Bradley?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Bradley?

Could Avery Bradley be the most improved player in the NBA this season?

I am not sure if they have such an award, but this guy is now starting, scoring, playing great defense, limiting his turnovers, etc, etc.

And all from a guy who was basically useless all last season, and was written off by many on this forum as a wasted draft pick.

If nothing else, congrats to this young man for his season long progress and current contributions to the Celtics.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

Re: Bradley?

In Response to Bradley?:
    [QUOTE]Could Avery Bradley be the most improved player in the NBA this season? I am not sure if they have such an award, but this guy is now starting, scoring, playing great defense, limiting his turnovers, etc, etc. And all from a guy who was basically useless all last season, and was written off by many on this forum as a wasted draft pick. If nothing else, congrats to this young man for his season long progress and current contributions to the Celtics.
    Posted by charliedarling[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure if he would qualify for the NBA Most Improved Player award, but he would get my vote for the Celtics most improved.  He had a spectacular game today and is really coming into his own.  DA is a good if not great evaluator of talent.

As Always,

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Danny drafted on this kids "potential" and under good tutoring, he's realizing that potential.   The gamble worked, Danny!   

Yes, Bradley could be Most Improved.  I believe that Kevin Love won the award last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom2. Show proftom2's posts

I like watching the kid play. Seems like he's learning everyday.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I did a full mea culpa on Bradley already, so for tonight, just an acknowledgement he has been playing great and is a major reason why we are rounding into a really good team right now. This was a big win tonight, lowly Charlotte or not, this was i mportant. Well done guys!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

I have been more critical on Rondo than Bradley. Simply because, Bradley was just too inexperienced at the time. But I was also a supporter of Gerald Green, and we know how that turned out..This kid is for real. On the Three in the fourth, I thought i was looking a young Ray Allen. That's why the coaches know better that we do. They are there day in and day out. If the kid was doing it in practice, then it was just a matter of time before it transalted into the game. A complete player with a jump shot. But I have to say, as a pt guard, he in nowhere close to Rondo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley?:
    [QUOTE]I have been more critical on Rondo than Bradley. Simply because, Bradley was just too inexperienced at the time. But I was also a supporter of Gerald Green, and we know how that turned out.. This kid is for real . On the Three in the fourth, I thought i was looking a young Ray Allen. That's why the coaches know better that we do. They are there day in and day out. If the kid was doing it in practice, then it was just a matter of time before it transalted into the game. A complete player with a jump shot. But I have to say, as a pt guard, he in nowhere close to Rondo.
    Posted by Ortiz123[/QUOTE]

thats why we are lucky hes not a point guard.

:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

This threads about Bradley, and if his play as of late continues, there will be many more similar threads, but how about a quick hats off for those who selected him in the draft.
    We rag about Danny and Doc as is our right as fans, but that was some pick they made, eh?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

I remember posting sth like:
    "He is good but nervous like hell (which I hoped) or he is a total bust (which was much more likely)"

Seems like he was just nervous which affacted both, his shooting and his overall court vision. At the moment he plays better than I even hoped for in my wildest dreams, but:

1. He is still undersized for a 2,
    2. His ball handling is poor,
    3. The opponents has just started to scout him.

Like Kirk6 said, he has a great attitude on the floor. If he has the same in the pre-season and he improves in point 2 he might overcome point 3.
    Anyway, if you look at the draft danny and doc doesn't look that bad anymore, isn't it?

Sections
Shortcuts