Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet

A point guard who provides that much energy on defense can disrupt another team's offense alot.
    PG.  and center are the most important parts of a team's defense. 

Bradley went 2 for 7,but it reminded me of the Rondo playoff game,where he went 4 for 14,but dominated the game. 

Bradley wasn't as good,but his defense was a big factor in the game. He brings youth and energy to every game. That old team needs a player like Bradley to give ,them the energy to compete harder on defense.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet

I said a year ago that I felt his max upside was a potential joe dumars clone at the 2 guard. Similar height, and defensive style. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet

Bradley is getting respect from Doc, Jermaine, Paul, Tom Heinson. Sounds like folks who know the game and the team already respect him. Add Nelson and Dwight to that list; word will get around that he can play d. The opinion of a certain group of chat boarders (those who have ragged on Bradley and now can't show the decency to take it back) are not what matters on the court.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet:
    [QUOTE]Bradley is a better defender than Rondo. Bradley reminds me of Dennis Johnson. He pokes the ball away while staying in front of his man. Rondo lets his man go past him and gambles on knocking the ball away from behind. Most of the time he misses, and his man breaks down our defense.
    Posted by Kirk6[/QUOTE]

You can be a lazy stat hound too, and the laziness tends not to show up in the stat sheets either.... just like AB's energy D.

But your teammates know... and hopefully your coach does too.

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

MEMO TO DANNY........  TRADE RONDO !!!!    CC: DOC

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Sooner or later, the game will slow down considerably for Bradley and he'll become a more comfortable offensive player.  What he can do on defense is extremely valuable and is something not many players in the NBA can do.  He's like a Bruce Bowen of point guards.  You can tell he, technically, has a jump shot.  He just has to get consistent attempting and making more of them.

I just wonder if he got more time would he be able to keep up that kind of intense defensive pressure.  Honestly, I doubt that he could.  I also wonder if he could play this kind of defense against some of the more offensive-oriented PGs.

He's still a work in progress but I definitely like what he brings.  He's only making other teams take notice of his capabilities.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I think his hustle is contagious, there was one play last game where he dove for a loose ball, grabbed it while on the floor and tried to throw it up court, Jameer was going for it and both Pierce and Kg dove on the floor for it, three Celtics on the floor in one play, it has been a while scince i have seen that kind of hustle!!  You could just tell the whole team picked up their defense to try and match Bradleys.  Van Gundy said he had never had a team dominated on defense like the Magic were that game!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet:
    [QUOTE] I think his hustle is contagious, there was one play last game where he dove for a loose ball, grabbed it while on the floor and tried to throw it up court, Jameer was going for it and both Pierce and Kg dove on the floor for it, three Celtics on the floor in one play, it has been a while scince i have seen that kind of hustle!!  You could just tell the whole team picked up their defense to try and match Bradleys.  Van Gundy said he had never had a team dominated on defense like the Magic were that game!!
    Posted by kyceltic[/QUOTE]

2007-8 season maybe... and then on a regular basis. I used to LOL in total amazement when I saw that sort of hustle.

And then KG would go completely nutz tugging/tearing at his jersey pointing to the CELTIC name.

Great stuff!!!

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

WHOA WHOA WHOA....I like Bradley and have never said anything bad about his game.  Im going to reserve full praise until this is done against Rose, CP3, Ellis, or some of the other top point gaurds out there.  Remember this was jameer nelson....not a top tier pg.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

Bradley is good, but it's not like he will never get the respect. He's a backup point guard, he has certainly earned more minutes. Good for him.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

We probably won't know Rondo's status until just before the game tomorrow but I would really like to see if Bradley could duplicate his defensive performance of Monday.  I'd really like to see how he responds to a more aggressive Jameer Nelson and Orlando Magic team.  If he plays with close to that defensive intensity, I think he should get alot of playing time.

When you have a guy like that he's got to be on the court against the other team's best players.  It's a waste having him defend Chris Duhon rather than Nelson.

If Rondo does return tomorrow, the FIRST time Nelson blows by him and Rondo attempts that unsuccessful swipe from behind, if I'm Doc I'd turn right and say "Avery, get in there for Rondo".

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Bradley isn't half the shooter of dumars and I don't think he ever will be.  Nor do I think he's big enough to defend the 2/3 guys.  I would tend to go more for a comparison like lindsey hunter.  Maybe over time mookie blaylock?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]We probably won't know Rondo's status until just before the game tomorrow but I would really like to see if Bradley could duplicate his defensive performance of Monday.  I'd really like to see how he responds to a more aggressive Jameer Nelson and Orlando Magic team.  If he plays with close to that defensive intensity, I think he should get alot of playing time. When you have a guy like that he's got to be on the court against the other team's best players.  It's a waste having him defend Chris Duhon rather than Nelson. If Rondo does return tomorrow, the FIRST time Nelson blows by him and Rondo attempts that unsuccessful swipe from behind, if I'm Doc I'd turn right and say " Avery, get in there for Rondo ".
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

Then you have Rondo sitting on the bench wondering why doc refuses to put their best player on the floor.

Unlikely senario but we can always hope.

Pud 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

I'm just glad the kid had a great game and is now getting some respect. I have not respected him enough nad he's proving me wrong. I hope his growth continues. Kudos to Danny and Doc for hanging in there with him when most of the fans wanting him cut or sent to D League. Keep it going, young fella!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Bradley will get his due when he develops his basketball skill / IQ.  He is a long way from a good NBA player but he did contribute a lot the other night. He should have stayed in college for the four years.  Danny as always did a good job with a late pick of a development project.  Avery does not fit well with a team in its last season because of age.  He is like Rondo , flawed but talented.  Neither can shoot but Rondo does see the court well. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

AB has played nearly half of his minutes this season in the past 3 games.

If Rondo isn't injured, AB is still sitting on the bench, averaging 5min/game mostly at garbage time or between quarters.

Pud

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

19. Overall Rondo is forcing opponents to a lower PPP (.68), a lower shooting percentage (33.9%) and a higher turnover rate (12.9%).

20. Bradley is slightly better in isolations. Bradley's opponents are shooting 27.3% while Rondo's are shooting 33%. Bradley forces a higher turnover rate (21.4% vs 13.3%) but he's also only faced half as many isolation situations as Rondo.

21. Defending the ballhandler in a pick and roll, Rondo forces an ever so slightly lower PPP (.84), which he does by forcing more turnovers (16.4%). Opponents are shooting better (45.3%) though, in those situations.

According to Synergy, Bradley's overall defensive numbers rank him 83rd in the league. Pretty good for a guy coming off the bench and forced into a couple of spot starts. But Rondo is ranked 36th overall.

http://redsarmy.com/

good on avery bradley for sticking with it and starting to come on as an nba player and a celtic. he deserves the buzz he's getting. but to sing his praises at rondo's expense says even more to me about the warped disdain this board has for rondo in general than it does about bradley's value.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

I agree with the sentiments that once the game slows down for him he will look better on offense and begin to develop in that way.

He's definitely worked his way into being an asset for this team.  In certain situations I'd like to see him on the floor with Rondo, picking up and pressing the other teams point guard on defense, spending the other teams PG's energy, taking 11-13 seconds of the clock and giving Rondo an opportunity to jump the passing lanes for steals and fast break points.  

His harassment of the other teams PG  when they're bringing the ball up floor and perimeter defense is becoming a weapon for the team's defense to take advantage of.  it's a good development in what has started off as a fractured early season.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

