building around Rondo.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

building around Rondo.

Looks like Rondo is probably staying at least for a bit longer.  

This references article found on redsarmy 

A source told Sporting News on Monday that, while Ainge gets calls on Rondo regularly, he has no intention of trading him, but rather, wants to see how Rondo operates as the team leader without Pierce and Garnett around.

As one opposing general manager put it, “I don’t think Danny has made a single call about Rondo. He has gotten calls. But it would be wrong to say he has considered shopping him.”

And Rondo is perfectly happy to be part of the Celtics going forward. He has not issued a trade demand or a request or even so much as a trade inquiry, a source told Sporting News. He has no incentive to do so. In fact, Rondo welcomes the challenge of taking over the new-look Celtics, however things might pan out.

Ainge doesn’t have much of a choice in this situation.

Rondo may be 27 and in the prime of his career, but his trade value is diminished significantly because of the ACL injury.

I also think it would be foolish to dump Rondo as part of Tankapalooza 2014. Even if the Celtics strike gold in next year’s draft, Mr. Franchise Savior is going to need help.

The mighty LeBron James went ringless in his 7 seasons in Cleveland. What was the main reason behind his departure? He didn’t have enough help to win a title.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: building around Rondo.

Pretty much agree with your assessment. My biggest difference with most is, Green is better than most give him credit for and so is Bradley.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

interesting..this would seem to dispute other poster's claims that:

A. Rondo wants out

B. Rondo wouldnt want any part in a rebuilding process and has probably demanded a trade

C. Danny is on the phones trying to trade Rondo

D. There is no interest around the league in acquiring Rondo.

this article, along with Danny again coming out yesterday and saying Rondo is here to stay, will probably be ignored.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

interesting..this would seem to dispute other poster's claims that:

A. Rondo wants out

B. Rondo wouldnt want any part in a rebuilding process and has probably demanded a trade

C. Danny is on the phones trying to trade Rondo

D. There is no interest around the league in acquiring Rondo.

this article, along with Danny again coming out yesterday and saying Rondo is here to stay, will probably be ignored.

What Danny says or what Rondo says will have no impact on them.They know for a fact Danny is shopping Rondo and Rondo is demanding out. Now the only evidence they have to go on is their own dislike of Rondo but that doesn't matter because they will happily spin anything to their point of view.

If our GM says he is not shopping Rondo he is just driving up Rondo's trade value and you're an idiot to think otherwise (despite the fact that everyone knew we were shopping Doc, Pierce and KG The Rondo details are secret and not getting out.)

If other GM's concur with the reporting, then they  are in secret trade talks with Danny and have a motive to be quiet (like the nets and clippers were... not!) Basically NOTHING will ever change their mind because it makes them hapy to beleive otherwise. 

kinda weird. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

You got to trust Danny. He's managed Rondo for his entire career. Danny will sit down with him and explain exactly what they're trying to do and Rondo will buy in because that is his only option.

I've said before, Rondo has a prime opportunity here. He can be a leader and the face of the franchise (to manys dismay) and Danny has set him up for sucess. After what will be a tough 2013-14 season, we will have cap flexibility and assets to acquire talented free agents and talented draft picks. I have no doubt that Rondo is talented enough to evolve his current relationship with Danny to the point where eventually he'll have as much influence over the organization as Chis Paul does in Clipperland.

Rondo is a good cornerstone of a franchise because he will make others better. He will continue to get better with his shooting and PG skills. I think we are in a position to land a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft and with that pick, Rondo, Jeff and a free agent signing next summer or 2015 (Kevin Love/Marc Gasol/Monroe/Cousins) we will be able to contend while having a constant string of first round rookie contracts and a bench of Bradley, Olynyk ...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

JT, as much as agreed with your opening post. No one on this board "knows for a fact" and insinuating that "you're an to think otherwise"  are both not  factual and really uneccessary. It's all speculative thinking at this point.

This board has rebounded from the last off season when it was infested with personal tiffs,muck stirrers and people posting just to PO others to the point where many long time posters just stopped coming here. Look 99% of posters on this board are obviously serious Celtic fans just for the fact that they took the time to log in and post. Discussions are fun when people disagree but don't start getting personal. Agree or disagree but we're all just fans. I've posted more times on this board more in the last month because I was layed up for a few weeks and I think it is pretty cool that most posts were point counter point as oppossed to the you stink, no you stink trash that this board had regressed to, I would like to see that trend continue.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

You got to trust Danny. He's managed Rondo for his entire career. Danny will sit down with him and explain exactly what they're trying to do and Rondo will buy in because that is his only option.

I've said before, Rondo has a prime opportunity here. He can be a leader and the face of the franchise (to manys dismay) and Danny has set him up for sucess. After what will be a tough 2013-14 season, we will have cap flexibility and assets to acquire talented free agents and talented draft picks. I have no doubt that Rondo is talented enough to evolve his current relationship with Danny to the point where eventually he'll have as much influence over the organization as Chis Paul does in Clipperland.

