championship quality big man though."

Yup - but that part is not about Bradley versus Rondo, Bradley is not a pure point. But if Williams works out as pure point, then Rondo is expendable, and will have to be traded for a big....too late to get anything for Pierce and KG now

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Said weeks ago I'd rather keep bradley and use Rondo to tarde for a big man

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

If they both had Rondo's size of contract, I'd say Rondo, but putting salaries aside, Bradley. Bradley still has things to prove also, but I love what I see, who wouldn't? 

I agree that Bradley still has things to prove. I can see him being a 15 point a game guy in the near future. Couple that with him being one of the best, if not the best defensive guard in the league and you've got something!!

We've got'em both right now, and we all know what Rondo is capable of when he comes to play. Our future may not be as bleak as i thought it was!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Bradley is a keeper for sure.  Relentless defender. Energizer bunny.

I don't see R9R being much of a magnet for FA's. Lee's and JET's experiences this year suggest that they may have wanted to play with Rondo but R9R didn't seem open to playing with them... so they languished.

Pud

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

One lotto pick, one FA pick up, a trade here and there, and we are back in business with the current young guns..I don't see a ten year drought...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Give me a less talented player who's hungry and gives his heart & soul to the team over a more talented one that feels hes above it all and plays occassionally...

As our defense instantly improved upon Bradleys return.... our team instantly improved upon Rondos departure...

No one player is above the team... not Larry, MJ or Magic..

My selection is Bradley

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

In response to darrylfries's comment:

If Bradley was a point guard this would be a valid question. Stupid thread.

Good point! but...choosing who:

Rondo used to defend and steals a lot - for some reason he was distracted and took the assist role. Both (bradley-Rondo) can't shoot but Rondo can score in many different ways -- Bradley can't.

Rondo can still go back to his old way, a decent defender.
    I will take Rondo -  but, if something comes out next season - I will swap him to a franchise player.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

I agree that Bradley still has things to prove. I can see him being a 15 point a game guy in the near future. Couple that with him being one of the best, if not the best defensive guard in the league and you've got something!!

We've got'em both right now, and we all know what Rondo is capable of when he comes to play. Our future may not be as bleak as i thought it was!!

But you said it yourself, until we get that superstar big man, the Celts are not a championship team.

Sure it's not as bleak, but when Pierce and KG leave the Celts will just be a lottery team, even with Rondo and Bradley.  

What would we have to do to have a shot at getting a Josh Smith, Al Jefferson, Or Paul Milsaps, next year?  Say KG retired and Pierce walked or took the 5 mil.  Would that give us a chance of getting two of the three?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I don't do JOB questions well, in fact I aviod them. So, I'd keep them both and count my blessings. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

"No one player is above the team... not Larry, MJ or Magic.."

That's just dumb, man!

Without Larry, MJ, or Magic, those championships the Celtics, Lakers, and Bulls won back in the 80s and 90s would not have existed if not for Larry, MJ, or Magic.

Maybe a player like Rondo can't be above the team, but saying that Larry, MJ, or Magic can't be above the team is just plain dumb!

Its time everybody started asking how much better the C's may have been these last few years had Rondo not been our PG. Seems like Ray had some truly legit reasons for not wanting to deal with Rondo. I'd bet even JG and C-Lee could expound on similar feelings if they weren't true TEAM guys. It makes one wonder what could have been!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

If you could only keep one, which one would it be? I'm partial to pitbulls myself!!

Keep em both..no brainer! imho

Rondo, Bradley, Lee, Williams..best backcourt in the league!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from KG-LB-KM. Show KG-LB-KM's posts

If Rondo starts next year playing for stats, He will be traded. I hope that he has learned his lesson, but if not, bye bye.

I love Bradley.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

In response to KG-LB-KM's comment:

If Rondo starts next year playing for stats, He will be traded. I hope that he has learned his lesson, but if not, bye bye.

I love Bradley.

Rondo has amazing talent, it is all between the ears with him. I hope he matures, if he does we will one of the best back courts in the nba!

Sections
Shortcuts