Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs

In Response to Re: Breaking News: Kendrick Perkins to start vs Cavs:
    [QUOTE]Perk will screw up Semih's developement.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

another stupid post on a Perk hater.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]Nice to see Perk back! Gave some solid mins. First game back from a major knee injury and he was the same player or better than JON was in all but like 3 of his 18 games this year. 16 mins, 7 points, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 0 blocks for Perk. Jermaine averaged 18 mins, 5.2 points, 3.8 rebounds, 0.5 assists and 1.2 blocks Take away 1.5 assists and add 1.5 blocks and 6 mins to Perk's stats tonight and those #'s are what we were paying Jermaine 5.7 million for. Perk makes 4.2 million and I KNOW he'll make WAY more of an impact in the next 60-65 games than JON did the first 43.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

You can't compare what Perk did against the Cavs.  They don't have any big men.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

True, terrible competition. But its his 1st game back and really we just want him to be better than Jermaine was for the next 2 months and then the old Perk by the playoffs.

Should I go through the game log and show all JON's duds vs. teams w. no Centers?

2 pts and 2 boards vs. Cavs 2nd game of the year in 12 mins?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

[QUOTE]True, terrible competition. But its his 1st game back and really we just want him to be better than Jermaine was for the next 2 months and then the old Perk by the playoffs. Should I go through the game log and show all JON's duds vs. teams w. no Centers? 2 pts and 2 boards vs. Cavs 2nd game of the year in 12 mins?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

If Perk and Shaq get healthy JON has become completely irrelevant.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

good to see perkins back. gave some solid minutes. looks like he has a couple new moves. notice he got a pass and didnt bounce it first, but put it right up. also worked on his head fake a bit too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Good to see Perk back, albeit against weak competition. There is no doubt he can help us. I saw at least one troll argue we were better off without him. That's ridiculous. As for this:

"Perk will screw up Semih's developement.
    Posted by CHEisCHE"

We're not in the business of developing players, we're trying to win a championship. Don't get mad in here because Semih was a starter on your fantasy league team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Welcome back PERK, I wish you success on your return, glad
    to see that the doctors say you are ready ( not Doc River's)
    seem as if Shaq plays two games and then hurt again, we need
    you Perk, so I wish you well. Go C's!!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

Perk looked pretty good.  He'll have to work his way back into the starting lineup.  He'll probably have a break out game in the next month and Doc won't really have a choice to get him starting again.  It might work to play off the competetive nature of the bigs on the team now and have them all compete for that starting role.  Continuity might be difficult, but they've struggled with that at the C position all year anyway.  I think Perk will start, but honestly I'm just glad Glen Davis will be able to stick to playing Power Forward.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Semih is developing fine as a backup  C/PF- which is what he is.  Getting the starting C on-line doesn't hinder that. The waste that is Jermaine O'Neal would hinder that.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Great to see Perk back!  To the haters (you know who you are), why can't you just accept that having more competent big guys than your competition is not a bad thing?  The minutes thing will work itself out.  Shaq and Erden are battling various injuries and if JON can come back for the playoffs, then Mazel Tov.  Perk needs to work himself back into shape and if all the bigs are healthy, this team will be very hard to beat come playoffs. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It was great to have Perk back last night.  He was very effective in the few minutes he played. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm expecting the Celtics' rebounding to improve with Perk's return.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Missed the entire game. When I saw the highlights and saw Perk come in I was stunned.

He looked good. His movement looked about the same from what I saw. It's not like he's MJ so I think he'll fit right back in.

JON....SEE YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

[QUOTE]I'm expecting the Celtics' rebounding to improve with Perk's return.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE] It will be interesting to see how he affects the whole teams rebounding.  He such a position rebounder and even if he doesn't get the ball, he takes the other teams best rebounder out of the play.

Sections
Shortcuts