Brandon Jennings for Rondo?

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CAPITALIST_AVENGER. Show CAPITALIST_AVENGER's posts

Re: Brandon Jennings for Rondo?

fierce, give it a rest.. rr is the man, u only trade him for a young PG who has handled the level of pressure boston brings. like a J-LIN!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In Response to Re: Brandon Jennings for Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Jennings for Rondo? : Celts get Jennings and Kaman Bucks get Rondo Hornets get JO, Delfino, other players from Bucks or Celts, and a draft pick
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE

With other posters I agree that Jennings for Rondo does not solve our big man problem but a package deal as you suggest that involves Kaman would be a win-win for us as Jennings  replaces the PG loss and I believe he aves about 15 points per game so would be a wash with Rondo's loss. 

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Jennings averages less assists than Paul Pierce about 3 a game. At best he's half the point guard Rondo is. Stupid
    Posted by darrylfries[/QUOTE]

We are not interested in simply trading PGs here...The key is to get the big man, Kaman.  Jennings can be a bandaid added to living with Ray Allen, Bradly, Dooling, Moore and guard-forwards, Daniels, Pavlovic & Pietrus until we can draft a PG.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Jennings for Rondo? : The key is to get the big man, Kaman .  Jennings can be a bandaid added to living with Ray Allen, Bradly, Dooling, Moore and guard-forwards, Daniels, Pavlovic & Pietrus until we can draft a PG.
    Posted by mandobello[/QUOTE]
    The problem is Rondo has considerably more value than Jennings. What else do we get in the trade?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why the world the Celtics wanted to trade Rondo for Jennings?  The Celtics can just wait after the season is over, and then try to sign Jennings where he can play at the #2 spot.  Allen can be the back up player.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

[QUOTE]Why the world the Celtics wanted to trade Rondo for Jennings?  The Celtics can just wait after the season is over, and then try to sign Jennings where he can play at the #2 spot.  Allen can be the back up player.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]
    Jennings is barely six feet, he can't play the two.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brandon Jennings for Rondo? : The problem is Rondo has considerably more value than Jennings. What else do we get in the trade?
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Did you read the rest of my post: We are not interested in simply trading PGs here...The key is to get the big man, Kaman.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]Why the world the Celtics wanted to trade Rondo for Jennings?  The Celtics can just wait after the season is over, and then try to sign Jennings where he can play at the #2 spot.  Allen can be the back up player.
    Posted by GoUconn13[/QUOTE]

Did you read the rest of my post: We are not interested in simply trading PGs here...The key is to get the big man, Kaman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Are you all understanding I'm not looking to shop Rondo for a PG. If I were it wouldn't be for Nash but a straight up for Paul, Rose, Deron Williams, Monta Ellis and maybe even Lin.

PS... I live in SF Bay area and attend GS games. They hate Lakers as much as we do. In sports bars, GS fans root for Boston vs. LA.  Heck, even our old friend, Nate Robinson, at 5'9" is playing well and I'd be happy with him for a year or so coming off the bench. He's a very good 3 pt shooter. 

BUT OUR MAIN OBJECTIVE IS TO FIND A  BIG MAN and unless someone takes Ray Allen, we need trade Rondo to achieve this !!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

There are teams that have small backcourt players such as San Antonio, LA Clippers, etc are capable to help the team to have a good year!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

I`m assuming that the guy who equated Jennings to Jojo White never saw Jojo play.White was better than Jennings in every respect AND he was 3 inches taller

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Brandon Jennings for Rondo?:
    [QUOTE]Brandon Jennings said he won't sign an extension with the Bucks and he wants to play for a big-market team. http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/sam_amick/02/14/sacramento.kings.notebook/index.html?sct=nba_t2_a18
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

He had a game with 55 points as a rookie where he went 7 of 8 from 3 point land... the Cs and the re tards on this board would never want that, they need a pass-first point guard that cannot score who pounds the ball into the floor, stagnating the offense, running down the shot clock so that he can get an assist, cannot be on the floor in crunch time, etc.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

not advocating trading rondo, but lets not forget jennings just turned 22 in sep.  When hes 25 I bet he will compare pretty well to rondo as far as value.  Different players as jennings is more of a scorer but he can penetrate and is very quick, and would prob have more assists if he had better players around him that demanded the ball.  Jennings cannot play shooting guard btw. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Jennings is no Bob Cousy, but he's similar to Jo Jo White.

He's not even close to a Jo Jo White who could play D, shoot the short jumper, and handle the rock.  Jennings canhandle the rock but his shooting is too "off and on" and he certainly isn't big enough to play D on anyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sev133. Show Sev133's posts

oh and Jennings doesn't average 3 assists a game, like someone stated....he averages 5.3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]not advocating trading rondo, but lets not forget jennings just turned 22 in sep.  When hes 25 I bet he will compare pretty well to rondo as far as value.  Different players as jennings is more of a scorer but he can penetrate and is very quick, and would prob have more assists if he had better players around him that demanded the ball.  Jennings cannot play shooting guard btw. 
    Posted by Sev133[/QUOTE]

The problem here is that most posters believe Rondo is 19 and will keep getting better and better even though we have 6 years of evidence that show us that when he is injured his team plays better and that he has a huge negative impact on his team's overall offensive flow, that his defense is vastly overrated, and that he is a diva that routinely pouts and takes games off.... what kind of a surprise was it that he took a few games off after finding out that he will never be an all-star again and how odd was it that he was able to turn it on against da Bulls when Rose was absent......  what a joke.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]Brandon Jennings is no Bob Cousy, but he's similar to Jo Jo White.

Even you should know better!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]I`m assuming that the guy who equated Jennings to Jojo White never saw Jojo play.White was better than Jennings in every respect AND he was 3 inches taller
    Posted by jrleftfoot[/QUOTE]

excuse fierce, he doesnt know what hes talking about..

he might not have been old enough to watch Jojo White, and neither am i, but i do my research and know the kind of player he was.

no comparison.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts