Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Re: Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs

just saw this...YESSSS!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Sorry, nothing about that anywhere on the link provided or the web in general. Would be great tho.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

ESPN Boston is reporting Perk is playing tonight. Sometimes I make some good points. I said a few days ago Perk should play now if he is able to in practice. In baseball, some guys need to get in some games in the minors before coming back. Some of them simply return to real games. I hope this report is true. It's the right decision. If Perk is now allowed to go all out in practice, he might as well do his thing on the big stage. It comes down to the Iverson Principle. You're talking about practice? :D

Forsberg: Kendrick Perkins To Return Tonight Vs. Cavs

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Perk will screw up Semih's developement.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

http://www.csnne.com/01/25/11/Perkins-will-play-tonight-for-Celtics/landing_celtics.html?blockID=397743&feedID=3945

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Welcome back Big Perk!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs:
    [QUOTE]Perk will screw up Semih's developement.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Both O'Neals are out, you want Semih to play all 48 minutes?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheCelticsBig3. Show TheCelticsBig3's posts

This is great news and PERFECT timing with Shaq roughed up, Jermaine out an extended time, we needed this. I just hope he isn't rushing back. It's going to be awesome having our regular starting lineup back!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oleme. Show oleme's posts

Then you woke up!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

I would agree with you Dudder on that one if Semih was at full strength. You're biased in that you don't like Perk's game. Erden will still see plenty of minutes with Shaq out and Perk just getting back. Or maybe you'd like to see more Big Baby at the center spot?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Dudder=CHEisCHE????

Well, I still feel SHAQ should start when healthy, but I guess this is a way to get Perk in the starting unit w/o in contraversy since SHAQ is hurt.  No heavy minutes tonight.  A few minutes and then to the bench.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

Perk looks lean and mean and ready to go. I just hope Doc doesn't end up regreting the decision to play him earlier than originally scheduled.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Will play, not start. Good news all the same!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Should be a boost to the rest of the team just to have him suited up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Stupid, Che is not Dudder, I repeat Che is Asian.
    理解していますか?

You and I saw the best of Perk 3 years ago.
    This team needs a future young player. Celtics will impede the development
    of a young, hard working, good demeanor, big body like Semih. Semih is the future not Perk.
    Trade Perk.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

First off Che, Semih isn't going to play 48 minutes tonight or any other night.

Second, if Perk returning will somehow slow Semih's development, then "OH WELL".  Perk is key to this team especially with the issues the O'Neals are having.  It's more important to this team to get Perk ready for the playoffs than Semih so if you think Semih's development is going to take a back seat, then "Semih, get in the back seat".

I don't understand why you think that anyway.  Semih is starting and will log the majority of minutes with the first unit -- unless he gets into foul trouble.  Perk needs to get some court time and tonight will be a great first step for him.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

Che in all seriousness...give me a break.  You seem like you know a little about basketball.  Even if you don't like Perk don't you recognize that this team needs more bigs?  JON has been hurt all year and Shaq has missed about 12 games.  

If you don't get the need for another big on the roster then I don't even know what to say.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]Stupid, Che is not Dudder, I repeat Che is Asian. 理解していますか? You and I saw the best of Perk 3 years ago. This team needs a future young player. Celtics will impede the development of a young, hard working, good demeanor, big body like Semih. Semih is the future not Perk. Trade Perk.

yep, lets trade one of the best defensive big men in the game and keep a relatively unproven rookie. do you think?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

i dont understand why people get down on perk bc he isnt the best offensive big..we are a DEFENSIVE team anyways..every single starter on our team can lock down on defense, so why not build the franchise around two of the best at their position on defense (perk and rondo).

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nice to see Perk back!

Gave some solid mins. First game back from a major knee injury and he was the same player or better than JON was in all but like 3 of his 18 games this year.

16 mins, 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 0 blocks for Perk.

Jermaine averaged 18 mins, 5.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists and 1.2 blocks

Take away 1.5 assists and add 1.5 blocks and 6 mins to Perk's stats tonight and those #'s are what we were paying Jermaine 5.7 million for.

Perk makes 4.2 million and I KNOW he'll make WAY more of an impact in the next 60-65 games than JON did the first 43.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

DUDDER can vomit his trash on this board and make his shameful racist statements about Perk that the mod's had to erase. Everyone knows his worthless reputation as an ignorant hater.

Bottom line is we have a very good center back for the stretch run to hopefully share the spot with a healthy Shaq as we raise banner 18!

Go Celtics!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Perk will definitely hekp the Celts much more than Semi can. Just so many were thinking of Perk as a star during his layoff.

He played real good tonight... nothing spectacular but just about what we need from him. When Shaq gets healthy, we're gonna be tough to beat...add DWest and we're unbeatable in the playoffs imo

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Rame - does Perk play with the second unit, or start?  I think keep him as a defensive anchor on the second team, especially since we don't know day to day about Shaq!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Rame - does Perk play with the second unit, or start?  I think keep him as a defensive anchor on the second team, especially since we don't know day to day about Shaq!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Agree.

If Shaq is healthy I would start him... but just for like the first 4 mins so he can have fun playing with his all-star buddies. That is the freshest Shaq will be... the opening mins of the game... and I think the big fella still has an aura about him where he'll get some monster dunks, rev up the home crowd or silence the road crowd and make the opposition hang their heads early.

He joined this team to play with 3 future HOFers and the best PG he ever had. Those 5 can get us a good quick lead w/ Shaq playing his hardest. Then Shaq knows he goes to the bench for a real long breather only to return for similar small stints in each of the other quarters and a lot of time dominating other teams 2nd unit C's where he'll get more calls and his age won't be as exposed.

That is 16-18 mins. Up this to 20-22 for the playoffs and 24-26 if we are playing LA in the finals where we know he'll be turning the clock back.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Perk can play his 16-18 mins for the next week or two while Semih plays 20-24 nad Baby gets 8-10 mins at the 5.

when both Perk and Shaq are healthy for the rest of this regular season I say Perk gets 24-26 mins, Shaq 16-18 and big baby 4-8 mins at Center.

The Baby-KG duo should end all close games b/c of FT shooting/outside shooting etc.

During most if not all back to backs for the rest of the year Shaq (mostly) or Perk (1-2x) should sit one of the two games. That means you up the mins of the other guy and let Semih long the kind of mins he has this week.

Sections
Shortcuts