BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

i think the heat are due! they may even sweep this series although the bulls swept them during the regular season. the heat remind me of the red sox when they finally beat the big bad yanks in 2004 and got the monkey off their backs. World series was just a formality as we swept. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Re: BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD

Has nothing to do with monkey's on their backs, it has to do with what TEAM the NBA Commish wants to WIN it ! (PERIOD)

It's looking like the HEAT!! this year - I'm afraid. 

It will be interesting to see IF Chicago can PLAY their 'shut-down' DEFENSE on Lebron and Wade like they did during the regular season!  I doubt they'll be able to only b/c Lebron and Wade gets way too many calls.

Another way this thing could go too, is since MIAMI put it ALL IN for the Boston series, they may look like chumps this series.  It almost looked liked they just won the NBA title the other night - so who knows....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]i think the heat are due! they may even sweep this series although the bulls swept them during the regular season. the heat remind me of the red sox when they finally beat the big bad yanks in 2004 and got the monkey off their backs. World series was just a formality as we swept. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]

I really hope that the Bulls win this series.  I dislike Miami and don't want to see them win this year.  I believe it will be a close series and should go to 6 or 7 games. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

In Response to Re: BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]In Response to BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : I really hope that the Bulls win this series.  I dislike Miami and don't want to see them win this year.  I believe it will be a close series and should go to 6 or 7 games. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    y hate on the heat? greatness should always be embraced. chasing them will make us much better and the nba better by default in the same way bird-magic improved things, as did jordan and his 6 titles, shaq-kobe, spurs, and our big 3.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

In Response to BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD:
    [QUOTE]i think the heat are due! they may even sweep this series although the bulls swept them during the regular season. the heat remind me of the red sox when they finally beat the big bad yanks in 2004 and got the monkey off their backs. World series was just a formality as we swept. 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN[/QUOTE]
    Great analogy but hated it since I'm a Bomber. Bummer! Good luck this week end.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]Has nothing to do with monkey's on their backs, it has to do with what TEAM the NBA Commish wants to WIN it ! (PERIOD) It's looking like the HEAT!! this year - I'm afraid.  It will be interesting to see IF Chicago can PLAY their 'shut-down' DEFENSE on Lebron and Wade like they did during the regular season!  I doubt they'll be able to only b/c Lebron and Wade gets way too many calls. Another way this thing could go too, is since MIAMI put it ALL IN for the Boston series, they may look like chumps this series.  It almost looked liked they just won the NBA title the other night - so who knows....
    Posted by NOISE[/QUOTE]
    If the C's would have driven to the hole instead of settling for jumps shots, the ref bias wouldn't exist.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : Great analogy but hated it since I'm a Bomber. Bummer! Good luck this week end.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]

The Red Sox need a miracle to save their season this year.  Not sure what happened, but if they don't start to turn things around their season it will be over by the end of May. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls are going to handle the Heat.  Comparing the overpampered, egomaniacal, and instantly formed Heat to the ultimate underdogs Red Sox of 2004 is a terrible analogy.

I mean really it was not that far back the Red Sox were underdogs and came back in the greatest come back in the history of sports.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : If the C's would have driven to the hole instead of settling for jumps shots, the ref bias wouldn't exist.
    Posted by Bralon[/QUOTE]
    agreed

heat in 6

d-rose is going to find out why being the lone superstar on a team is a rough way to go through the playoffs

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]The Bulls are going to handle the Heat.  Comparing the overpampered, egomaniacal, and instantly formed Heat to the ultimate underdogs Red Sox of 2004 is a terrible analogy. I mean really it was not that far back the Red Sox were underdogs and came back in the greatest come back in the history of sports.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]
    just like the celtics handled the heat right?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Jimmy,
    The Celtics were not healthy. The Bulls are and have younger bodies. I am not passionate about this choice as my team the Celtics are out.  I am however confident the Bulls will handle the Heat and expose issues that we saw with the HEat earlier in the season.  We will see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]The Bulls are going to handle the Heat. 

Yes you probably said the celtics were going to handle the heat as well. Sometimes dreams do not come true you know.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wade3. Show Wade3's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy, The Celtics were not healthy. The Bulls are and have younger bodies. I am not passionate about this choice as my team the Celtics are out.  I am however confident the Bulls will handle the Heat and expose issues that we saw with the HEat earlier in the season.  We will see.

The celtics even with rondo and shac injured have more talent than the bulls.

Im not saying its going to be easy but its very possible that the heat can beat the bulls.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Wade,
    I was wrong about this last series.  Being a Celtics fan blinded me to the fatigue and injuries.  Still I think the  Bulls are a more physical team than the Celtics were  in the playoffs and they have a superstar that your avatar is going to have to expend himself trying to cover.  The Bulls have home court and a lot of young bodies to throw at the Heat. Thibodeau is very aware how to beat them.