[QUOTE]Overall Rondo is forcing opponents to a lower PPP (.68), a lower shooting percentage (33.9%) and a higher turnover rate (12.9%). Bradley is slightly better in isolations. Bradley's opponents are shooting 27.3% while Rondo's are shooting 33%. Bradley forces a higher turnover rate (21.4% vs 13.3%) but he's also only faced half as many isolation situations as Rondo. Defending the ballhandler in a pick and roll, Rondo forces an ever so slightly lower PPP (.84), which he does by forcing more turnovers (16.4%). Opponents are shooting better (45.3%) though, in those situations. According to Synergy, Bradley's overall defensive numbers rank him 83rd in the league. Pretty good for a guy coming off the bench and forced into a couple of spot starts. But Rondo is ranked 36th overall.   http://redsarmy.com/ good on avery bradley for sticking with it and starting to come on as an nba player and a celtic. he deserves the buzz he's getting. but to sing his praises at rondo's expense says even more to me about the warped disdain this board has for rondo in general than it does about bradley's value.
    Posted by BaileyPowe[/QUOTE]
    Well don't put me into the people praising him at the expense of Rondo. Rondo is my favorite Celtic, besides Larry Bird.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet : Then you have Rondo sitting on the bench wondering why doc refuses to put their best player on the floor.   Unlikely senario but we can always hope. Pud 
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    Pud, I don't think that scenario is too far-fetched.  Sometimes your best players don't need to be on the court for the team to win.  Nobody would have thought the Celtics could win on Monday the way they did without 3 of their best players.

I am not so sure we know exactly what Dooling is, PG or SG.  So having a backup to Rondo (one who can in some way effect the game) makes having him on the court important.

I have NEVER seen Rondo play defense like that.  Not once did Nelson get past Bradley and thus put pressure on the "bigs" to step up.  Bradley played within himself and stayed in front of Nelson and harrassed him.  And that sparked the entire team defensively.  That's in huge contrast to Rondo frequently roaming or allowing a PG past him to break down our defense in the lane and dishing to get his players baskets at the rim.

The byproduct of Bradley's play is that only JON fouled out.  Without that defensive intensity, there is no telling how many more fouls KG and Bass would have committed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Im not sure that he makes Rond expendable after one great game... He still has much to learn, and no doubt has a group of veterans to help him along. But i'm glad to see some that were tearing him up, no praising him. It's great to hear that we can look at both sides of the coin. I was losing confidence in this team as well, but now feel much better about their ability to turn things around. I really like some of the youngster contributing. Having said that, its still a process, and i'm pretty sure there will be other set backs , as youngsters tend to make more mistakes as they learn the ropes. Those young legs and energy can keep our vets rested and ready for the playoffs..Who knows, by the trade dead line, what teams are willing to give up for some of that youth...??? I like the position  and direction of Celtics right now..

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jrmccook. Show jrmccook's posts

[QUOTE]Bradley isn't half the shooter of dumars and I don't think he ever will be.  Nor do I think he's big enough to defend the 2/3 guys.  I would tend to go more for a comparison like lindsey hunter.  Maybe over time mookie blaylock?
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]
    Dumars had 4 years of college. Bradley would be in his junior year. Dumars was 6'3, 195, bradley is also 6'3 180 with a 8'2 standing reach and a 37.5 inch vertical. He can guard bigger players because of his speed and standing reach. 
    Michael Jordan who was 6'6 once said that Joe Dumars was the toughest defender he faced during his career. 
    Dennis Johnson was 6'3 and would guard players much larger than him (magic johnson for example).
    I'm not saying bradley will be dumars, i'm saying that's his potential ceiling (best case scenario). He's young, lets not write him off to lindsay and mookie land yet.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bradley will never get his due respect,because energy usually doesn't show up on the stat sheet : Dumars had 4 years of college. Bradley would be in his junior year. Dumars was 6'3, 195, bradley is also 6'3 180 with a 8'2 standing reach and a 37.5 inch vertical. He can guard bigger players because of his speed and standing reach.  Michael Jordan who was 6'6 once said that Joe Dumars was the toughest defender he faced during his career.  Dennis Johnson was 6'3 and would guard players much larger than him (magic johnson for example). I'm not saying bradley will be dumars, i'm saying that's his potential ceiling (best case scenario). He's young, lets not write him off to lindsay and mookie land yet.
    Posted by jrmccook[/QUOTE]

DJ was a big 6-4.

• Sections
    Shortcuts