Brooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Brooks

P34 nailed it, Aaron Brooks is a major talent.  Watching him last night this wanna be six footer just took over the game, hitting any and every shot and no matter who covered him.  This is not new I have seen him do it before against the Lakers in the 2009 playoffs and against us last year.

Brooks should have been a real get for the Lakers or Heat to me it is amazing he was not traded for. They will miss him in the playoffs. He is a game breaker.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Brooks

I agree. Dude is a major player. Love his speed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think Rondo shakes in his sneakers when he sees Brooks coming.  I think it's a situation where Rondo is an elite PG but Brooks just brings him down a notch.  Brooks outplayed Rondo when the Rockets beat us in Boston last season.  Brooks put up 30 in that game and made Rondo look pretty mediocre defensively.

The same thing happened last night.  Rondo can swipe and try that attempted steal against a slow Nash.  However, that won't fly against Brooks.  Brooks was laughing as he blew by Rondo.

On a couple occasions, I was amazed how easily he got past Rondo, got under the basket and threw a pinpoint pass all the way to the 3-point line to Dudley who drained a 3-pointer.  How do you defend that when one guy can break down a defense like that.  Honestly, I thought Rondo would step up to that challenge but he did not.

I expect Rondo to go for 16 and 15.  That is what you expect out of an elite PG.  But I don't expect an all-defensive PG to get lit up like that so easily.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cman11. Show Cman11's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks:
    I think Rondo shakes in his sneakers when he sees Brooks coming.  I think it's a situation where Rondo is an elite PG but Brooks just brings him down a notch.  Brooks outplayed Rondo when the Rockets beat us in Boston last season.  Brooks put up 30 in that game and made Rondo look pretty mediocre defensively. The same thing happened last night.  Rondo can swipe and try that attempted steal against a slow Nash.  However, that won't fly against Brooks.  Brooks was laughing as he blew by Rondo. On a couple occasions, I was amazed how easily he got past Rondo, got under the basket and threw a pinpoint pass all the way to the 3-point line to Dudley who drained a 3-pointer.  How do you defend that when one guy can break down a defense like that.  Honestly, I thought Rondo would step up to that challenge but he did not. I expect Rondo to go for 16 and 15.  That is what you expect out of an elite PG.  But I don't expect an all-defensive PG to get lit up like that so easily.
    Posted by Petey62
    So you trade Rondo for Brooks?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Like greased lightnin' last night. Jitterbuggin'!!! Jukin' and jivin' amongst the tall trees!

Kind of looks like Chris Rock... in sneakers. NASTY!

Rondo handled SNash fine... but didn't prepare for the lil'est jitterbug wreaking H-A-V-O-C!

Pud

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : So you trade Rondo for Brooks?
    Posted by Cman11

No, I would not trade Rondo for Brooks.  Making a valid observation about last night's game is not the same as calling for a trade of the guy Cman.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from OscarGamble. Show OscarGamble's posts

Brooks went from Most Improved Player in the NBA last season to DNP-CD by Adelman over his final few weeks w/ the Rockets. I'm a season ticket holder in Houston. He is not a real PG and over time that becomes evident. Stints at the point; that's about it. He's a 6', scoring two-guard. the Rockets are clearly better served w/ Kyle Lowry at PG rather than Brooks. He's capable of having big offensive games and for some reason, seems particularly motivated in his games against Boston. A little bit of a complainer/finger-pointer as well. I wonder if his overall game is conducive to winning.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

For what it's worth, no one on the Suns played D on Rondo last night.  No one.
    Nash had a good reason to be upset when RR reached in on him; that was a blatant non call.  I have never seen Nash get a T before.

But as good as Brooks is, Rondo blew by him and Nash like they were glued to the floor.  Brooks is every bit as good as his billing, but RR's got some game, too.  He had something like 15 ponts and 16 assists last night and frankly, he's tearing up the NBA when he has to.  The problem is, inasmuch as RR plays up for big games, he also tends to play down for the lesser ones, imo.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : No, I would not trade Rondo for Brooks.  Making a valid observation about last night's game is not the same as calling for a trade of the guy Cman.
    Posted by Petey62

you crack me up, petey. for such an objective fan, you certainly target rondo for much more criticism than praise. if he and the Cs are stomping curry and GS fri night, perhaps acie law can provide you some more objective fodder.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Look nobody said Brooks was even close to as valuable(actually maybe Pud would) as Rondo.  My point is Brooks is what Nate Robinson should have been.

Brooks as P34 mentioned when Battier was discussed as a trade target was available for way under what his value was.  We should have gone after him even if the Lakers and Heat were too stupid to do so. He is insurance in a big playoff game where points need to be scored and are hard to come by. Brooks is amazing in that regard.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from docc. Show docc's posts

Systems help.   C's need RR rebounding and defensive (off the ball).   Teams wouldn't be able to play off ABrooks if he was w/ the C's.   RR better D player, Brooks better on O.   RR is more athletic for other than offensive.   I'd just be satisfied w/ what I have.   RR has to have offensive players around him.   RR isn't bad at taking the ball to the hole, teams pack it in so much that it limits him in many big games.

Actually, I was hoping the C's were gonna draft him the year he came out.   I'm ok w/ the results.   I now forget what actually happened.   Either the Rockets took AB and then the C's BB or the C's took BB first.   I didn't think BB was gonna last into the ? late first/early 2nd like he did.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Surprised nobody took a flyer on Walker Russell

http://www.fwdailysports.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3421:Mad-Ants-say-goodbye-to-Walker-Russell-Jr.-&catid=103:basketball&Itemid=2

http://www.ridiculousupside.com/2009/5/16/877064/walker-russell-jr-d-league-player

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Look nobody said Brooks was even close to as valuable(actually maybe Pud would) as Rondo.  My point is Brooks is what Nate Robinson should have been. Brooks as P34 mentioned when Battier was discussed as a trade target was available for way under what his value was.  We should have gone after him even if the Lakers and Heat were too stupid to do so. He is insurance in a big playoff game where points need to be scored and are hard to come by. Brooks is amazing in that regard.
    Posted by concord27

When/if trading time comes, we can get a lot more than Brooks for Rondo.

Pud

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

What happened to Bailey's post. It disappeared.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

i filed it, concord. seemed like a decent thread had come to a halt and i'm here to help.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Given Brooks' offensive prowess, why isn't he more highly valued?  Do teams with bigger PG's post him up?  Honestly, I've not seen a lot of houston outside of the Cs games

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : So you trade Rondo for Brooks?
    Posted by Cman11

In a heartbeat without even giving it any thought.  People / posters / fans / bloggers want to wax poetic about how amazing Rondo is and then when I point out there any number of more complete players who can do things that Rondo never will or can even think about I am lambasted.  Brooks is one of the ones that I have listed over and over again.

Finally some of you can agree.  The Cs are absolutely no worse off with Brooks instead of Rondo as I have said a million times.  Do you think in the finals last year the Lakers ignore Rondo and let him take as many uncontested jumpers as he wants, do you think Brooks knocks down a record 26% from the line - not the 3 point line, the free throw line.

Rondo for Brooks - welcome to the objective side of reality.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : When/if trading time comes, we can get a lot more than Brooks for Rondo. Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

Given that the salaries of the players involved in the trade have to be within 15% plus $100,000 yes they would have to get more for Rondo than Brooks but that is simply because of the amount by which Rondo is overpaid.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : In a heartbeat without even giving it any thought.  People / posters / fans / bloggers want to wax poetic about how amazing Rondo is and then when I point out there any number of more complete players who can do things that Rondo never will or can even think about I am lambasted.  Brooks is one of the ones that I have listed over and over again. Finally some of you can agree.  The Cs are absolutely no worse off with Brooks instead of Rondo as I have said a million times.  Do you think in the finals last year the Lakers ignore Rondo and let him take as many uncontested jumpers as he wants, do you think Brooks knocks down a record 26% from the line - not the 3 point line, the free throw line. Rondo for Brooks - welcome to the objective side of reality.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

Nobody agrees with your blather. You`re about as objective as Rush Limbaugh.Brooks did most of his damage against Bradley.Rondo`s over-all #s were better than Brooks last night .Give it a freaking rest. Did Rondo steal your tricycle?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Like greased lightnin' last night. Jitterbuggin'!!! Jukin' and jivin' amongst the tall trees! Kind of looks like Chris Rock... in sneakers. NASTY! Rondo handled SNash fine... but didn't prepare for the lil'est jitterbug wreaking H-A-V-O-C! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin

He wreaked havoc against Bradley, the 19 year old deer in the headlights.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : Nobody agrees with your blather. You`re about as objective as Rush Limbaugh.Brooks did most of his damage against Bradley.Rondo`s over-all #s were better than Brooks last night .Give it a freaking rest. Did Rondo steal your tricycle?
    Posted by jrleftfoot

Let's try this.... give Brooks 3 hall of famers to pass the ball to..... not sure if you noticed but there is some recognition at least, at least a subtle attempt at being al least mildly objective in this thread.

You are clearly indicative of the typical laundry worshipper - if Rondo was a pedophile, wifebeater, incestuous beastiality type you would say he is the best point guard in the league....

Reality stinks but it is where at least some of us live.  If Rondo was a backup for the Nets or Hawks or Hornets or Thunder or a whole bunch of other teams (as he would be) you would be a bit more realistic. 

just click into this link and take a long hard look at reality.......

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/playerrankings/regularseason/PG

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerrycole. Show jerrycole's posts

Let me get this straight. 

Brooks scores ONE point more than Rondo (and a bunch of those against poor Bradley and the other reserves). 

Rondo beats him in every other category - assists (15-6), rebounds, steals, turnovers (Rondo 1, Brooks 3).  And some people here (the usual suspects) think that Brooks is in the same league as Rondo?

This Rondo-hating has begun to reach ridiculous proportions.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

In Response to Re: Brooks : you crack me up, petey. for such an objective fan, you certainly target rondo for much more criticism than praise. if he and the Cs are stomping curry and GS fri night, perhaps acie law can provide you some more objective fodder.
    Posted by BaileyPowe

You are entitled to your opinion BaileyPowe and I will definitely take it under advisement.  However, the title of this thread is "Brooks" and I simply posted what I saw about Brooks in last night's game (and what we all saw from him last season against us).

If I remember correctly, the Cs were stomping Nash/Brooks and Phoenix last night.  That doesn't change how impressive Brooks played last night.  If you can honestly say you were not impressed by Brooks' play, I will respect your opinion although I think it would be wrong.  He is NOT an elite PG but I thought he played as well if not better against one of the elite PGs in Rondo.

I don't consider that criticism of Rondo as much as it's acknowledgement and respect of Brooks.

But I appreciate your post.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Let me get this straight.  Brooks scores ONE point more than Rondo (and a bunch of those against poor Bradley and the other reserves).  Rondo beats him in every other category - assists (15-6), rebounds, steals, turnovers (Rondo 1, Brooks 3).  And some people here (the usual suspects) think that Brooks is in the same league as Rondo? This Rondo-hating has begun to reach ridiculous proportions.
    Posted by jerrycole

jerrycole, Brooks scored 17 points in just 21 minutes and he added a respectable 7 assists.  If you don't consider that an impressive outing, I don't know what you were watching.  Again, remove Rondo from the equation and look at what Brooks did on the court.

And it was that much more impressive because it WAS against Rondo, an elite PG who is also a member of the all-defense team.  That is not criticism of Rondo.  It's recognizing a great job by Brooks.  That does not mean Brooks is BETTER than Rondo  And please don't suggest the majority of his damage was done against Bradley when Bradley was only on the court for all of 9 minutes.

This thread is about Brooks and we should stop being so sensitive to think that any acknowledgement of another player is a criticism of a Celtics player.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cman11. Show Cman11's posts

Oh cut your B.S Petey62, Rondo did really good for his team last night 6-8 Fg,15ast,16pts and +26 for his team, thats not good enough for you? stop crying like Lindsay Lohan. 

Sections
Shortcuts