My incorrect call however in the Heat-Celtics series makes me a poor indicator and you may prove  right again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

My only prediction is that it will a very phyiscal series and whoever wins will probably come out pretty dinged up...it likely gets nasty if the Heat remain chippy, which I suspect they will

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Starting 9-8, and having a mid-season slump with the coach's "crying" comments are the best thing that could have happened to this team, because champions have to face adversity.  The 07-08 Celtics didn't face any adversity in regular season, and then played back to back 7 game series to open the playoffs.  The 99-00 Lakers also cruised through the regular season, only to face elimination games against Sac and Portland.  In contrast, the Cavs fans of the last 2 years cruised through the regular season and then could not handle the adversity when it showed up in the form of Orlando and Boston.  If the Heat had cruised this whole year, Boston (and now Chicago) might have had legitimate chances.  But the Heat have already faced the worst, so they are primed for the title.  They'll roast Chicago in 5, maybe 6 games.  They could have a little trouble in the Finals but they'll have home court and most likely prevail.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : The Red Sox need a miracle to save their season this year.  Not sure what happened, but if they don't start to turn things around their season it will be over by the end of May. 
    Posted by susan250[/QUOTE]
    susan, they are about to take off! sox will and tampa will beat the yanks to the playoffs when its all said and done. lackey can tbe this bad all year. they have depth, bull pen will be getting better. no way pedroia hit this bad thru may. season doesnt start tuil middle june. gonzo and ortiz can carry this team. plus they have speed with crawford and ellsbury. i do not wory about the sox. this is as bad as its going to get. better to get it out of the way in april/ may.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]Jimmy, The Celtics were not healthy. The Bulls are and have younger bodies. I am not passionate about this choice as my team the Celtics are out.  I am however confident the Bulls will handle the Heat and expose issues that we saw with the HEat earlier in the season.  We will see.
    the bulls arent as talented as the celtics

the issues the heat had earlier in the year were mostly about cohesiveness and not lack of talent

besides, im not exactly worried about the bigs from the bulls bullying the heat bigs(especially with the way joel anthony is playing on defense)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BULLS-HEAT SERIES THREAD : the bulls arent as talented as the celtics the issues the heat had earlier in the year were mostly about cohesiveness and not lack of talent besides, im not exactly worried about the bigs from the bulls bullying the heat bigs(especially with the way joel anthony is playing on defense)
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

7 games with one team scoring in the 70s each night...... not sure who wins.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I think the Heat win in 6. But it could be a good series. I'm not sure who I'm rooting for. I'm leaning towards the Bulls but the idea of a rematch of 06 with the Heat and Mavericks could be a nice attraction.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

Heat in 5 or 6!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

cant believe how badly the bulls pushed around the heat. lost by 20. bulls are so much more athletic than the celts were. forgot how we could have won. will be a close series but wouldnt shock me any more if bulls somehow do it. heat were perhaps too overjoyed to beat the celts..

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I didn't realize that y'all had a Bulls-Heat Series Thread: This is what I posted elsewhere:

Miami's weaknesses are: weak pg, no size on their front court, and a lack of depth. The Bulls don't have much size on their front court either but they have more than what Boston had. Miami's elimination of Boston was as deceptive as Boston's elimination of New York. It hid some pretty big deficiencies. The Bulls may have the most depth in the NBA. In fact, their bench is probably the best defensive unit in the NBA. We saw big stretches where Thibodeau allowed his bench to play long periods of time against Miami's starting unit and more than held their own. Miami was overwhelmed by waves of athletic players. Boston has a lot of depth as well but as we all saw, Doc Rivers refused to utilize the talent available to him that might have helped Boston pull out the series or make it more competitive. Unfortunately though, Boston still didn't have anybody outside of JON to man the middle. That's not enough. This series is far from over as Chicago has weaknesses as well: Lack of size in their front court, no shooters outside of Rose but they make up for it by having the genius behind the success of the Boston Celtics the last few years: Thibodeau.

Let's not underestimate Thib's coaching abilities or give too much credit to the Heat for eliminating Boston. Guys, these Celtics that got eliminated were not as good as the team that won the Finals in '08. These Celtics are not as deep as that team was, Doc relied too much on the "Big Three" who are now in their mid-30's add the injury to Rondo and you have a 4-1 disaster. Boston fought tough but age, injury, and lack of depth (of use of that depth) ended Boston's chances at adding another title this year. I believe that the Bulls will win this series 4-2.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Great win by the Bulls last night.  I hope that they can continue to play like this for the remainder of the series.  I really would like to see them win the championship this year. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't realize that y'all had a Bulls-Heat Series Thread: This is what I posted elsewhere: Miami's weaknesses are: weak pg, no size on their front court, and a lack of depth. The Bulls don't have much size on their front court either but they have more than what Boston had. Miami's elimination of Boston was as deceptive as Boston's elimination of New York. It hid some pretty big deficiencies. The Bulls may have the most depth in the NBA. In fact, their bench is probably the best defensive unit in the NBA. We saw big stretches where Thibodeau allowed his bench to play long periods of time against Miami's starting unit and more than held their own. Miami was overwhelmed by waves of athletic players. Boston has a lot of depth as well but as we all saw, Doc Rivers refused to utilize the talent available to him that might have helped Boston pull out the series or make it more competitive. Unfortunately though, Boston still didn't have anybody outside of JON to man the middle. That's not enough. This series is far from over as Chicago has weaknesses as well: Lack of size in their front court, 
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]must give thibs credit for being able to totally change right in the middle of the game. he has shown that he can change his personnel and players in mid-game. i dont believe he would stayed with the core 4 as the celts did once it became clear 2 months ago we had hit a permanent wall. pierce should have been coming off the bench way back then. you cant keep doing the same thing, its called insanity! doc is a bit too loyal which impacts the results on the court. jeff green should have beeen starting at some point. a thibs would have at least tried it. so yeah, game 1 was huge. i see chicago winning in 6 or 7!

Sections
Shortcuts