Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back!

We worry about the Heat but a potentially a much more sound team is coming down the pike.  The Bulls have size,  a real creator and scorer in Rose,  a constructed complementary "team", and a tough defensive mindedness implemented by their coach Tom Thibodeau the former Celtics defensive coach.  

I smell real trouble from these guys and hope we can hold them off this year and next.  The Heat will have real trouble with them as well as the Bulls like the Celtics play as a five man team.  The only difference is that Rose as he did tonight takes over the team's offense when things are going well and guys stand around.  We can beat them if healthy but they are a good young team.

I think the Celtics should focus on stopping the other four guys and let Rose try to beat them.  It worked well in the Bird years against Jordan until they got old and injured. Jordan had to wait for the Pistons to get old as well.  Let's hope it goes the same way the next two years.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back!

So what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  ....not worried about CHI-town.  It's 2011 not 96 with MJ.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

They are playing well though, aren't they? Coach T gotta be front runner for coach of the year. Or at least right there with Pops. I like the fact that Coach T is doing so well. Kudos Coach.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back!:
    [QUOTE]Boozer is not a winner. That's all I'm saying.
    Posted by DFURY13[/QUOTE]
    Remember in the 4th quarter of one game Coach T benched him? T showed him who is in charge. Maybe he knows how to handle Boozer. I'll play the wait and see game before I call him (Boozer) a loser.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In Response to Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back!:
    [QUOTE]We worry about the Heat but a potentially a much more sound team is coming down the pike.  The Bulls have size,  a real creator and scorer in Rose,  a constructed complementary "team", and a tough defensive mindedness implemented by their coach Tom Thibodeau the former Celtics defensive coach.   I smell real trouble from these guys and hope we can hold them off this year and next.  The Heat will have real trouble with them as well as the Bulls like the Celtics play as a five man team.  The only difference is that Rose as he did tonight takes over the team's offense when things are going well and guys stand around.  We can beat them if healthy but they are a good young team. I think the Celtics should focus on stopping the other four guys and let Rose try to beat them.  It worked well in the Bird years against Jordan until they got old and injured. Jordan had to wait for the Pistons to get old as well.  Let's hope it goes the same way the next two years.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Except that we probably won't be sagging off of Rose like others do Rondo. Otherwise, Rose drops 60 points.

Rose was other-worldly last night.

What a motor!

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bulls are scary

A month ago I was getting anger that we might lose the #1 seed to miami b/c it would mean facing Chicago in rd 2 and probably needing a 7th game at home to beat them... now? I still feel that way but have a sinking feeling we'll need the 2 seed just to beat the bulls... and may not get it. Make a trade Danny!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back! : Agreed. Except that we probably won't be sagging off of Rose like others do Rondo. Otherwise, Rose drops 60 points. Rose was other-worldly last night. What a motor! Pud
    Posted by puddinpuddin[/QUOTE]
    I think Rose is the best point guard in the league right now, but I thought this was about how dangerous a TEAM Chicago is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls beat Spurs and have Noah coming back! : I think Rose is the best point guard in the league right now, but I thought this was about how dangerous a TEAM Chicago is.
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

That too. Wait til Noah comes back. Should be a great, great rivalry.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

The Bulls are really a terrific team this year and will only get better with the return of Noah.   They will be a very difficult matchup in the playoffs for any team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Pud,
    You finally have a team with a point guard that suits you. Congrats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Rose is a future MVP. He (and Noah) will bring championships to Chicago.
    This year must be ours! All we need is Battier or Rip. Jo, Nate, Quis and Gody we should try to dump somewhere.
    I like Rondo a lot but I seriously doubt once the big 3 are gone he'll be able to carry the franchise like Rose is doing.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

This is why it's so important to get first seed in the east.  I'd much rather face orlando than chicago.  Let them bang around with the heat while we slice through the hapless magic.

I still don't see SanAn as a team that's going to win it all.  They seem consistent against the mid level teams, but they don't seem to win the big games.  Lakers yeah, but lakers are losing to everybody this year.

Have the spurs played the heat?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Pud, You finally have a team with a point guard that suits you. Congrats.

I've set the bar impossibly high, I know... but I   do expect a Celtic  PG to be able to draw more than disinterest from his own defender.

Cousy spoiled me I guess.

Pud 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Cousy was great, he is a big admirer of the PG you see as so one dimensional.

DJ would have loved him to.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Derrick Rose will be less a factor if you let him have the mid-range shot.  He will still score plenty but the Bulls will never beat a team like the Celtics.  Rose's first inclination is to create off the  dribble.  Playoff basketball  will make it harder for him to operate. 

Let's not get carried away this guy is not Jordan. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Cousy was great, he is a big admirer of the PG you see as so one dimensional. DJ would have loved him to.

DJ is rolling over in his grave... and Cousy???

Generous to a fault when Rondo broke his assist record. All class.

But ever wonder why he no longer does color?

Could candor have gotten him in trouble with ownership?

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Cousy is over eighty now and unable to this type of work.  Pud I think you need to see some of Cousy's comments on Rondo they are glowing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]Cousy is over eighty now and unable to this type of work.  Pud I think you need to see some of Cousy's comments on Rondo they are glowing.

Cousy was unceremoniously let go. It caused quite a stir.

Pud

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Thibadou deserves a lot of credit. They are the number one defensive team so far this year. Once again another team learns the Celtic way to succeed.

While beating the Spurs always draws notice, it was a home game for Chicago, just before the All-Star break, a time when many teams let down their guard.

Someone posted on this board recently that the statistics show that the home team wins 70% of the time.

I will reserve judgement as to there chances against the Celtics, but a healthy Celtics team has to be the standard by which other teams are judged.

My power ranking for the play-offs in a seven game series is as follows:

1. Celtics
    2. Lakers
    3. Mavericks
    4. Spurs
    5. Heat

6... Everyone else.

Records are important, however, regular season motivation and short term team health can be significant factors in the regular season. Play-off teams have to have the personnel to play strong half court offense, and strong all around defense. The Spurs are motivated, but front court size is a problem in a seven game series with the Lakers.The Lakers are not motivated, but do have size. Dirk usually folds in the play-offs with tough defense, but this Maverick team seams more well rounded. The Heat can be stopped with a solid five player team, and team defense.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Good post Jump ball,

I think the Bulls look good, but have a lot to prove.  One is that Rose can even be a dominant player like Jordan and Kobe.  I believe dependent on dominant players like these will still fall to a healthy Celtics team in a seven game series.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

The Bulls are a contender but I'm surprised that this is coming as a surprise to this poster and a few others. You didn't see this coming? I had the Bulls all season as soon as they signed a couple solid guys in the offseason, and it sure didn't make me a genius. Yes, they are going to be a team to deal with. They are a tougher matchup for us than the Heat. Having said that just because they beat the Spurs on a given night doesn't mean they are so much better than everyone else. They are a good team and we need to be aware of them.

Leave it to a loser troll like Pud to turn this thread into yet another Rondo bashing session. Pud why don't you get a Rose jersey and move on out of this forum, we'd all be the better for it. By the way Pud Rose was the NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK in the draft when he came out, so don't be surprised he's better than our guy. You need a life.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

bulls scare me most out of anyone from the east. but i think if we play well. we will win in 6 or 7 games. that is the only team i am scared of in the east. and im hoping miami or orlando knocks them off first.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]The Bulls are a contender but I'm surprised that this is coming as a surprise to this poster and a few others. You didn't see this coming? I had the Bulls all season as soon as they signed a couple solid guys in the offseason, and it sure didn't make me a genius. Yes, they are going to be a team to deal with. They are a tougher matchup for us than the Heat. Having said that just because they beat the Spurs on a given night doesn't mean they are so much better than everyone else. They are a good team and we need to be aware of them. Leave it to a loser troll like Pud to turn this thread into yet another Rondo bashing session. Pud why don't you get a Rose jersey and move on out of this forum, we'd all be the better for it. By the way Pud Rose was the NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK in the draft when he came out, so don't be surprised he's better than our guy. You need a life.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

BTS: How many times have you gleefully sworn in black/white to have me on IGNORE only to backslide, read my posts  and then start calling me names?

I count at least 5 times. Maybe more.

Either IGNORE me or ENGAGE me. Your choice... but stop the petty sniping. 

Old maxim: "People who say... don't do. People who do... don't say."

Think about it.

Pud

Sections
Shortcuts