BRON demands to b on the NBA's MT RUSHMORE, who comes off, who's in?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

Re: BRON demands to b on the NBA's MT RUSHMORE, who comes off, who's in?

it's simple

we need to make rushmore bigger.  has to be at least 10 or 11 deep.  we can quibble about 8-12.  of course wilt and russ and kareem belong on there with the aforementioned 4.  then lebron.  now we are at kobe, barkley, karl malone, mc hale, elgin baylor, tim duncan, hakeem olajuwan, isaiah

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

they debated this on ESPN the other night.....since basketball is a team sport....all agreed....during a 15 year run.....based on 2 NCAA Championships, 1 Gold Medal, and 11 NBA Titles (12 trips to the Finals overall)....you start with Bill Russell....

If that weren't enought....how about 2 NBA Titles as a player coach....as well as becoming the first black head coach in American team sports.....'nuff said...!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiggerThanMyBrady. Show BiggerThanMyBrady's posts

Not enough places for all the important people in the NBA. I have a hard time with this list. I did mine the other day and I still don't really like it.

MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell

Still can't believe I left off the Logo, Dream, Shaq, Gervin, Oscar, Wilt, Jabaar, and others I'm surely forgetting. I think MJ and Bill have to be on there. The other two spots I think are up for grabs. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I don't think you understood Lebron's point. He was excluding centers so Russell, Will, Kareem were excluded - he was looking at it from the position of athletic players at the other four positions. 

For an NBA Mt Rushmore you almost have to exclude centers, too many too consider. 

If you exclude centers, Lebron could make that final four. It's Michael and Magic and then you can argue the other two, but probably need to wait till Lebron and KD's careers are over to see how they fit. Those two are really really good. Kobe warrants consideration and Bird does too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Da+Flyin+Hawaiian. Show Da+Flyin+Hawaiian's posts

In response to BiggerThanMyBrady's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not enough places for all the important people in the NBA. I have a hard time with this list. I did mine the other day and I still don't really like it.

MJ
    Magic
    Bird
    Russell

Still can't believe I left off the Logo, Dream, Shaq, Gervin, Oscar, Wilt, Jabaar, and others I'm surely forgetting. I think MJ and Bill have to be on there. The other two spots I think are up for grabs. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree !!  Bill and MJ for sure. As for the rest, I'll go with Jabaar, Bird, Magic, Wilt, Kobe and the Big O in that order.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Free-UB. Show Free-UB's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't think you understood Lebron's point. He was excluding centers so Russell, Will, Kareem were excluded - he was looking at it from the position of athletic players at the other four positions. 

For an NBA Mt Rushmore you almost have to exclude centers, too many too consider. 

If you exclude centers, Lebron could make that final four. It's Michael and Magic and then you can argue the other two, but probably need to wait till Lebron and KD's careers are over to see how they fit. Those two are really really good. Kobe warrants consideration and Bird does too.

[/QUOTE]

well, da commy isnt taking the easy way out. he took in every one. incl centers... sorry, i agree.. bird and magic are out and so is jabbar. wilt was more transcending. maybe not.. could make case for russ, jabbar, mj and bron.. kd has to win rings.. noone gets to mt rushmore without multiple rings. the big loser is kobe. as both bron and kd rise, he will b pushed down more and more when he thought he would unseat mj. bron is getting closest. kd never will. soon, we could have 3 permanent locks with just one spot (jabbar's) up for movement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Bron is so full of himself, specially right now, it's pathetic. Lookout, ESPN is about to block off another slot for him, strictly on this subject.

Rushmore = founding fathers

Therefore, I'ld have to say:

MJ

Magic

Bird

James Naismith

Noone has done more for basketball then those 4, IMO. Only other consideration: Red Auerbach (#1 architect of the game). Queen James wouldn't even make my top 15.

Sections
Shortcuts