Brewer to Celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

Re: Brewer to Celts

You can never have enough depth. You don't know who will get injured or when. The Celtics should most certainly use up every roster spot and proactively plan for every possible contingency.

Including the Finals, there's less than 4 months left in the season. These guys can handle temporarily riding the pine for a championship contender. Why wouldn't they want the experience of getting paid to play on a great team and possibly earn a ring? It's not as though it's the beginning of the year and these 4 months (1 1/2 if they were still on their lottery-bound teams) will stunt their development and destroy their careers. It can only help them.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Danny can sell Brewer on being the new TA and guarding Kobe (or Manu, or Wade)... Green is not going to guard them... he gets Odom/Artest, Bron/Haslem, RJ/Bonner...

Of course he may point to TA's 16 mins in the playoffs last year as a sign of things to come... but we'd really know he'd only get half of those b/c PP would slide onto Kobe more w/ Green @ SF for the big lineup...

but a rested/100% healthy PP/Ray, along w/ the best possible defensive efforts for all the mins played by any superstar we face.... is worth their weight in gold

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

SG-SF last seasons playoffs:

Ray avg'd 38.5 mins

Pierce 39

TA - 16

you gotta assume that 33-35 mins each for Ray/PP, 6-8 for Brewer and 18-20 for Green will be a serious upgrade

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

More Green @ PF against perimeter/athlete 4's who are 6'9"+ will be big as well

Baby will be great in rested short stint/high energy mins on Bass, Boozer, Turiaf, Blair, Haslem PF's... and his yeoman work on Howard (holding him to 6p -11r in 39 mins on XMass) is well noted

But vs. Odom, Deng, Gibson, Marion, J. Smith, Turk he will struggle... Green is the answer. (I didn't include Amare, Dirk, Duncan, Bosh, Noah or Horford on that list b/c I assume KG will get 80-90% of the mins on those guys).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts:
    [QUOTE]SG-SF last seasons playoffs: Ray avg'd 38.5 mins Pierce 39 TA - 16 you gotta assume that 33-35 mins each for Ray/PP, 6-8 for Brewer and 18-20 for Green will be a serious upgrade
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

What made the Celtics dominate from the mid 50s to mid 70s and win 13 Champinships in 20 years was we had building blocks develop that talent with vets who were willing to bring their replacements along then turn the keys over to them.  I think BB Rondo Green Brewer are great building blocks with less pressure on Green and Brewer to have to play lots of minuts and perform. If we can get them to play behind the big 3 and then 2013 may be a reloading team with cap room instead of a rebuilding year. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Mployee8, anybody not signed for the rest of the season by the end of this week (or a couple of days before) will be ineligible for the playoffs.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Not for our team.  We have people who can score.  We need D.  Seems everyone is forgetting what wins championships for us.   Everyone wants another shooter who can't guard ANYONE.  We are a good offensive team, but our D will carry us and with Arroyo on the court with ANYONE.....the other team will just kill us over and over again taking him to the hole (not to mention how they'll sag off him the same way we did when we played the Heat). Arroyo is a waste.  PLEASE, Danny.  Don't do it!  Get Brewer.  Bring up a D-leaguer.  ANYTHING but that guy.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

How will the other team kill us if Arroyo is on the bench? 

I never said Ainge should sign Arroyo so that he will get minutes off the bench. What I said was sign Arroyo so that he will be Scal's replacement as the #1 cheerleader on the bench.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : I believe Carlos Arroyo would be a great cheerleader for the Celts. That's it! He got dumped by the Heat for Mike Bibby. That's like dumping Anne Hathaway for Jenner Aniston. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]hey, i would squat down with nothing for jen aniston! heck i would get on my knees for her.. would even lie on my back and let her squat down in anyway she wanted.. but i digress... for you wanting arroyo, please! i would roll with bradley any day if that is the case! brewer is the key!get him and we can just hang out.. give the last spot to chris johnson til a marquis can come back or a poweo\r even a sheed! would see what happens.... we have 3 pgs as it is .. tj ford perhaps? is he even available?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

[QUOTE]Are we going to know about Brewer tomorrow?  What's the deadline for signing buyouts so they are eligible for the playoffs?
    Posted by breaktime
    [/QUOTE]

Buyouts & releases are nothing but "REJECTS" to me.
    I'm not truly excited about Murphy, Brewer or anyone coming from the buyout.

Unfortunate that Semih, Robinson & Daniels was ship out. Otherwise, I will take these 3 anytime because they made the system works vs bringing the buyouts, releases and other words "REJECTS" who are rusted and never played the Celtics system.

Krstic & Green is different story, it's a legitimate trade & I will accept that move.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : hey, i would squat down with nothing for jen aniston! heck i would get on my knees for her.. would even lie on my back and let her squat down in anyway she wanted.. but i digress... for you wanting arroyo, please! i would roll with bradley any day if that is the case! brewer is the key!get him and we can just hang out.. give the last spot to chris johnson til a marquis can come back or a poweo\r even a sheed! would see what happens.... we have 3 pgs as it is .. tj ford perhaps? is he even available?
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

Jennifer Aniston was so hot 5 years ago. Right now Anne Hathaway is the Jennifer Aniston of 5 years ago.

TJ Ford isn't available.

And Carlos Arroyo is a better PG at this point in time than Avery Bradley, that's a fact!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Buyouts & releases are nothing but "REJECTS" to me. I'm not truly excited about Murphy, Brewer or anyone coming from the buyout. Unfortunate that Semih, Robinson & Daniels was ship out. Otherwise, I will take these 3 anytime because they made the system works vs bringing the buyouts, releases and other words "REJECTS" who are rusted and never played the Celtics system. Krstic & Green is different story, it's a legitimate trade & I will accept that move.
    Posted by CHEisCHE[/QUOTE]

Che, I really think you will like the defense that Corey Brewer brings to the table should the C's get him. I do agree about buyout players usually being "rejects", however, Brewer was more of a casualty due to team fit. The C's can never have too many players to step in and be able to play some "D". Having some youth is really gonna help them in the long run. The Celts seem to struggle in the fourth in a lot of games, therefore I think these guys will be able to keep Paul, Ray, and Kevin to have some fresher legs down the stretch.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

[QUOTE]C's will pull out all the stops for Brewer ... not just for his Tony Allen like ability to help in the playoffs but to sign him for the future this summer ... Just like Perk, it's alot easier to sign a guy once he's with the team than try to woo him in free agency. One and done ... no other moves after Brewer as the C's will most likely keep that final roster spot open to bring in different players from the D-League right to the end of the season. If they find a keeper then they will sign him for the playoffs ... wouldn't be surprised to see Danny give Toine an invite out of courtesy to help him hook up with another team. That would be nostalgic and classey.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I agree with this.  I hope Danny sells him on coming here and that we would sign him to a contract beyond this season.  Danny offered the Knicks Nate and a draft pick for Brewer before they bought him out, so hopefully he knows Danny really wants him long term most likely.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PACelt. Show PACelt's posts

What do you receive for having open roster spots after the playoff eligibility deadline?  It's like having timeouts left at the end of the game!!!

You can't trade them for what's behind door #3.

If another PG is the need,  Arroyo looks like the guy!  If we think Delonte and Avery can do it, go get Al Thornton!

Personally, I'd go with Arroyo.  There is something about the irony of a guy the Heat cut getting a ring!!!

PA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Looks like Brewer is going to Dallas. The Mavs still have their full MLE to offer him.

But Boston and San Antonio, in this case, can’t compete financially with the Dallas Mavericks, who have their full mid-level exception remaining -- worth just under $4 million as of Wednesday because the figure is reduced daily from its original $5.8 million at this juncture of the season -- to comfortably exceed any offer the Celtics or Spurs could make. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

We need to fill any open roster spot with a player available for the playoffs.

Why not have an additional backup just in case. Doesnt mean he has to get playoff minutes but with our injury history especially, you cant have enough bodies.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtrue. Show mtrue's posts

Brewer can contest Kobe effectively on KB's 1 on 1 post ups - he could be very valuable.  Love to see this guy in the fold.   I liked him out of UF a few years ago - why has he fallen on such hard times to be available?  Are the Knicks crazy?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/25631/latest-on-the-chase-for-corey-brewer According to Marc Stein, both Boston and San Antonio are at a disadvantage when it comes to competing with Dallas for Brewer since Dallas has their MLE ($4m) available. If Dallas loses out on Brewer, Stein says they will sign Sasha Pavlovic from the D-League and conversely thinks that if Dallas does get Brewer then Boston will sign Pavlovic ... He doesn't say if we'd sign him for the remainder of the year or just to a 10-day contract so I don't put much stock into that thinking.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    Sasha Pavlovic to the Celtics?  That should make for some interesting threads here.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

"Buyouts & releases are nothing but "REJECTS" to me.
    I'm not truly excited about Murphy, Brewer or anyone coming from the buyout."

Glad that Danny didnt need your approval "Che"

I dont think 16 pts and 11 boards is a reject, but I'm sure you will come back and eat crow once Troy starts playing.....or will you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I think Wafer has earned the few minutes that are available at the backup 2 position. Looks like Brewer is going to Dallas anyway.
       Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the team only allowed 12 players to dress in uniform per game for the playoffs?   If so, why is it so important to fill the 15th roster spot than?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

[QUOTE]I think Wafer has earned the few minutes that are available at the backup 2 position. Looks like Brewer is going to Dallas anyway.    Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the team only allowed 12 players to dress in uniform per game for the playoffs?   If so, why is it so important to fill the 15th roster spot than?
    Posted by mem17[/QUOTE]
    Injuries...that's nothing new!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ojmega. Show ojmega's posts

I really dont like Arroyo for the celtics, more defense the better, i would rather have TJ ford than arroyo.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Looks like Brewer is going to Dallas. The Mavs still have their full MLE to offer him. But Boston and San Antonio, in this case, can’t compete financially with the Dallas Mavericks, who have their full mid-level exception remaining -- worth just under $4 million as of Wednesday because the figure is reduced daily from its original $5.8 million at this juncture of the season -- to comfortably exceed any offer the Celtics or Spurs could make.  http://www.celticsblog.com/
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

this is what i figured when i saw that in the mark stein article...

but if he's just planning to be somewhere for one season, i think everyone is in play...

mavs edge us not just on money, but also because they're 2-0 against us.  i think this is why Murphy picked us over Miami, so...