Brandon Bass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Brandon Bass

what a great acquisition....and Rondo is looking great!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Re: Brandon Bass

Bass was most impressive today off the bench.

Points (20) and rebounds (11 TOT, 5 OREB) too.

Couldn't have asked for more from him.

Pud

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

If we just had one play to run for Bass during the fourth quarter, well I guess Doc was too busy showing Avery Bradlely how to change the direction of the game in favour of the Nicks.   Rondo gets his points off of strange things during the game, but at the end he had a very hard time.  Neither point guard played defense in the first 20 minutes of the game.  Brandon Bass needs to plaly 35 to 40 minutes and some of that time in the place of KG.   Looks like a 0 - 2 start  Hurrry Paul

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass:
    If we just had one play to run for Bass during the fourth quarter, well I guess Doc was too busy showing Avery Bradlely how to change the direction of the game in favour of the Nicks.   Rondo gets his points off of strange things during the game, but at the end he had a very hard time.  Neither point guard played defense in the first 20 minutes of the game.  Brandon Bass needs to plaly 35 to 40 minutes and some of that time in the place of KG.   Looks like a 0 - 2 start  Hurrry Paul
    Posted by maryngary

I have to agree with most posters on this board that Bradley ruined the flow in the 2nd half. All of the chemistry seemed to disappear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Brandon is a beast,  He can shoot, dunk and rebound.  What a great trade  sorry BBD but Bass is no joke.  We need to play Twan instead of bradley and see what happens cause Averyis horrible.  we may need to trade Pavlovic eventually i think.  I hope dooling steps up his game cause he does not look like a true PG at all i did not see any playmaking.  I cant wait for Pietrus to play off the bench.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bass was fouled badly at the end of the game. If called we win that game.  It was a mugging it was so bad. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Posted by maryngary

are the Heat superhuman? are we so weak we cant beat them?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : I have to agree with most posters on this board that Bradley ruined the flow in the 2nd half. All of the chemistry seemed to disappear.
    Posted by calvinator

I also agree that unless he improves he doesn't deserve to get much playing time on this team. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Brandon Bass:
    what a great acquisition....and Rondo is looking great!!
    Posted by Duke4

Agree that Bass had a great game.  It definitely appears that he will turn out to be a good acquisition for the Celtics. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lhtak. Show lhtak's posts

Bass and Pietrus are going to be great for the Celtics this year. I loved Bass energy today.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Always liked Pietrus. Hope he is healthy to play. Bass has all ways had great potential in this league. These 2 guys will be the key this year. Keep your seat belts on this year it's going to be a roller coaster ride.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : are the Heat superhuman? are we so weak we cant beat them?
    Posted by JamezHill24

yes & yes. James and Wade make a lot of money for this league. They will be repayed with superhuman status. That's how it works. This isn't a sport, it's a business. It's pathetic & sad, I know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : yes & yes. James and Wade make a lot of money for this league. They will be repayed with superhuman status. That's how it works. This isn't a sport, it's a business. It's pathetic & sad, I know.
    Posted by DrBoogiebone

Good post.  Superstars get superstar calls!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

WHY IS EVERYONE GIVING UP ON AVERY BRADLEY SO QUICKLY ?

How about giving the guy 20 games in the rotation before making a judgement on his NBA ability ?

For years people complained that Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson were traded before they had a chance to grow up as NBA players...

Now you want to dump Avery Bradley after the season opener ?

I think it's great he was in the mix today.

Should we dump the rookies too because they combined for less than a minute of playing time ?

Last time Avery Bradley played against the Knicks he had 20 points...

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Bradley did look weak out there today , but you got to give him ten or twenty games at least...he got nothing last year until the season finale against the Knicks when he scored 20 points....

Just stop begging for Robin Lopez !

Overpay for Martin Gortat even if the Clippers pick is involved...
    That's if you really need a 7 footer...and do you really ? Every other team needs one too....why not keep J'ON unless you could steal Gortat from the cash poor Suns...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

If you can swap out Wilcox, Johnson, Avery and bring in an upgraded good C then our bench of Dooling-Marquis-Pietrus and that upgrade would be the best bench in the league.

Not sold on Dooling or Wilcox yet. Quis and Bass looked great.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : That's because those superstars from the Heat don't settle for outside jumpers all the time.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You sound like a guy who doesn't like his team.

Celts will get those calls at home.  The foul on Carmelo had nothing to do with the Heat going to the basket.  That call was just a bad Joey Crawford call.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

Comparison against Billups and Joe Johnson is not a good one.  First, hardly anyone gave up on them, at least not the fan and people who followed the team closedly.  Billups was playing adaquately well and he was traded for one of the better PG in the game at the time, but there was no question that Billups showed some promise and everyone knew it could be a big mistake, same thing for Joe Johnson.  At this point, we can't even give away Bradley if we try, that is how bad he is.  The only reason he still gets the benefit of a doubt is because he has a gauranteed contract.  For me, he needs to show more to deserve more slack, many that have shown more than him were let go a lot quicker the last few years.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

If you can swap out Wilcox, Johnson, Avery and bring in an upgraded good C then our bench of Dooling-Marquis-Pietrus and that upgrade would be the best bench in the league. Not sold on Dooling or Wilcox yet. Quis and Bass looked great.
    Posted by rameakap

Wilcox wasn't bad to me.  He gave a little bit of energy.  Quis didn't show me much today, however.  He was abused by Carmelo.  Of course, Melo does that to a lot of people but since Quis gave no offense, that matchup was truly lopsided today.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

2 of the fouls on 'Quis were jokes. He played good D. He was constantly right in Melo's face and pushing him out to the 3 pt line only Melo was just dropping great contested shots.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

2 of the fouls on 'Quis were jokes. He played good D. He was constantly right in Melo's face and pushing him out to the 3 pt line only Melo was just dropping great contested shots.
    Posted by rameakap

I'm not sold on Dooling yet, either.  Sasha was awful, but Quis takes a few too many chances for me!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

And both 3 pointers at the end by Melo was on a pick high beyond the 3 point line.  There was really no way Quis could have done more to defend that play.  Celt's big man on the play have got to come over and prevent Melo from having a good look at the 3s.

Sections
Shortcuts