Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.

This kid gets it, gets after it, and has the physical conditioning to give the BEST perimeter scorers HELL!

I just hope the refs recognize his greatness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk

He's definitely better on D and more athletic than Joe Dumars.
    His free throws are Ray Allen like. His scoring is coming along very nicely.

Point is this, we may have another hall of famer in the making besides Rajon
    Rondo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQxJr5u0D0&feature=fvwrel

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from df4. Show df4's posts

Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.

Please tell me you are joking.

I love Bradley and his energy on D. And I think he has a chance to be a great defender. As a matter of fact, outside of Pierce he is my favorite Celtic. But Hall of Fame? Come on. It's way too early to even think about that. But if you are being objective, the odds are slim to none. And the only way Rondo gets within sniffing distance is after the Big Three are gone they rebuild and he is the starting PG for a few more banner winning teams.

But back to Bradley, I would still take Bruce Bowen in his prime over Bradley right now. But his ceiling is off the charts. Not only will he get better, he will get smarter. And I don't want to compare him to a guy like Artest because Bradley is a much better defender. Artest is a mediocre defender who gets away with consistently cheating because of his rep as a great defender. But that's my point. Artest is the perfect example. Once Avery starts to get that rep, he will be even scarier defensively. Look at what he's doing right now. And that's with the rookie treatment from the officials. Think about how good he will be when the refs stop squeezing him with BS fouls, just let him play and maybe even get away with a thing or two. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    This kid gets it, gets after it, and has the physical conditioning to give the BEST perimeter scorers HELL! I just hope the refs recognize his greatness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk He's definitely better on D and more athletic than Joe Dumars. His free throws are Ray Allen like. His scoring is coming along very nicely. Point is this, we may have another hall of famer in the making besides Rajon Rondo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQxJr5u0D0&feature=fvwrel
    Posted by DaCeltics

We are all pleased with the Celtics after a tough season.  Things look promising but all your posts today are a little over the top.  Remember how we struggled to get to this point. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    In Response to Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime. : We are all pleased with the Celtics after a tough season.  Things look promising but all your posts today are a little over the top.  Remember how we struggled to get to this point. 
    Posted by concord27

He is a good guy but all his posts always are a little over the top.  Bradley will certainly not make the HOF.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Pippen could guard everyone but a Center pretty much. Not a good comparison. He has a good chance to make some all defensive teams though if he continues to be a starter in the league.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

Just a tad overboard, but I'm also happy with the way Bradley is playing and the direction the team is going.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........

Tony Allen. He is a better shooter, ball handler and defender.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

TA is a stronger, bigger guy and more versatile in who he can guard.  Certainly avery is more trustworthy with the ball in his hands.

I would say that bradley is a better on ball defender and TA is a better team defender who creates more havoc in the passing lanes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Bradley on ball might be the best in the league. He gets around screens almost easily compared to other players in the league. laterally he is just so fast. They try to pick him and most times it doesn't work.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

he also has a great sense of were the pick is coming when he's back peddling 10 feet in from half court without being able to see it.  While he's defending the other teams point guard he makes moves of his own to throw off the big trying to set the high screen.  It's pretty unique because it works.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You can always count on the teenage DaCeltics to go overboard prematurely, compare players that play different positions and/or have different skills, and talk about players he wasn't old enough to see play

Thanks as always for making us smile Da!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bradley can guard 1's and 2's real well... he's like a better Delonte

Tony guarded 1's, 2's and 3's... he is better than Bradley, more like a dumars

Pippen could guard everyone but the center, as said before, and is one of the 3-4 greatest permimeter defenders of all time

Da hasn't watched much of the NBA since before 2008, maybe I'll give him a pass back to when LeBron/Wade entered the league in '03. He has no memory of Pippen/Dumars thats for sure.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RicoLakerfan. Show RicoLakerfan's posts

Bradley is the best on ball defender in the league and is going to be one terrific player. Not Pippen though. Scottie was 6'8'' and could guard everyone from a point guard to the best poward forwards in the game. Bradley doesn't have the size for that level of versatility. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from df4. Show df4's posts

Re: Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........

In Response to Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........:
    Tony Allen. He is a better shooter, ball handler and defender.
    Posted by terrrapin

Trick or Treat Tony? The guy with the mediocre and ugly jumphot? The guy with the grace and ball handling ability of a blind meth addict. I used to cringe every time he touched the ball because I knew there was a decent chance it was going to end up in the stands.

That Tony Allen? Give me a break. You trolls are getting more ridiculous by the day,

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rebels345209. Show Rebels345209's posts

I would pump the breaks on Campaigning for Bradley in the hall for now but I would say the long term effect is Ray Allen relocating this summer. Wouldn't rule him returning out as a 6th man next season but Ray will be highly sought after by Clippers and Heat to name two contenders. With Bradleys emergence I could see them saving the cap space and allowing Ray to walk. I'm a huge Ray Allen fan just speculating what Bradley's play could lead to long term. Rondo/Bradley is scary good defensively for a backcourt. I would like to see a third guard who can play both guard spots coming of the bench with them - free agent guards who can play both pg and sg (not including restricted guys) Chauncey Billups: still spot up, post up some small guards, hits timely threes and gets to the free throw line Delonte West: injury prone, tough when active, can defend both spots and can score Jason Terry: doubtful he leaves Dallas but he is an intriguing pick an roll guard. Can get hot Goran Dragic: big fan of him. Increased his stock with Lowry out Kirk Hinrich: somewhat regressed as an impact guy but he is a solid third guard If Ray was to walk and Bradley is viewed as the long time starter any of these guards who be a great fit off the bench. Guys who can play both guard spots. Celtics as of late have shortened the rotation. Depth is key but you really only need a good 8/9 guys. A roster of.... Guards: Rondo, Bradley, Billups Forwards: Pierce, Garnett, Green Centers: Free Agent, Steimsma That's a really good 8... I didn't include bass because I think he outplayed his contract and will test free agency. green will come back for us I'm almost certain of it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

I see your point but Pippen was 6'7" SF. He's more like Joe Dumars,TR Dunn and Payton, a guard that has an unlikely skill that totally changes the way teams play against. MJ never beat Dumars in a series because of his unique abilities of seeing passing angles defensively and changing peoples shot as they picked the ball up. TR Dunn had hands that acted like spider-webs and could position himself as to block vision of his man.  The Glove had incredible upper body quickness and foot speed,when your known as the "Glove" no explanation necessary. AB could be closest to Gary Payton, except his foot speed is unbelievable, I've never seen a player  that can mirror every step his man takes so closely so well, EVER.

TA is a different defender and I think TA was unappreciated by most fans and I would love to see him back in Green. Having Gerald Green back at the right price, he seems to have matured and is playing very well in NJ.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

Re: Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........

Read the by-line genius. I am making the case that Bradley is better at this point in his career than Allen.

In Response to Re: Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........:
    In Response to Not Pippen but at this time in both of their careers, he is worlds better than........ : Trick or Treat Tony? The guy with the mediocre and ugly jumphot? The guy with the grace and ball handling ability of a blind meth addict. I used to cringe every time he touched the ball because I knew there was a decent chance it was going to end up in the stands. That Tony Allen? Give me a break. You trolls are getting more ridiculous by the day,
    Posted by df4

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

In Response to Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    This kid gets it, gets after it, and has the physical conditioning to give the BEST perimeter scorers HELL! I just hope the refs recognize his greatness. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9vFHYVXtRk He's definitely better on D and more athletic than Joe Dumars. His free throws are Ray Allen like. His scoring is coming along very nicely. Point is this, we may have another hall of famer in the making besides Rajon Rondo! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrQxJr5u0D0&feature=fvwrel
    Posted by DaCeltics

Concur.  Obviously, I'm a big Rondo fan and with his continued progression, I can see him in the HOF 5 years after he retires.  In combination with Rondo, Avery is making an impact defensively and has an improving offensive game which gives Rondo another target that puts the ball in the hole.  The Celtics backcourt appears to be set for the next 10 years or so.

As Always,

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    Sottie Pippen? Bradley is better than that. I was thinking more along the lines of Walt Frazier.
    Posted by Kirk6

amusing tounge in cheek there on Pippen Kirk

See I wouldn't talk about Frazier b/c I can't remember players before 1988, although I read almost every book ever written in the C's so I can compete in any conversation about their teams back to when Russ was drafted

but thats why Da shouldn't talk about players who played before 2003

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Bradley can guard 1's and 2's real well... he's like a better Delonte Tony guarded 1's, 2's and 3's... he is better than Bradley, more like a dumars Pippen could guard everyone but the center, as said before, and is one of the 3-4 greatest permimeter defenders of all time Da hasn't watched much of the NBA since before 2008, maybe I'll give him a pass back to when LeBron/Wade entered the league in '03. He has no memory of Pippen/Dumars thats for sure.
    Posted by rameakap

But Toney was so touch and go.  He had great 5/6 possesion stretches against LeBron but couldn't have sustained it for a whole game.  He never was able to play within himself.  As it stands, A.B. can play the entire game guarding Wade and is an asset, plays within himself and continues to steadily progress, at the age of 20.  I love what Tony did in the 2010 playoff run, but Bradley is steady and if I had to choose one of them it's going to be A.B., and really, because of what seems to be an upside that he will reach, it's not even close.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Yeah, my Dad said the Frazier/DeBusschere/Bradley vs. JoJo/Havlicek/Chaney perimeter battles in the 70's were like a 12 round prize fight

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime. :  But Toney was so touch and go.  He had great 5/6 possesion stretches against LeBron but couldn't have sustained it for a whole game.  He never was able to play within himself.  As it stands, A.B. can play the entire game guarding Wade and is an asset, plays within himself and continues to steadily progress, at the age of 20.  I love what Tony did in the 2010 playoff run, but Bradley is steady and if I had to choose one of them it's going to be A.B., and really, because of what seems to be an upside that he will reach, it's not even close.
    Posted by passfirst

If I had to choose between Tony (Jr year at Okla State) and Avery (2nd year as a celtic) at the same age, 21, as who I would want on Celts or for the next 10 years of their pro career, I'd take Avery in a second

If I had to choose between the current Tony Allen and say a guy we could have kept in DWest, for last years and this years playoffs over Avery (not used last year) and 'Quis/Peitrus (spinal injury/concussion) I'd go with TA.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

Rondo, Bradley and Tony Allen together on the court would be fun to watch. 

Sections
Shortcuts