Brewer to Celts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Re: Brewer to Celts

Isn't what Dallas can offer Brewer for the rest of this season just a prorated portion of the MLE?  I know that it's more money than a prorated portion of the vets minimum, but it's not like were talking in the millions of dollars here.

If I'm Doc and Danny, I sell Brewer on the virtues of playing for arguably the best team in basketball and I point to the fact that he can slide into Marquis Daniels' role next year and that he could get either a portion of the MLE or full LLE since I believe that will be available to them. 

Brewer was just bought out so he's not hurting for money.  He should look at the teams with the best chance to win as well as his potential role next year if he fits within the system.  My money is still on Boston getting him, I think Danny and Doc will convince him that he's a good fit.    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

It was reported that the prorated amount of the MLE is about just under 4 millions.  So if the Mavs is willing to pay that versus a few hundreds Ks that we can maximally pay.  It is difficult to see how Brewer would walk away from that if the Mavs is willing to pay.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Somehow I get the feeling the Mavs may be who we see in the end.  I've said from the start that Stern would like to reward/compensate them for building the prototype arena for the 21st century.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts:
    [QUOTE]It was reported that the prorated amount of the MLE is about just under 4 millions.  So if the Mavs is willing to pay that versus a few hundreds Ks that we can maximally pay.  It is difficult to see how Brewer would walk away from that if the Mavs is willing to pay.
    Posted by scubber[/QUOTE]

But if he joins the Celts and wins a championship he could get a better offer next season. Just ask James Posey.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]Somehow I get the feeling the Mavs may be who we see in the end.  I've said from the start that Stern would like to reward/compensate them for building the prototype arena for the 21st century.
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

What arena is that?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from stiorevo. Show stiorevo's posts

Please no Arroyo!!!  Sucked in Detroit, overseas, and Miami.  Cannot even count how many times in Detroit this guy choked.  MO. 

GO C's!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]"Buyouts & releases are nothing but "REJECTS" to me. I'm not truly excited about Murphy, Brewer or anyone coming from the buyout." Glad that Danny didnt need your approval "Che" I dont think 16 pts and 11 boards is a reject, but I'm sure you will come back and eat crow once Troy starts playing.....or will you?
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Well, it remains to be seen which Murphy will show up - the 16 and 11 guy at Indiana where those stats came with a lot of minutes or the 2 and 3 guy from New Jersey this year who shot 17% from 3 point land and 32% from 2 point land with 0 blocks and 3 rebounds.   Don't be so sure the previous Murphy is the one we got.  I hope he is but my expectations are that he's not going to make a big difference here.  I don't know how you go from not being able to get playing time on the Nets to making a big impact on the Celtics!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : But if he joins the Celts and wins a championship he could get a better offer next season. Just ask James Posey.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]
    Great if he believes that.  Or the Mavs can win.  You are asking him to take a lot of money off the table in hope of maybe getting more and if he makes enough contribution to warrant the bigger pay.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]Please no Arroyo!!!  Sucked in Detroit, overseas, and Miami.  Cannot even count how many times in Detroit this guy choked.  MO.  GO C's!!!
    Posted by stiorevo[/QUOTE]

What he said!!!!   gets booked out of multiple cities, can't get playing time anywhere, gets abused by the Celtics when he played against us.......and people want to think he can do something good for us????   Get real.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Great if he believes that.  Or the Mavs can win.  You are asking him to take a lot of money off the table in hope of maybe getting more and if he makes enough contribution to warrant the bigger pay.

The Mavs have Jason Terry, Roddy Beaubois, and Stojakovic. Caron Butler is also returning before the playoffs. How will Brewer get playing time there? 

With the Celts, Brewer will be ahead of Von Wafer on the depth chart.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Brewer to Celts : Great if he believes that.  Or the Mavs can win.  You are asking him to take a lot of money off the table in hope of maybe getting more and if he makes enough contribution to warrant the bigger pay.

The Mavs may not be interested in giving him $4M for the remainder of the year ... and more importantly, where does he want to be for his next contract? Rondo-Brewer-Green-X?-X ? (Howard) or the over the hill gangs in Dallas or San Antonio?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Murphy was a double digets guy(pts. and rebounds)last season.this year he has been injured and when he wasn't hurt they didn't play him(for God knows what reason as that team is abysmal).You can't show anything as a player if you aren't on the court.By the way,he says he's ready to go and don't be surprised if he productive wearing the green.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't what Dallas can offer Brewer for the rest of this season just a prorated portion of the MLE?  I know that it's more money than a prorated portion of the vets minimum, but it's not like were talking in the millions of dollars here. If I'm Doc and Danny, I sell Brewer on the virtues of playing for arguably the best team in basketball and I point to the fact that he can slide into Marquis Daniels' role next year and that he could get either a portion of the MLE or full LLE since I believe that will be available to them.  Brewer was just bought out so he's not hurting for money.  He should look at the teams with the best chance to win as well as his potential role next year if he fits within the system.  My money is still on Boston getting him, I think Danny and Doc will convince him that he's a good fit.    
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn[/QUOTE]

Good call idiot! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

Seems that the Maverick Blue background on Brewer's home page was a dead give away ... too bad.