Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.

Perkins was rated 51st center in the league.

Perkins averaged 6 points and 8 rebounds  not worth 8 mil a year.

Perkins would not have helped us with the Heat series.

Perkins wanted money we were not willing to match.

We got a high draft pick a better than average young forward and a ok back up center.

If you dream about Howard CP3 or Dwill  you would not be able to if we had Perkins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Re: Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.

Great take with one caveat. Under the current CBA Perkins wanted more money than the Celtics could offer and Ainge felt at least three teams would give him that money.

And it looks like he was right because one team did.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.:
    Perkins was rated 51st center in the league. Perkins averaged 6 points and 8 rebounds  not worth 8 mil a year. Perkins would not have helped us with the Heat series. Perkins wanted money we were not willing to match. We got a high draft pick a better than average young forward and a ok back up center. If you dream about Howard CP3 or Dwill  you would not be able to if we had Perkins.
    Posted by genaro008

The HIGH DRAFT PICK will be much worse than you think, I think that HIGH DRAFT PICK will actually be worse than the Cs own pick but believe what you want to believe.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from fivekatz. Show fivekatz's posts

Bottom line is most people will see what Jeff Green can do with a full camp to be integrated into the offense and more defined role. He was the best player, the most athletic player in trade and he doesn't have two weak knees.

Whatever the draft pick is at the start of next year the C's will still have it and most likely Jeff Green too. Two more things than they would have had at the end of the season if Perkins had stayed.

And does anybody think Perkins was going to play enough minutes without foul trouble in this last series to have been the difference.

Yes the 5 was and is the Heat's weak under belly but the 8 PP Perkins with his offensive skill set was not going to change that and DWade was still going to go to the hole and get to line whether Perkins or Jermaine was in the paint waiting for him.

Don't get me wrong, I miss the scowl but we did not trade Rajon Rondo or Paul Pierce.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.:
    In Response to Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade. : The HIGH DRAFT PICK will be much worse than you think, I think that HIGH DRAFT PICK will actually be worse than the Cs own pick but believe what you want to believe.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Even id we are 500 that means a 15 to 20 pick. I do not see the Clippers pick going lowe than 20 next season so that wouls give us maybe one top 15 pick or worse case to mid 1st round picks.  That is a good thing to have while rebuilding.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

In Response to Re: Breaking out the shovel on the Perkins trade.:
    That 2012 pick could end up being Austin Rivers.
    Posted by Fiercest34

This. We could easily trade up or give up players to get him.

Its now a huge possiblitly. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Perkins would not have helped us with the Heat series."

You mean with the layup drill that Lebron and Wade had on the inside? You mean with the interior toughness we lacked? You don't know that. Bosh even felt comfortable around the basket, Perk never would have allowed someone that soft (as Bosh) to get so many important tips ins. 

I mentioned in another thread that if we don't trade Perk, we likely have home court in the series against the Heat. You don't think that helps? 

You'll never be able to bury the Perk trade, it's going to be a question of unresolvable debate for a long, long time. But if it's ok with you I'll be irritated about it for a little while, we just got whipped partially due to our lack of toughness. The lack of Perk was not the only reason we lost by any means, but the idea that Perk was not a factor is crazy. If Shaq had been healthy, then no, the loss of Perk wouldn't have hurt us. But we all know how that worked out. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Im not a Perk ahter but not putting him in hall of fame either. Wwe lost the game in the last 5 minutes he would not have been in the game at that time anyway.

Sections
Shortcuts