Bradley vs. Moore Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight

In Response to Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight:
    [QUOTE]So far, other than tonight, Bradley has certainly looked like a bum and a terrible gamble for Danny (when he could have had a back up shooting guard named Anderson who's much more NBA ready).  I get so frustrated watching the guy. But, I have to leave room for the fact that Danny and Doc may be doing it right (maybe??).  They are bringing him along slowly.  The guy had one year of college, no summer leagues with other NBA players, no preseason for 2 straight years, and is just learning what to do.  Maybe he'll be like Rondo, BBD, Perk, etc......where he gets a little better each year and by his 3rd year - he really cranks it up.  It happened faster with Rondo and BBD, but Perk's development was pretty darned slow and remember he was VERY young when he got here, as well. I am with everyone who has mostly seen the guy play awful.  But, I'm an optimist and I hope Danny and Doc are just developing him slowly and we'll all be pleasantly surprised by late this season or early next season.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Anderson's 7 points on 37% shooting and 18% from 3's in 21 mins are not setting the world on fire.

He shot 39% from behind the arc last year, but only 38% total... meaning his non-3 game must be sub-par, and he doesn't defend.

He is 2 years older than Bradley.

The thing with the pick was that Danny couldn't trade it b/c you can't trade away a pick if it means you go consecutive seasons w/o a 1st, and we didn't have one in 2009. Then we were already going in the Nate/Marquis direction at SG and had Ray under contract for 2 more years so why not pick a kid ranked right there with John Wall all through High School and thought of as someone who would be a top 10 pick if he stayed in school?

The reasoning made sense, and as someone who would still just be a college junior, Bradley can still pan out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In fact, the team I'd love to trade him to (Sac in a Cousins package) would be ideal for him.

Evans dominates the ball, can defend SG's at 6'5" and is around the same age, so they can grow together (and fastbreak together). Bradley would guard PG's like a bulldog.

Of course that team also has Jimmer, a deadly shooter who isn't quick enough to denfed a lot of PG's in the game and would fare better on 3's. They would probably pair well together as Bradley drives and kicks.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

Celtsfan4life, good point on Perk.  The no basketball offseasons, no pre-seasons in his first two years has been damaging to his development no doubt.  looking back I bet he wished he stayed another year in college.  But according to Pierce he's working for it.  This quote caught my eye.  Not sure if he's just throwing stuff out there but I don't remember him saying things like this about just anybody trying to make the team.  

"He works so hard, he’s a guy who can really defend the ball about as good as anybody in the NBA. If he can do that and then if he’s able to knock down shots, open shots from distance, he can be a hell of a player in this league,” Pierce said of Bradley,

I like Moore too, but Avery is the better athlete and this has become a league in which the best athletes become the best players.  It's an interesting development to see Bradley take a couple baby steps in these last couple of games.  We were all pretty much past him and onto Moore, and I still want to see some Moore as well but got to give Doc credit. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

You'd think the Cavs would want to finish in the top 5 in the lotto this year (5 sure-fire stars) and pick up another pick around 20 in a deep draft as part of their rebuilding effort.

Varejao's solid play might earn the Cavs a pick in the 7-10 range... what if you lose the next Rip Hamilton/Tayshuan Prince (Jermey Lamb) or Luol Deng/Paul Pierce (Harrison Barnes) and instead grab a guy like Perry Jones who could easily become the next Darius Miles or Jerome Moiso...

plus they gain a pick and a player (Avery or Johnson) that should at least be a rotation player to grow with their other youngsters

Oh and saving 17 million in '13-'14 to again make sure you get a better lotto pick is never a bad thing

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from binbones. Show binbones's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight : The only trade worth pursuing right now is Cousins. Other than that we're good to go.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

only the cops is..." worth pursuing"...Cousins...

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight : JO and a draft pick for Varejao. I don't know if the Cavs will do it.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Yes that would have to be the deal

Otherwise it'd be like 4 guys and w/ two of them recent 1st, no draft pick draft pick: Wilcox, Bradley, Johnson, Sasha

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight : He missed his first 2 shots. What are you watching? He missed rim on a 10 footer causing Pierce to throw the ball out back to him at the 3pt line to avoid a shot clock violation and missed the 3. 
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

my fault i wasnt thinking straight wen posting..he did miss two in that first stint and then calmed down and was good. 

the thing is, if the guy develops into a good player, theres no need to trade him. unless we are gunna get a big that will produce as a STARTER you dont trade him...i am really really high on his defense, i know alot of fans dont really care about that these days but to me, his defense alone should earn him more minutes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley vs. Moore Tonight : Anderson's 7 points on 37% shooting and 18% from 3's in 21 mins are not setting the world on fire. He shot 39% from behind the arc last year, but only 38% total... meaning his non-3 game must be sub-par, and he doesn't defend. He is 2 years older than Bradley. The thing with the pick was that Danny couldn't trade it b/c you can't trade away a pick if it means you go consecutive seasons w/o a 1st, and we didn't have one in 2009. Then we were already going in the Nate/Marquis direction at SG and had Ray under contract for 2 more years so why not pick a kid ranked right there with John Wall all through High School and thought of as someone who would be a top 10 pick if he stayed in school? The reasoning made sense, and as someone who would still just be a college junior, Bradley can still pan out.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Add to your comments:  Danny really still likes him.  I don't know if Danny is trying to justify his pick or if he really likes the kid but Danny has been sitting with him, giving him advice, encouraging him, etc.   Clearly, they all are pulling hard for this kid.   Maybe we'll all be wrong and he'll work out.  I hope so.

Anderson:  He shot 4 from 19 on 3pointers so far this year, but 10 for 19 for non-3 pointers.  So, clearly so far he's shooting well overall.  His D is not great but the Celtics issue is clearly offense as backup to Ray.   And last year, of his total 81 shots, 46 (more than half) were three pointers.  That's what SA asks their shooting guard to do.  Heck, almost 40% of Ray's shots last year were 3's so the kid would have been doing what Ray does - shoot 3's.

In any case, hind sight is nice but our draft choice is spilled milk now......we just have to hope the kid works out for us from here.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Well yes, if you'd have taken Anderson he would have been more pro-ready with a lower ceiling. Doc still would have played Delonte and Daniles over him tho.

If you vould have done sign and trades with Nate (and maybe 'Quis) to land a SF like Battier or Ariza then we'd never have had to trade Perk.

Or if they just signed Tony Allen.

hindsight is of course 20-20

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Cs don't want Cousins.   He's a headache.   No all-pro has a consistant bad attitude........   AB played one good game against a team w/ 2 main players missing (making them worse team in league w/o DWilliams).   He's a hustler, but can he play team D?   I'm not impressed w/ his pg skills.   He can't even pass into the post.   Did anybody mention when he got his pocket picked by MBrooks?   I don't think he'll be a major factor in the playoffs (ie don't think he'll get off the bench much).   I agree maryngary, his overplaying will be used against him in the long run...? will he be able to adjust? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

THAT WAS NICE TO SEE LAST NIGHT (BRADLEY) HOWEVER I DO FEEL THAT THE KEY TO THIS SEASON/PLAYOFFS  IS WITH DOC, TO MAKE SURE THE KIDS PLAY MEANINGFUL MINUTES !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Against Miami, playing a zone d, and having this kid play( surgically implanted )defense on Wade, gives us a chance...