Brooklyn and Celtics discuss Paul Pierce trade.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Brooklyn and Celtics discuss Paul Pierce trade.

Latest Y! Sports NBA Trade Deadline Buzz: Boston, Brooklyn discuss Paul Pierce.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Brooklyn and Celtics discuss Paul Pierce trade.

The Nets' offer centered on forward Kris Humphries, guard MarShon Brooks and a first-round draft pick, but the Celtics want a more substantial package to consider moving Pierce, league sources said.

"The Celtics still highly value Pierce and it wouldn't make sense to trade him for that kind of a package if they're keeping Kevin Garnett," one league source said.

Boston has shown interest in guard Mirza Teletovic and securing another possible first-round pick, but the Nets have shown no inclination to pay that steep of a price for Pierce.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

No...No..and NO

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

What are we going to do with two empty bodies at PF (Humpries & Bass) ??

Boring trade - won't happen.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

uhhh, trade Bass .... !!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

NO thanks.........

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Unless the trade includes Lopez no deal.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

I imagine other teams are lining the streets to take an undersized pf who can't rebound and no longer shoots great for three years at 6 million dollars. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

I imagine other teams are lining the streets to take an undersized pf who can't rebound and no longer shoots great for three years at 6 million dollars. 

!!!

and now we'd have TWO of those!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

!!!

and now we'd have TWO of those!

Humphries is a really good rebounder  .... always has been.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

No thanks! It's too late to reverse the Marshon & JJJ draft. Plus, they say Humphries may not even play in the play-offs because he wants to expose the Kardashians in divorce court, so in this case two wrongs will not make a right Danny.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

most of you guys seem to be missing the fact that WE ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT MIAMI FOR THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS, as long as that team stays intact. what we need to do now is plan for 2 years from now, which means we have to start the rebuild, however we can best do that. so all this chatter about which player will or won't help us in this year's playoffs is meaningless. move on. the PP and KG era in boston will end without any more titles. the sooner everyone realizes that, the sooner we can start to build the next title team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

There was a time here that everyone said the Lakers would take Rondo for Gasol but they had to have Bass too ...

True, Bass won't get you an upgrade in the front court but he should bring you another scorer or needed PG .... Dragic or Barea anyone?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

most of you guys seem to be missing the fact that WE ARE NOT GOING TO BEAT MIAMI FOR THE NEXT 2-3 YEARS, as long as that team stays intact. what we need to do now is plan for 2 years from now, which means we have to start the rebuild, however we can best do that. so all this chatter about which player will or won't help us in this year's playoffs is meaningless. move on. the PP and KG era in boston will end without any more titles. the sooner everyone realizes that, the sooner we can start to build the next title team.

Heat owner Micky Arison will be feeling the heat himself from impending Carnival Cruise Line lawsuits and impending luxury taxes by the NBA in a year or two that could force him to break up their big three .... think about that.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

in a year or two. MAYBE. but not now. in a year or two, PP and KG will be taking their own carnival cruise. we need to plan on being a contender 2 years from now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from VeniceSox. Show VeniceSox's posts

I am with you for the most part... unless we add a scorer and a rebounder this team will be out in the first round if they in fact make it to the playoffs..... So say we keep KG and PP for next year, then what?  I would like to know the plans that everyone who wants to stay pat have for next season.... maybe im wrong but I would like to hear the ideas....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i'm not suggesting we stand pat. i'm simply suggesting that we move the parts we can move now (KG, PP, etc.) for pieces that will fall into place next year and the year after, when we have a healthy rondo and sully back on the court. forget about short fixes for making a run this year. we cannot beat the heat this year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

in a year or two. MAYBE. but not now. in a year or two, PP and KG will be taking their own carnival cruise. we need to plan on being a contender 2 years from now.

East will be wide open in two years ... Why not try to win now while we still have KG & Pierce? We can always trade them this summer, right?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

PP and KG cannot carry the team past miami. maybe not even past the first round, regardless of who we play. in the next year or two, if we don't trade KG and PP, they will walk away and we'll have nothing to show for it. if we can trade them now for young players or picks, we'll have some building blocks for next year and the year after. just my opinion. i just don't see how we can put enough pieces around KG and PP to win anything this year or next.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

and i'm NOT saying that i'll be heartbroken if KG and PP stay and retire as celtics. that's fine too. i love those guys. but suggesting that we can somehow put a winning team around them now to make a run this year is a pipe dream.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to DFURY-13's comment:

Brooklyn needs to go back to the drawing board. Who came up with this Jayz?

LMAO!!!!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from michaelsjr. Show michaelsjr's posts

Ainge isn't going to trade KG PP or Rondo.  How many ways and how many times do he have to say it before folks believe it?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

With this Wojo rumor and the fact he's back in LA, I look for PP to go off and have a big night tonight.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

this is a horrible trade for the Celts.  M. Brooks is an exciting offensive player  at times but he's not gonna play a role on a championship team, and that's what the Celts need to design.