Building through the Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Building through the Draft

It works if you are able to draft a couple of studs, but most of the time it is a waste of time.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

Re: Building through the Draft

In response to romneywins' comment:

It works if you are able to draft a couple of studs, but most of the time it is a waste of time.  

And your plan is?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:

Buy players with some experience and upside and at least look like a team, I endured the 20+ years before Garnett and it is ugly.

And your plan is?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

The problem is the Cs are a bad team with a very high payroll. That handcuffs them from getting free agents and very few teams want bad players. Danny does have some expiring contracts coming up that may help. It sure looks like he's building on what he has and looking towards the draft picks. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Guys, with all the draft picks we have, I think Plans A and B are obvious.  If Danny wants a quick rebuild, he will use players and draft picks to get the "stud " players he wants.  He will not mortgage the farm.  That, IMO, is Plan A.

Plan B would be - KEEP all the picks, and build through the draft.  This will take longer, and will require patience, but will reap benefits down the road.

It's a win -win.............

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

Ya gotta draft your own guys ! It's the only way unless your the Lakers, Knicks or LeBron's team......free agents are insanely overpaid....no player would ever want to play in OKC or San Antonio or most any other city, even Boston

Ya gotta draft your own guys and ya gotta hit big on your picks.......I think the Marcus Smart pick will be as great as Portland's Damion Lillard pick .

CELTICS RISING !

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

I do not think it is worse than lottery, lottery year after year and we become the new old Clippers.

Our draft choices this year were not high enough, we are years away from having a team that way and the players we got will not do it for us, look at them.

Buy players with some experience and upside and at least look like a team, I endured the 20+ years before Garnett and it is ugly.

Seriously, the reason why some of us endured 20+ years is because the Celts front office, at that time, refused to build through the draft.

What happened after Bird retired?

Celts signed Xavier McDaniel to replace Bird instead of building through the draft.

After that, the Celts signed a 35-year old Dominique Wilkins in 1994.

Signing players like Parsons or Hayward will only make you a middle of the pack team.

That's worse than being a lottery team.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts