building around Rondo.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: building around Rondo.

Fungus is demonstrating his proof of who Fungus34 really is not by providing evidence or proof, but by asking questions... so simpleminded and unsophisticated

The poor thing is just so stupid he cant handle very much... its really bothering him, the FUNGUS handle he rightfully earned...

THank you CHE!!  I know youre sick of this place because its overrun with fungus ruining every thread but please come back and take a bow..  at least u tagged that loser and he'll forever be remembered as FUNGUS!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I still think Danny is being coy. If he can get a young PG (Larkin?) and get rid of Lee and Bass' contracts, then maybe a Dallas trade works.  I am sure there are other trades out there that work, too.  Rondo is not a fit for a few reasons:

a) he will grow tired of playing for a team that has no shot at being competitive -- expect a lot of sulking and me-first play

b) by the time this team has the pieces to compete again, he will be in his 30s.

c) having Rondo on this team makes it a better team, and if they've chosen to rebuild through the lottery then they don't want Rondo at PG for that reason 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Fungus - Ophiostoma novo-ulmi

I think I found your family.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Jump-ball-overtime's comment:

[QUOTE]

Fungus, it good to see that you are still spreading!

It renews my faith in human nature.

Enjoy the losing eploits of Raging Rondo. It will be years before we recover.

See what I mean?

When you get exposed, you immediately resort to name calling.

In case you didn't know, I already made a proposal trading Rondo and Lee for Asik and Lin.

I'm also in the trade Rondo camp. But saying that Rondo is responsible for KG and Pierce leaving is just simply hating on Rondo.

And Doc and Ray didn't leave because of Rondo. They left because they knew the Celtics were not going to win another championship.

[/QUOTE]

This is why I like reading your posts. I have no problem with those who want to trade Rondo. But the point is he is a good player and a valauble asset. You can try to add other talent around that asset (boy wouldn't Wiggins be nice?) and then compete. Or you move him for other good assets.

You don't trade him for 50 cents on the dollar because you think he is a diva.  Some of these guys are just weird. 

Blaming Rondo for KG, Pierce and Doc is as dumb as it gets. Danny has said a gazillion times holding on to the orginal big three and not getting assets was a mistake. Heck without Rondo KG and Pierce would have been gone two years ago. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Looks like Rondo is probably staying at least for a bit longer.  

This references article found on redsarmy 

A source told Sporting News on Monday that, while Ainge gets calls on Rondo regularly, he has no intention of trading him, but rather, wants to see how Rondo operates as the team leader without Pierce and Garnett around.

As one opposing general manager put it, “I don’t think Danny has made a single call about Rondo. He has gotten calls. But it would be wrong to say he has considered shopping him.”

And Rondo is perfectly happy to be part of the Celtics going forward. He has not issued a trade demand or a request or even so much as a trade inquiry, a source told Sporting News. He has no incentive to do so. In fact, Rondo welcomes the challenge of taking over the new-look Celtics, however things might pan out.

Ainge doesn’t have much of a choice in this situation.

Rondo may be 27 and in the prime of his career, but his trade value is diminished significantly because of the ACL injury.

I also think it would be foolish to dump Rondo as part of Tankapalooza 2014. Even if the Celtics strike gold in next year’s draft, Mr. Franchise Savior is going to need help.

The mighty LeBron James went ringless in his 7 seasons in Cleveland. What was the main reason behind his departure? He didn’t have enough help to win a title.

ADAM KUFMAN seems to think that most of what has been said about Rondo being a huge problem is true.....As a matter of fact, he seems to cooborate ALL of the things I and many other Rondo doubters have been saying for a very very long time. HMMMMMM, do I go with the opinion of JTKL and the rest of the RONDO apologists who think its all just hate and made up, or the one shared by a reputable NBA analyst and writer ADAM KAUFMAN and my own?????? HAHAHAHA!

http://www.boston.com/blogs/sports/columnists/kaufman/2013/07/should_celtics_trade_rajon_rondo.html

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Danny Ainge likes to talk about the three D’s of building a team: draft, develop, and deal. Personally, I’m hoping it’s just two out of three when it comes to Rondo.

tell us how kaufman's stance summarizing last paragraph backs your rondo stance, rally.

bp

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Building around Rondo is about as logical as the Pats building around Tebow.  

Rondo is not the right guy for a team without 3 other superstars.

Rondo will be gone before the next draft.  

Danny has already tried multiple times to dump the petulent one.  and I'm sure that Doc has made his feelings about Rondo explicitly known.  There is no way that Celts mgmt will tolerate the inevitable Rondo clash with a new coach in a rebuilding effort.   By making a public statement saying that he is not shopping Rondo but will listen to all offers is an open invitation to assess the petulent one's current value.

I have no doubt that Danny will pulll the trigger at any time, if the right deal if offered.     

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

Danny Ainge likes to talk about the three D’s of building a team: draft, develop, and deal. Personally, I’m hoping it’s just two out of three when it comes to Rondo.

tell us how kaufman's stance summarizing last paragraph backs your rondo stance, rally.

bp

BP, In order to not write forever here in reminding and beating up on you and the rest of the other Rondo fan club members, I will just say that ANYTHING that was said about RR and his bad 'tude and poor influence on team chemistry has constantly been excused away by you and the rest since last Jan/Feb. Adam K. points out nearly EVERY Issue that we argued about back then, that was qualified by you and the rest as me and those who think like I do as simply being "Rondo Haters" and even being called "racists". Adam isn't a Rondo hater, and I don't think a "racist" yet he is validating every accusation that I made against RR being good for the Celtics by restating and clarifying the issues. For Adam to even have to write the article tells all of you that Rajon is at best, a questionable star in this league, and overrated at a minimum. Now, if you don't see how this strengthens my stance, BP, then you are in denial. Please receive this with as much respect as is due, but it is rediculous that any of you try to rationalize that Rajon Rondo even deserves more chances to prove he is a changed player/man. Damn, what more do you all have to see/hear? The only way Rondo doesn't go is if the other teams are scared away.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Building around Rondo is about as logical as the Pats building around Tebow.  

Rondo is not the right guy for a team without 3 other superstars.

Rondo will be gone before the next draft.  

Danny has already tried multiple times to dump the petulent one.  and I'm sure that Doc has made his feelings about Rondo explicitly known.  There is no way that Celts mgmt will tolerate the inevitable Rondo clash with a new coach in a rebuilding effort.   By making a public statement saying that he is not shopping Rondo but will listen to all offers is an open invitation to assess the petulent one's current value.

I have no doubt that Danny will pulll the trigger at any time, if the right deal if offered.     

The only thing keeping DA from pulling the trigger in the past has been that he can't get anything close to value.

Now DA needs to worry about his own value to team owners considering the turbulence ahead.

If/when  DA mercifully flips Rondo for future pick(s), it will be all  too obvious that drafting Rondo, despite the reg flags from day one about an uber-talented but  selfish, coach-killing hot-head, was a miscalculation  of major proportions.

Live and learn.

Pud 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Rare that a player with a bad rep changes his colors. Rondo is living proof of it and several others have confirmed as much...ie Ray, Doc & coach K.. not to mention what we've all witnessed watching the diva the past years..

Lets hope Rondo is healthy and goes on another stat 0rgy so some GM will get excited, fatasize about increased ticket sales & take this load off our hands for something

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

bp

BP, In order to not write forever here in reminding and beating up on you and the rest of the other Rondo fan club members, I will just say that ANYTHING that was said about RR and his bad 'tude and poor influence on team chemistry has constantly been excused away by you and the rest since last Jan/Feb. Adam K. points out nearly EVERY Issue that we argued about back then, that was qualified by you and the rest as me and those who think like I do as simply being "Rondo Haters" and even being called "racists". Adam isn't a Rondo hater, and I don't think a "racist" yet he is validating every accusation that I made against RR being good for the Celtics by restating and clarifying the issues. For Adam to even have to write the article tells all of you that Rajon is at best, a questionable star in this league, and overrated at a minimum. Now, if you don't see how this strengthens my stance, BP, then you are in denial. Please receive this with as much respect as is due, but it is rediculous that any of you try to rationalize that Rajon Rondo even deserves more chances to prove he is a changed player/man. Damn, what more do you all have to see/hear? The only way Rondo doesn't go is if the other teams are scared away.

bruh, you can't have it both ways to have an out.  You say is a diva and destoys team chemistry ad must go, but if he doesn't go teams are scared away.  Come on, Man!!!!!!!  Everyone is a psychologist around here reading into the minds of GMs.  Take your personal feelings out of this.  Did Rondo steal your girl?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jdm894g's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

bp

bruh, you can't have it both ways to have an out.  You say is a diva and destoys team chemistry ad must go, but if he doesn't go teams are scared away.  Come on, Man!!!!!!!  Everyone is a psychologist around here reading into the minds of GMs.  Take your personal feelings out of this.  Did Rondo steal your girl?

No. i assure you he couldnt do that. BUT, he did steal several hundred hours of my time and attention as a lifelong fan of the greatest NBA organization in the world. His "Me First" attitude doesn't belong. Im a Celtic fan who has little patience for players who put themselves before team or the integrity of the game. I admit there was a time when I had big doubts about PP too at one time. He grew up, but RR is at another level of immaturity and frankly be aint the caliber player leader that PP was either. RR isnt cut from Celtic cloth. Anyone who tries to make themself bigger than the team isn't. Obviously, Many present day fans arent either. all this talk about wanting D12, j-Smoove, and Rondo playing together for us with RR being able to lead shows ZERO basketball IQ and that they are just victims of the hype. Sad. AND I BET THEY EVEN ALREADY BOUGHT THIER SHOES TOO!!! Peace!