Brandon Bass

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Brandon Bass

Whats the deal with his play? It's been basically mediocre at best in ATL and the 1st game of this series and if anyone paying attention knows if his shot isn't falling he's a liability on D and to the team overall. He got a good 5 shots in his sweet spot the other night and bricked them all. He hasn't got hot in any game and they are going to need him if they play on doing any real damage with Ray and Paul nicked up. I guess this falls in line with Pietrus too. They aren't getting other people to contribute. It's funny he signifigantly outplayed Baby in the regular season and it's backwards in the post season for the most part 0_0

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Re: Brandon Bass

Bass is probably just worn out after playing very series against Atlanta, and now he was shocked that he is getting alot of wide open shots against the Philly where he probably have not seen that in seven games against Atlanta.

I guess the over-confidence played factor on Bass.  He should be able to make these shots tonite!!

I

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jonrob777. Show jonrob777's posts

In response to "Re: Brandon Bass":
    Bass is probably just worn out after playing very series against Atlanta, and now he was shocked that he is getting alot of wide open shots against the Philly where he probably have not seen that in seven games against Atlanta. I guess the over-confidence played factor on Bass.  He should be able to make these shots tonite!! I Posted by GoUconn13
    How could he be tired? He is an young player not KG or RA. He missed a lot of open shots tonite. Why Doc didn't sub him? With 4 to go game tied. Hope Celt's win the game.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Total trash gain. 50% of this loss is on Bass. Dude has been trash. Every shot they get him is wide open and he bricks. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass:
    Total trash gain. 50% of this loss is on Bass. Dude has been trash. Every shot they get him is wide open and he bricks. 
    Posted by tompenny

As you say the shots are wide open.  This guy must have stage fright.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Bass is probably just worn out after playing very series against Atlanta, and now he was shocked that he is getting alot of wide open shots against the Philly where he probably have not seen that in seven games against Atlanta. I guess the over-confidence played factor on Bass.  He should be able to make these shots tonite!! I
    Posted by GoUconn13

oh for cripe sakes.  WORN OUT?  he played CRAP ball against ATL and had plenty of open shots against them too.  difference was he was still hitting in the 30%'s on LESS shots taken because he was feeling bashful or something. 

tonight he tried to shoot the ball more.  same results.  hit 3, miss 7 and that's a wrap for the night, very few people recover from that.  5 rebounds, again. 

i thought this guy was a great athlete?  how could he be tired? 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : As you say the shots are wide open.  This guy must have stage fright.
    Posted by concord27

it's horribly obvious he does.  many people refuse to realize that his regular season numbers were merely medicore at best.  in 32 minutes he was 12 and 6.  that's not knock 'em dead ball.  add in the balky defense and you have a player who needs to at least hold even with what he did in the regular season.

to crappe the pants at the extreme way he has in the post season vs. regular season is alarming.  shocking.  awful to see.  makes you wonder what we signed up for for three or four more years.  everyone shatt upon glen davis saying he was not a "player for a contending team" or whatever, except he was.  so far bass has shown in a rather loud manner that he has no idea what he's doing.

and that's kind of shocking to me given that he had a breakout year on a GOOD team in dallas and also played extenisvely last year in ORL, another GOOD team.  this is NOT his first good team.  but take a look at his per minute production.  it was never higher than his break out year five years ago in DAL as far as per minute efficiency on points and rebounds.  FG and FT% have been more or less the same throughout. 

but why would a promising young player not have improved on per minutes points or rebounds as the years roll on?  bass hasn't.  i'll admit i never realized that until half way through this season when i started looking at his numbers, and then his past numbers to see what was going on.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Stop whining ... Bass is still playing and your boy Baby has gone fishing. Get over it!
    Posted by Mployee8

Ya Know...you are absolutely correct that Big Baby lovers should get over it because he ain't coming to rescue us !!! BUT, our jump shooting team really needed someone other than Rondo to drive to the basket. Bass does not & Big Baby was fearless & , could shoot from 10-15 ft out like Bass, but when covered, he'd fake & drive to the basket & except for a Bynum or Howard, he could muscle the ball in or get fouled. I too am missing Big Baby...Amen !!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Stop whining ... Bass is still playing and your boy Baby has gone fishing. Get over it!
    Posted by Mployee8

you, my pea brained friend, are the only one talking about glen davis. 

i am talking about our current starting 4.

maybe you should get over that.  or are you going to keep blaming davis for bass stinking up the joint a la democrats who belive george bush ruined oh bomma's first term? 

c'mon, take some fish oil caplets and join the living you sub mental

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Bass : If you saw the game you saw Bass take it to the rim and get fouled over and over w/o getting to the free throw line ... Doc was livid!
    Posted by Mployee8

yah.  i did see the game.  i saw bass go in ONLY ABOUT THRICE with weak crap that got clubbed out by hawes, lavoy or brand.  other than that, brandon was busy clanking jumpers all night.  steady diet of them.  once he was 3-9 was when most players stop and do something different, like go into the low post and try to grind out two points the hard way.

unfortunately, bass lacks any back to the basket moves.  so there goes that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Bass looks scared out there.  

He really needs to bring something to the table.  If he isn't making the little jump shot or driving hard and making dunks he brings next to nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts