Bradley's block on Wade

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Bradley's block on Wade

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade:
    for some perspective to the frothing masses, Kedrick Brown had an equally nasty block of Duncan around this time in his rookie/21 year old season in '03 hmmmmm
    Posted by rameakap

i guess the only difference is that kedrick had an nba body and the basketball brain of a blow up doll.   if kedrick could have done anything well at 6-7 and great athelticism he'd still be in the league.  avery has been a solid defender and only gettin better and now his offense is coming around some too.

please stop comparing apples to squashed cornnholes

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : i guess the only difference is that kedrick had an nba body and the basketball brain of a blow up doll.   if kedrick could have done anything well at 6-7 and great athelticism he'd still be in the league.  avery has been a solid defender and only gettin better and now his offense is coming around some too. please stop comparing apples to squashed cornnholes
    Posted by aciemvp

remember when phoenix said it could be 'either' Kedrick or Joe Johnson included in that trade for Delk/Rodgers and Wallace asked Obie his opinion and Obie said 'send 'em JJ'?

yikes

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : I lived in Atlanta and had season tickets to the Hawks games with Pete Maravich and Doc Rivers. I still remember Hondo covering Maravich...
    Posted by Kirk6

yes but if you 'remember' the Russell Celtics... but 'were not a fan' of the green till bird... well.... my envy is obvious but my confusion almost equally so

I guess I can say I 'remember' Boggs and Rice, but was not a fan of the Sox till Mo Vaughn and the '95 division winner

but thats cuz a 7 year old kid can follow the sport of basketball a lot easier than baseball, took me till age 11-12 to really understand and enjoy the 3 hour baseball experience

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

That block and Bradleys D in general were awsome!!!!!! You see Wade taking to him afterward, AB has arrived, DWade knows who is  and he sripped the Frozen One. Avery didn't back down from DWade or the Frozen One either he's not star struck by who he's playing he's been playing his way.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from videoburns. Show videoburns's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : I saw Russell's last game against Wilt. But I only became a Boston fan when Bird came. But Mike Gorman is the reason I stayed a Boston fan. He is the best announcer in the league.
    Posted by Kirk6

1976  I was visiting Boston for the first time..  Walked up to the ticket window 10 minutes before gametime and got a seat in the first balcony for $2.50(i think, does anyone else recall the ticket prices back then?)   and saw Havelicek, Jo Jo White and Dave Cowens ...   The old Boston Garden was an amazing place to see a basketball game in..   14 thousand but stacked close, steep and high around the court...  not like todays spread out venues...            Two years later I moved to Boston... spent many more nights in the Garden and  have been a celtics fan ever since...     Although these days ...   with $90 + for decend seats  I don't get to many games anymore.    These ticket prices suck!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : 1976  I was visiting Boston for the first time..  Walked up to the ticket window 10 minutes before gametime and got a seat in the first balcony for $2.50(i think, does anyone else recall the ticket prices back then?)   and saw Havelicek, Jo Jo White and Dave Cowens ...   The old Boston Garden was an amazing place to see a basketball game in..   14 thousand but stacked close, steep and high around the court...  not like todays spread out venues...            Two years later I moved to Boston... spent many more nights in the Garden and  have been a celtics fan ever since...     Although these days ...   with $90 + for decend seats  I don't get to many games anymore.    These ticket prices suck!
    Posted by videoburns

15,320 packed the Garden... been a Celtics fan since 1966 and one of my greatest sports regrets was never getting to Boston Garden.. Being from NJ, I settled for the usual Sunday afternoon game on ABC TV and was able to listen to most of their games on WBZ with Johnny Most..(even tho it was tough to get a good signal)  and always checked the box scores each morning...is how I remember attendance always being 15,320 ( Im fairly sure)

As a side note, Johnny Most was a great homer but frustrating to listen to at times...cause it always sounded like the Celts were getting ripped off by the refs..The first time I watched a Celt game on TV, I turned off the volume and listened to Most call the game instead.  I thought he was calling a different game LOL.. A real homer but man he was a great listen...Stop...Pop... BANG!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

AB's block on Wade was just ok... he got it just as it left his hand, not like he was a foot above Wade swatting it...  However, when the ball was smashed back into Wade and sent him flying on his back to the floor.... it elevated AB's block to new heights...LOL

It was a moment of humiliation to Wade imo... that this young kid took sent his shot and himself flying on national TV.. Sweeet!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : 15,320 packed the Garden... been a Celtics fan since 1966 and one of my greatest sports regrets was never getting to Boston Garden.. Being from NJ, I settled for the usual Sunday afternoon game on ABC TV and was able to listen to most of their games on WBZ with Johnny Most..(even tho it was tough to get a good signal)  and always checked the box scores each morning...is how I remember attendance always being 15,320 ( Im fairly sure) As a side note, Johnny Most was a great homer but frustrating to listen to at times...cause it always sounded like the Celts were getting ripped off by the refs..The first time I watched a Celt game on TV, I turned off the volume and listened to Most call the game instead.  I thought he was calling a different game LOL.. A real homer but man he was a great listen...Stop...Pop... BANG!!!
    Posted by Karllost

YOur signal was strong compared to what we got in the Deep South listening to the game on the car radio in the dark... fading in and out.... in and out... in and out... but mostly out!

I had a lot of time on my hands fiddling prayerfully with the tuning knob, the mind numbing static, the intruding C&W music interference.... and guessing/filling in the blanks wondering what was happening on court.

And the score is.......?????????.........????????........!!!!!!!!! 

(What'd Johnny say?)

Frequently had to wait to see the paper the next day to find out.

A LONG wait.

Pud

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : YOur signal was strong compared to what we got in the Deep South listening to the game on the car radio in the dark... fading in and out.... in and out... in and out... but mostly out! I had a lot of time on my hands fiddling prayerfully with the tuning knob, the mind numbing static, the intruding C&W music interference.... and guessing/filling in the blanks wondering what was happening on court. And the score is.......?????????.........????????........!!!!!!!!!  (What'd Johnny say?) Frequently had to wait to see the paper the next day to find out. A LONG wait. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

I imagine so but dont feel too lonely... I had alot of that static too. Laying on my dads bed trying to find that right spot on the dial.. a tenth of an inch up, no down.. could never quite get it and leave it there. Always on the move. But at least was good enough to hear Johnny call the game and generate acid in my stomach how the Celts were always getting screwed.. Maybe you had it better off from that perspective LOL

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

At the beginning of the season, I thought Bradley would be lucky to overtake E'twuan Moore for PT.  Moore looked more polished and Bradley looked to be a 2 in a 1's body.  Bradley has proved that playing time and confidence is all he needed.  He looks to be a legit combo guard and to be called the best perimeter defender in the NBA after what in reality is his rookie season is amazing.  He has come a long way in a short time, and he will only get better.  Question is, will he be here long term or is he a trade chip now?  

Plays like that one on Wade are infectious too.       

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

As a true Celtics fan since 1959 and living far away from Boston, imagine my happiness when my family moved here in '62.  It was then that I began going to Celtics games and listening/scoring the games from Johnny Most's crazy descriptions on the radio. In those days, the Bruins were the big draw in Boston and the Celtics rarely achieved the 13,909 they later would. Tickets were cheap and easy to get, and once in, one could not so stealthily move down to the better seats, sometimes almost to the floor.  All this while they were winning championships! I saw nearly every game Bird played (TV or live, when I could) and always felt fortunate knowing that I was watching something/someone very special.  Everyone freely admits that there's no Larry Bird on the current team, but as a team, this one is enjoyable to watch and support. Yes, they need a legit, dominating center, but many championships have been won without one - Chicago anyone?  One game doesn't a seson make, nor does one blocked shot throw some kind of magic switch that will ensure another finals appearance. But, like most things in life, success is built on confidence, and yesterday's game provided a significant confidence boost.  With a stifling defense and a go-go point, this team may surprise even the most negative detractors.  

Let's neither get ahead of ourselves nor too doom-and-gloom-ish but relish wins like this as a testament to the team's heart and abilities. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

Bradley is not just a defensive player anymore.  Bradley starting for Ray also helped Pierce, Pierce is averaging more than 20 ppg in the last 10 games. The Celts offense is more dynamic with Bradley at SG. And the Celts only have 2 old men on the court if Bass, Rondo, and Bradley are playing with Pierce and KG.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Exactly!! In the past, we were excited to have his defense, and Tommy drilled us with how great his defense was. Now..we are getting a bonus. ANY points from AB were to be considered bonus points we were told! Well...now we are expecting both and it feels great! Sometimes, injuries work to your advantage, and this is certainly one of those times. There is NO way Doc can ignore what this team has done with AB starting. With the added bonus of above average offense now, there is NO WAY you can take him out of the starting position. Their record speaks for itself. Time for RA to step up and hold a meeting with Doc and CPP stating that for the good of the team, he wants to back up AB. There is no disgrace in doing what is in the best interest for the team. PLease don't misunderstand me: RA is still one of the most important pieces to this puzzle, but Doc needs to use the rest of this season to figure out just how to most effectively use Ray's minutes while assuring AB gets 30+ 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In Response to Re: Bradley's block on Wade : YOur signal was strong compared to what we got in the Deep South listening to the game on the car radio in the dark... fading in and out.... in and out... in and out... but mostly out! I had a lot of time on my hands fiddling prayerfully with the tuning knob, the mind numbing static, the intruding C&W music interference.... and guessing/filling in the blanks wondering what was happening on court. And the score is.......?????????.........????????........!!!!!!!!!  (What'd Johnny say?) Frequently had to wait to see the paper the next day to find out. A LONG wait. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

My dad was in the car with me most nights. You just brought back the best memories of my life!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

FAB block on Durty wade the arm breaker.
    nice to C him on his deriere wondering what xactly got him there..

call it pay back

Guess I joined the AB brigade

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Funniest part was watching Wade initially cry foul.  Nothing foul at all about that play, and Miami scored a 3 off it.

Typical Celtic luck.  Best block of the season leads to 3 free ones.

Bradley's a legit athlete.  Sweltering defender, decent perimeter shooter, ridiculous speed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Great block, didn't see it live. That was a nasty block.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34gviEcQCOA

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

After looking at the block a few more times on the highlights, it looked like Wade was completely surprised and a little peeved that he got rejected by Mr. Bradley.  I'll vote it the nasty, throw-back block of the year!

As Always,

Sections
Shortcuts