Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.

In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    [QUOTE]  Rondo, Bradley and Tony Allen together on the court would be fun to watch. 
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

ya it would.  I wouldn't be surprised if Tony signs back with the Celts after next year.  Those three would completely befuddle the Heat on the defensive end, and then out race them to the bucket.  If Greene comes back and serves as the 3, Tony could fill for 20/25 minutes a night between the 2 and the 3.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

As a one on one defender, I cant imagine someone being much better than TA was for us.  AB is in the conversation on the perimeter... however, in the post, whats AB gonna do against Kobe??  Uea, he had a nice block on Wade but more times than not, Wade is bigger & stronger than AB and will get the better of him in the post.

LEt's not forget just how good TA was defensively.

As far as the rest of TA's game, his career with the C's was checkered at best. Made Ray Allen look like Ernie D handling the ball and Rondo could gve him lessons on jump shots.  You've heard of the dessert apple-turnover? Well TA was a basketball-turnover. 

AB has come along brilliantly and made a fool of my conclusion he was a worthless draft pick that shouldnt even play in the D league.  I also like what appears to be a very humble player as well.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am loving Bradley too...but agree it's too early to start talking about Hall of Fame. Celtics are playing with a lot of heart this season and have exceeded my expectations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime.:
    [QUOTE]Please tell me you are joking. I love Bradley and his energy on D. And I think he has a chance to be a great defender. As a matter of fact, outside of Pierce he is my favorite Celtic. But Hall of Fame? Come on. It's way too early to even think about that. But if you are being objective, the odds are slim to none. And the only way Rondo gets within sniffing distance is after the Big Three are gone they rebuild and he is the starting PG for a few more banner winning teams. But back to Bradley, I would still take Bruce Bowen in his prime over Bradley right now. But his ceiling is off the charts. Not only will he get better, he will get smarter. And I don't want to compare him to a guy like Artest because Bradley is a much better defender. Artest is a mediocre defender who gets away with consistently cheating because of his rep as a great defender. But that's my point. Artest is the perfect example. Once Avery starts to get that rep, he will be even scarier defensively. Look at what he's doing right now. And that's with the rookie treatment from the officials. Think about how good he will be when the refs stop squeezing him with BS fouls, just let him play and maybe even get away with a thing or two. 
    Posted by df4[/QUOTE]

You could'nt go wrong with Bowen in his prime. Bradley is right there, though and does a better job on the primary ball handlers than Pippen and Bowen could.

Primary ball handlers are the drivers of the oppositions offense.

Successfully harassing primary ball handlers is the very starting point of a good defense.

The great big men throughout history had to have teammates that were capable of getting them the ball in their sweet spots or they were left to feast on only what they could rebound. ( Not very efficient offense)

When we delay the primary ball handlers and obstruct their vision of the court, it makes the ball get to the intended scorer with a feeling of " I've got to hurry up and get this ball up".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Rondo, Bradley and Tony Allen together on the court would be fun to watch.                      

Not only fun but an incredible defensive and fast break team,any one of them improve their shooting a bit and that combo would be really hard to contend with.I said it earlier, I think TA really didn't get a fair shake in Boston fot whatever reason(s) but I'd rather have TA back than Perk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime. : You could'nt go wrong with Bowen in his prime. Bradley is right there, though and does a better job on the primary ball handlers than Pippen and Bowen could. Primary ball handlers are the drivers of the oppositions offense. Successfully harassing primary ball handlers is the very starting point of a good defense. The great big men throughout history had to have teammates that were capable of getting them the ball in their sweet spots or they were left to feast on only what they could rebound. ( Not very efficient offense) When we delay the primary ball handlers and obstruct their vision of the court, it makes the ball get to the intended scorer with a feeling of " I've got to hurry up and get this ball up".
    Posted by DaCeltics[/QUOTE]

I know that you were very very young when Phil put Pippen on Mark Jackson in '98 (destroying Indy's offense b/c the primary ballhandler was basically taken out of the game) but please stop comparing our 21 year old combo guard to a HOF SF.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley plays the best defense since Scottie Pippen in his prime. : I know that you were very very young when Phil put Pippen on Mark Jackson in '98 (destroying Indy's offense b/c the primary ballhandler was basically taken out of the game) but please stop comparing our 21 year old combo guard to a HOF SF.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Good One! But, In general ( not siting slower PG's aka Magic and Mark Jackson) Pippen was not slowing the Muggsy Bogues types.

CAN WE AGREE ON THAT?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

yes we can agree that Pippen was not shadowing the mediocre under 6' PG's on non-playoff teams during his career

He would do to the speedy Rondo what Kobe did to him in the '10 finals... although Pippen wouldn't shoot 6-24 and be handed an MVP trophy he didn't deserve... he would get his 22-26 on 45% shooting and do all the little glue things needed to win, which is why he is in the HOF

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Although if the 90's Bulls and our recent Celts teams did match-up, Pip would do a better job on Pierce than Artest did, while MJ would do an even better job on Rondo than Kobe did, and if Michael shot 24 times he'd have made 10-14 of them.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

Those Bulls teams kept a lot of great players from winning rings (or more rings in Olajuwans case)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well since Hakeem won titles 2 of the 3 times he actually made it out of the west, then no, the Bulls didn't rob him of any (just the '86 Celtics)

but certainly Malone/Stockton were denied... one of Barkley/Ewing would have won in '93 and I'd assume whoever came out of the East in '96 would have won over the Sonics.

Thankfully MJ spared us from more Magic-Isaiah kissing in '91 and an atrocious Blazers-Cavs matchup in '92.

Sections
Shortcuts