brooks

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fedup13. Show fedup13's posts

brooks

watched game brooks realy good 24pts 11rebounds 6 assists i hope he does that every time time will tel i hope he he does so we can get rid ov crawford

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FLACFAN. Show FLACFAN's posts

Re: brooks

In response to fedup13's comment:
    [QUOTE]

watched game brooks realy good 24pts 11rebounds 6 assists i hope he does that every time time will tel i hope he he does so we can get rid ov crawford

[/QUOTE]

When I have seen him play for the celtics, he struck me as a skinny underweight street player.  He was way out of his league.  No way he has half the talent of crawford.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to FLACFAN's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When I have seen him play for the celtics, he struck me as a skinny underweight street player.  He was way out of his league.  No way he has half the talent of crawford.

[/QUOTE]

Last year against the celtics,he played,I believe was 19 min and scored 23 points.He killed us.When he was in Providence people would compare him with a smaller Kobe.If he improves his defense,he wii be a keeper.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

I do not think that this guy's offense has ever been the question, but rather his defense is very poor by NBA standards.  In fact, his defensive level at Providence was poor as well.

His poor defense may not show up as much in the D league (just like it often did not while in college) because the other D league players are not as offensively gifted as are most of the NBA two guards.  His outstanding offense while in the D league may also cover over his defensive lapses.  Scoring in the mid 20s is going to cover many (if not all) other weaknesses.

My problem with this guy is that you know that he has been told many times about his defense as the reason that he is not playing more.  So, why has he not made himself better on defense?

He may never be the best ever defender, but just digging in and working harder should make him at least representable which would likely get him on to the court more in the NBA.

There are many NBA players who have figured out this plan and are playing meaningful minutes for teams all across the league, but yet will never make the NBA all defensive team.

Wake up, Mr. Brooks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Maybe Brooks and RR will connect. Both could learn some front up D.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Fill him up with about five of Amatos subs a day, washed down with draft beers from 37's Down Town  Lounge (approrpriate name for outside shooters), and make him lift weights for hours after practice.  He should be good to go for next season, if not the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to billge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Fill him up with about five of Amatos subs a day, washed down with draft beers from 37's Down Town  Lounge (approrpriate name for outside shooters), and make him lift weights for hours after practice.  He should be good to go for next season, if not the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

I've survived for months from Amato's subs and booze from the Down Town Lounge.

Brooks is not going to get any better. He can score but isn't interested in doing anything else.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Brooks is not going to get any better. He can score but isn't interested in doing anything else.

[/QUOTE]

I'd say get a room guys but this evolving love affair is strictly one sided...Laughing

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Dont need no room. taljked to my cousin in Falmouth yesterday, and I want no part of  that weather at all Been there, you know, done that.. Lived in Plymouth NH as a kid seen all the skis and snow shoes for this life

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to tomobo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 37stories' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd say get a room guys but this evolving love affair is strictly one sided...Laughing

[/QUOTE]

Aww...someone is all jelly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think the best we can hope for this kid is a Jamal Crawford type of scorer off the bench.  I'd say Jason Terry.........but, you know I just can't right now!!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:

hilarious that people assume Brooks doesn't want to be a good defender or doesn't try. 

Well...lots of guys don't. Lots of guys get their check and they cash it.

You know that right?  I am sure this will make you laugh too. Priuti now works for the Thunder.   Sebastian Pruiti of Grantland has him one place lower, "He has a nice awkwardness in his offensive game, which is full of hesitation dribbles and pull-up jump shots," Pruiti writes. "The fact that he can finish at the NBA level is a good sign for Brooks and the Nets." Pruiti continues to criticize Brooks' "lazy" defense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to mossad-did-911's comment:
    [QUOTE]

hilarious that people assume Brooks doesn't want to be a good defender or doesn't try. 

[/QUOTE]

I believe he could become a good defender.He is 6.5 has a wing span of 7.1,he quick,he needs the desire.Maybe it is coming.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

I'm talking that light beer Mel.

18. This post has been removed.