Rondo is a good cornerstone of a franchise because he will make others better. He will continue to get better with his shooting and PG skills. I think we are in a position to land a top 10 pick in the 2014 draft and with that pick, Rondo, Jeff and a free agent signing next summer or 2015 (Kevin Love/Marc Gasol/Monroe/Cousins) we will be able to contend while having a constant string of first round rookie contracts and a bench of Bradley, Olynyk ...

Other than the top 10 pick,I agree. If we do get in the lottery I feel it will be by trading the 2 picks we have next year not by missing the playoffs.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Louisio. Show Louisio's posts

The mighty LeBron James went ringless in his 7 seasons in Cleveland. What was the main reason behind his departure? He didn’t have enough help to win a title.

LeBron James and Rajon Rondo shouldn't be mentioned in the same post.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Louisio's comment:

LeBron James and Rajon Rondo shouldn't be mentioned in the same post.

Why they wern't being compared. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Rajon-Hondo's comment:

JT, as much as agreed with your opening post. No one on this board "knows for a fact" and insinuating that "you're an to think otherwise"  are both not  factual and really uneccessary. It's all speculative thinking at this point.

This board has rebounded from the last off season when it was infested with personal tiffs,muck stirrers and people posting just to PO others to the point where many long time posters just stopped coming here. Look 99% of posters on this board are obviously serious Celtic fans just for the fact that they took the time to log in and post. Discussions are fun when people disagree but don't start getting personal. Agree or disagree but we're all just fans. I've posted more times on this board more in the last month because I was layed up for a few weeks and I think it is pretty cool that most posts were point counter point as oppossed to the you stink, no you stink trash that this board had regressed to, I would like to see that trend continue.

I was speaking of a mindset. When someone posts a thread that says things like WHEN (NOT IF) Rondo is traded That implies a high degree of certainty. 

Also, I disagree that my post was a personal attack, in that I called no one names, didn't insult their manhood, or any such thing. What I did do was question their certainty, and their objectivity based on little evidence. 

All that said I'll agree my post was somewhat incendiary, and I agree that does tend to lead flame wars being started which sometimes hurt the board.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Cool.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

A source told Sporting News on Monday that, while Ainge gets calls on Rondo regularly, he has no intention of trading him, but rather, wants to see how Rondo operates as the team leader without Pierce and Garnett around.

As one opposing general manager put it, “I don’t think Danny has made a single call about Rondo. He has gotten calls. But it would be wrong to say he has considered shopping him.”

And Rondo is perfectly happy to be part of the Celtics going forward. He has not issued a trade demand or a request or even so much as a trade inquiry, a source told Sporting News. He has no incentive to do so. In fact, Rondo welcomes the challenge of taking over the new-look Celtics, however things might pan out.

Rondo may be 27 and in the prime of his career, but his trade value is diminished significantly because of the ACL injury.

I also think it would be foolish to dump Rondo as part of Tankapalooza 2014. Even if the Celtics strike gold in next year’s draft, Mr. Franchise Savior is going to need help.

Keeping the guy that cost the team Doc, and Ray, and resulted in the loss of KG and Pierce is not the kind of person that should be the center of anything but a trade. If Danny does anything other than build his trade value, Danny deserves what he gets.

Rondo is not Larry, not Lebron, not Kobe, or Pierce, or KG, and does not deserve hero worship. He is a child with talent, an athlete without disipline or leadership skills. Find someone else.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

In response to jtkl's comment:

[QUOTE]

Keeping the guy that cost the team Doc, and Ray, and resulted in the loss of KG and Pierce is not the kind of person that should be the center of anything but a trade. If Danny does anything other than build his trade value, Danny deserves what he gets.

Rondo is not Larry, not Lebron, not Kobe, or Pierce, or KG, and does not deserve hero worship. He is a child with talent, an athlete without disipline or leadership skills. Find someone else.

[/QUOTE]

True dat. Rondo is Fat Lever w/out the fat...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

For those that have trouble reading between the lines...

No Doc causes rebuild. No Doc requires KG to play the no trade clause to go with Doc, and then with Pierce.

Reading lessons are available cheap.

What other player in the NBA could cause so much damage?

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Fungus, it good to see that you are still spreading!

It renews my faith in human nature.

Enjoy the losing eploits of Raging Rondo. It will be years before we recover.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Ha, the fungus always continues to spread.

Good luck with that.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Fungus, I did not pick the name, others did that.

I have to agree; however, that it is a perfect fit for your personality.

Some day, when you are all growed up, and have been disgarged by your psychiatrists, we can have an intellegent conversation. Until then, continiue to spread to your heart's content.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

fungus is an identity.  Fugus is you.

fungus is what you do. Be proud of what you are.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts