Bucks could offer interesting opportunity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Bucks could offer interesting opportunity

To Boston:                                                           To Milwaukee:

F/C JOHN HENSON $1.9M                                      F JEFF GREEN $8.7M

F GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO Rookie                 F BRANDON BASS $6.5M

F/C EKPE UDOH $4.5M                                        G JORDAN CRAWFORD $2.2M

F/C SHAVLIK RANDOLPH $1.1M

For Bostonthey obviously slash a boat load of salary by unloading Green and Bass, while also saving even more next year by not making a qualify offer to Udoh, allowing him to become an UFA in 2014. they also receive a promising two-way big man in John Henson who can start immediately. he is a rim protecor with a low post game that will fit nicely up front with the smooth shooting Kelly Olynyk playing his more natural PF position. Antetokounmpo is a quality long term prospect at SF. they consolidate the roster. Boston would create a big void at SF where in 2014, they could either look to the draft (Wiggins, Parker, Randle..etc), or free agency (LBJ, Melo, George, Gay, Granger), or a trade. Melo did say he would like to play with Rondo, right?

John Henson /Faverani /Udoh

PF Kelly Olynyk /Sullinger /Humphries 

SF Wallace /Bogans /Adetokounmpo

SG Bradley /Brooks /Lee

PG Rondo /Pressey 

For Milwaukeethey add a legit SF to their young front court core of Ersan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders. they replace the depth production of Udoh (4.2ppg 3.3rpg) with a much cheaper Shavlik Randolph (4.2ppg 4.4rpg). they add depth and experience up front with Bass, and in the backcourt with Crawford.

Larry Sanders /Pachulia /Ayon

PF  Ersan Ilyasova /Bass /Randolph

SF Jeff Green /Delfino

SG OJ Mayo /Crawford

PG Brandon Jennings /Ridnour 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would anyone do this trade? is it realistic? 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Re: Bucks could offer interesting opportunity

meh.

can we also get a 2014 first?

henson aint no center right now. he is still super scrawny

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

I like the idea of packaging Jeff for Gallanari who's younger and could be held out for most of the year with that ACL injury. If Danny pulled that off and we could get to the allstar break sitting our two best players, that is guarenteed wiggins.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Not realistic.

No way Ainge is letting Jeff Green go for a number of reasons.

it's not realistic because Green is untouchable, or is there a technical reason why the trade can't be done? it worked on the trade checker... i don't see a 13.5 ppg scorer as untouchable.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

meh.

is that what it would take for you to agree on the deal? henson is still growing into his body, and he put up very good #'s in limited mins. he will go through some growing pains through a full season at center, but for a rebuilding team looking for a high draft pick that's not a problem.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

meh.

is that what it would take for you to agree on the deal? henson is still growing into his body, and he put up very good #'s in limited mins. he will go through some growing pains through a full season at center, but for a rebuilding team looking for a high draft pick that's not a problem.

[/QUOTE]

I'm being greedy. You're right on Henson, he is young, growing, getting better. He just straight up is not a Center. He is a forward. Can you imagine him against Hibbert?
    I can't.

Realistically, I think that Milwakee is in a similar situation to Detroit. Both have really interesting, young, high potential front courts. Both have 1 year to get a good sample size before one of their guys go into RFA. Henson & Sanders together can block, redirect, deflect so many shots on the defensive end with their combined length that its pretty tempting to try out.

At the end of the day, I think we keep what we have and go into next summer putting in offers for Monroe & Sanders (also DMC & Favors) and see which team is going to skimp out.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Nobody likes my Green for Gallo swap :(

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Not realistic.

No way Ainge is letting Jeff Green go for a number of reasons.

it's not realistic because Green is untouchable, or is there a technical reason why the trade can't be done? it worked on the trade checker... i don't see a 13.5 ppg scorer as untouchable.

[/QUOTE]

It's not because uncle Jeff is untouchable, it's because John Henson and those two with weird names are not worth Jeff Green.

In case you didn't know, Jeff Green led the Celtics in scoring in the playoffs last season.

That's the first time that has happened since Paul Pierce became a Celtic.

[/QUOTE]

yes, he had a good 6 game stretch leading an old and rondo-less C's to a 4-2 first round exit. that speaks more about the team than him as an individual. he isn't a guy boston is going to build a champion around, and he isn't untouchable. he will be 30 by the time boston is contending again and at the moment he's a 13.5 career ppg scorer. let's try and keep his talent and value in realistic perspective.

would the includion of a 1st round pick be enough for you?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

yes, he had a good 6 game stretch leading an old and rondo-less C's to a 4-2 first round exit. that speaks more about the team than him as an individual. he isn't a guy boston is going to build a champion around, and he isn't untouchable. he will be 30 by the time boston is contending again and at the moment he's a 13.5 career ppg scorer. let's try and keep his talent and value in realistic perspective.

No, because John Henson is not a Center in the NBA.

You're asking us if it's a realistic trade, 2 of us here already said it's not realistic.

Again, I'm telling you uncle Jeff will not get traded, especially if it's for another PF.

[/QUOTE]

Actually my all-PF starting lineup could be achieved with this trade!

Henson, Bass, Hump, Suly, KO. Other teams would be forced to adjust! Banner 18 here we ....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

meh.

[/QUOTE]

I'm being greedy. You're right on Henson, he is young, growing, getting better. He just straight up is not a Center. He is a forward. Can you imagine him against Hibbert?
    I can't.

Realistically, I think that Milwakee is in a similar situation to Detroit. Both have really interesting, young, high potential front courts. Both have 1 year to get a good sample size before one of their guys go into RFA. Henson & Sanders together can block, redirect, deflect so many shots on the defensive end with their combined length that its pretty tempting to try out.

At the end of the day, I think we keep what we have and go into next summer putting in offers for Monroe & Sanders (also DMC & Favors) and see which team is going to skimp out.

[/QUOTE]

can you imagine anyone on the C's roster guarding Hibbert right now? lol Olynyk? Henson is 6-11 220 with a 7-5 wingspan. like i said, he will struggle at times being so young, but with his size and athleticism he can do it. he excelled as a small ball 5 for the Bucks. with Sanders (who is a RFA in 2014) at C and Ilyasova at PF (under contract until 2017), Henson is the odd man out for the Bucks.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You're asking us if it's a realistic trade, 2 of us here already said it's not realistic.

Again, I'm telling you uncle Jeff will not get traded, especially if it's for another PF.

[/QUOTE]

Actually my all-PF starting lineup could be achieved with this trade!

Henson, Bass, Hump, Suly, KO. Other teams would be forced to adjust! Banner 18 here we ....

[/QUOTE]

unfortunately, Bass would be in Milwaukee. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

To Boston:                                                           To Milwaukee:

F/C JOHN HENSON $1.9M                                      F JEFF GREEN $8.7M

F GIANNIS ANTETOKOUNMPO Rookie                 F BRANDON BASS $6.5M

F/C EKPE UDOH $4.5M                                        G JORDAN CRAWFORD $2.2M

F/C SHAVLIK RANDOLPH $1.1M

For Bostonthey obviously slash a boat load of salary by unloading Green and Bass, while also saving even more next year by not making a qualify offer to Udoh, allowing him to become an UFA in 2014. they also receive a promising two-way big man in John Henson who can start immediately. he is a rim protecor with a low post game that will fit nicely up front with the smooth shooting Kelly Olynyk playing his more natural PF position. Antetokounmpo is a quality long term prospect at SF. they consolidate the roster. Boston would create a big void at SF where in 2014, they could either look to the draft (Wiggins, Parker, Randle..etc), or free agency (LBJ, Melo, George, Gay, Granger), or a trade. Melo did say he would like to play with Rondo, right?

John Henson /Faverani /Udoh

PF Kelly Olynyk /Sullinger /Humphries 

SF Wallace /Bogans /Adetokounmpo

SG Bradley /Brooks /Lee

PG Rondo /Pressey 

For Milwaukeethey add a legit SF to their young front court core of Ersan Ilyasova and Larry Sanders. they replace the depth production of Udoh (4.2ppg 3.3rpg) with a much cheaper Shavlik Randolph (4.2ppg 4.4rpg). they add depth and experience up front with Bass, and in the backcourt with Crawford.

Larry Sanders /Pachulia /Ayon

PF  Ersan Ilyasova /Bass /Randolph

SF Jeff Green /Delfino

SG OJ Mayo /Crawford

PG Brandon Jennings /Ridnour 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

would anyone do this trade? is it realistic? 

NO WAY Jeff Green gets traded. He is on the verge of becoming a star and the only piece we have to build around right now...nobody knows if Olynyk will continue his success against top tier talent or he could be that guy and Rondo is more than likely on his way out the door. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that's your opinion though. Henson is listed as a PF, but he played a lot of C for the Bucks last season. Olynyk is listed as a C.. so having the two of them at PF/C, no matter which is which, is realistic. you simply don't like the trade because you overvalue Green, which is fine and dandy.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

I like the idea of packaging Jeff for Gallanari who's younger and could be held out for most of the year with that ACL injury. If Danny pulled that off and we could get to the allstar break sitting our two best players, that is guarenteed wiggins.

Even if the Celts end up the worst or 2nd worst team in the NBA, it's not a guaranteed Wiggins.

Remember, in 1997 the Celts had 2 picks in the top 5, but those 2 picks never turned into the #1 pick.

In 2007, the Celts had the 2nd worst record in the league and the Celts couldn't even get the #2 or #3 pick.

[/QUOTE]

You know what I meant. Essentially guarenteed a top7 pick, with a solid chance of getting 1-3.

What about the trade. Do you do a Green for Gallo swap? What if I include Lee for Fournier? I think Gallo is more of a shooter and could complement Rondo. I think Gallo's only 24.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Even if the Celts end up the worst or 2nd worst team in the NBA, it's not a guaranteed Wiggins.

Remember, in 1997 the Celts had 2 picks in the top 5, but those 2 picks never turned into the #1 pick.

In 2007, the Celts had the 2nd worst record in the league and the Celts couldn't even get the #2 or #3 pick.

[/QUOTE]

You know what I meant. Essentially guarenteed a top7 pick, with a solid chance of getting 1-3.

What about the trade. Do you do a Green for Gallo swap? What if I include Lee for Fournier? I think Gallo is more of a shooter and could complement Rondo. I think Gallo's only 24.

[/QUOTE]

for a healthy gallinari i would def do that deal, but he is coming off an ACL injury and makes even more $ than Green. i don't see a clear incentive for boston to make that deal. gallinari is only 2 years younger than green, and the nuggets can't absorb extra salary like the bucks can.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

can you imagine anyone on the C's roster guarding Hibbert right now? lol Olynyk? Henson is 6-11 220 with a 7-5 wingspan. like i said, he will struggle at times being so young, but with his size and athleticism he can do it. he excelled as a small ball 5 for the Bucks. with Sanders (who is a RFA in 2014) at C and Ilyasova at PF (under contract until 2017), Henson is the odd man out for the Bucks.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/17361327/ilyasova-may-be-trading-block

There's a bigger chance of Ilyasova getting traded than Henson.

[/QUOTE]

that article is over a year old. i would prefer Henson, but i think i would also strongly consider taking ilyasova. he is the same age as green with similar production, which according to this boards criteria makes him a budding star, like green. also like green, he can play both forward positions. not as athletic as green, but bigger, and a better rebounder and shooter.

Sections
Shortcuts