Brandon Bass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Re: Brandon Bass

One of DA's better acquisitions....good game BB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

WE CAN NOT AFFORD TO TRAIN BRADLEY THIS YEAR, WE ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY 4 AGAINST 5.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

I told you guys about Bass.  I have been watching him too long.  He won't play like that every game but he is a good bench player.  Always has been.  he can do a lot of things baby can't. I bet baby would have gotten stuffed 3 times last nite on shots BB made in close. His jumper isn't nearly as ugly as Baby;s either

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Bradley is way more athletic than Moore but worthless on the court. I think MOore is the key to give Rondo some breathing time. Moore can handle pressure. Bradley still thinks he is at the Mcdonalds All American..he is just lost... This first game was not about Quis, Quis played great! the guy has some serious IQ.. Doc just needs to find a stable backup for Rondo, thats it and we should be fine..

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

One thing so refreshing for me to see was Bass finishing underneath by jammin it through the hoop. We've gotten so used to seeing our bigs go up and have their shots blocked..KG, JO, BBD, Perk ...you name it, they all get swatted.

Bass goes up and brings it down hard. Gotta love it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from slakrking. Show slakrking's posts

Glen who? .... if that sample yesterday is any indication of Bass .... My new favorite Celt!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

It would be unfair to expect Bass to continue contributing like he did yesterday.. that was just a monster game. Maybe if we played the Knicks every night..

Just hopin he can do anything near it... 10-15 pts and 5-10 rebs would be great ...grabbing offensive boards and finishing strong underneath... man, have we missed seeing stuff like that around here.

Great pick-up after one game at least.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : Wilcox wasn't bad to me.  He gave a little bit of energy.  Quis didn't show me much today, however.  He was abused by Carmelo.  Of course, Melo does that to a lot of people but since Quis gave no offense, that matchup was truly lopsided today.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

Yup, Wilcox hustled...other than that pass to the Knicks, I liked him. Quis couldnt do much to stop Melo...at least he contributed in other areas but not nearly enough to put a dent in Melo's game.  Sasha musta got coal in his stocking yesterday morning, wasnt in a mood to play basketball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]WHY IS EVERYONE GIVING UP ON AVERY BRADLEY SO QUICKLY ? How about giving the guy 20 games in the rotation before making a judgement on his NBA ability ? For years people complained that Chauncey Billups and Joe Johnson were traded before they had a chance to grow up as NBA players... Now you want to dump Avery Bradley after the season opener ? I think it's great he was in the mix today. Should we dump the rookies too because they combined for less than a minute of playing time ? Last time Avery Bradley played against the Knicks he had 20 points...
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

You cannot even mention Avery Bradley in the same breath as Joe Johnson and Chauncey Billups;  both were established players coming out of college and actually cracked the "starting rotation" on those Celtics teams.  

People say Avery is s street ballers who happens to play defense,  NO.   Allen Iverson was a street baller;  Avery looks totally losed on the court and you can see he needs more seasoning. The thing that scares me about Avery is his decision making and to date, he reminds me of Marcus Banks, minus the speed. 
    You can see that in ETwan Moore, has a look about him, poised, confident  

I have no problem with giving him rotation time right now,  the Celtics have to find out what they got (he was our first round pick) in terms of value.  But they may have gotten this one wrong.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

[QUOTE]One thing so refreshing for me to see was Bass finishing underneath by jammin it through the hoop. We've gotten so used to seeing our bigs go up and have their shots blocked..KG, JO, BBD, Perk ...you name it, they all get swatted. Bass goes up and brings it down hard. Gotta love it.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Agreed;   I was very frustrated that when KG had the switch with Toney Douglas, he did not do more with the ball (like get to the foul line). 

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts