Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!

I wonder why some of the fans are scared of the Bulls when they don't even have a reliable SG! 

However, I think the Bulls are a better regular season team than the Celtics right now. The Bulls didn't make changes at the trade deadline so they have continuity. Can the Celtics hold them off for the #1 seed in the east? I'm not sure. But I truly believe if it's Bulls vs. Celtics in the east finals the Celts will beat the Bulls!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!

Will be an exciting series if it comes about. The last time Boston played Chicago in a finals series was one of the best series I've ever seen. If it's anything like that it'll be brilliant.

The danger that the Bulls possess is that they are a team. Rather than a group of individuals like Miami.

They may not beat the Celtics. But I wouldn't write them off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!:
    Will be an exciting series if it comes about. The last time Boston played Chicago in a finals series was one of the best series I've ever seen. If it's anything like that it'll be brilliant. The danger that the Bulls possess is that they are a team. Rather than a group of individuals like Miami. They may not beat the Celtics. But I wouldn't write them off.
    Posted by RUWorthy

But Miami is more of a threat, if they can get their act together, than the Bulls.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Agreed.  Miami is a more viable potential threat.  But it doesn't matter; the C's won't beat either of these teams if they can't figure out how to play both sides of the court. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : I agree with you.  These last two loses were just devastating in that regard.  I would much rather face an Indiana, Charlotee in the first round, although I think the Bucks are going to get themsleves together and the could be tough with Brandon Jennings and Bogut in playoff form. 
    Posted by ShepherdCall

I also agree that losing these last two games definitely weren't good for the Celtics.  Especially since we have a couple of back to back games to play.   It would be nice to see them win all of the back to back games that they play for the remainder of the season, but I don't think that will happen. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Waynestarr. Show Waynestarr's posts

Let's not fool ourselves. They may not be a championship team yet, but they can very well be a formidable opponent against the C's. They have a budding superstar(if he's not a superstar already), and they have a good defensive coach in Thibs who knows the C's in and out.

If we're not healthy during the playoffs, it could be a tossup between who wins between the 2 teams.

Chicago is only a couple of pieces away from being the future juggernaut of the East.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

Rose can be shut down. I think the way you beat the Bulls is to make everyone else beat you. When Rose plays bad they lose. It wont be so easy to get in the lane come playoffs and I'm not just talking about the Celtics defence.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The Bulls have twenty  games left and they don't play anybody tough but us?  Let me see that schedule.  It makes no sense.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

They do have any easy schedule I just checked.  However a lot of those easy teams are playing much better.  The bulls are not going to play well every night. There will be some losses.  All we have to do is get healthy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!:
    I wonder why some of the fans are scared of the Bulls when they don't even have a reliable SG!  However, I think the Bulls are a better regular season team than the Celtics right now. The Bulls didn't make changes at the trade deadline so they have continuity. Can the Celtics hold them off for the #1 seed in the east? I'm not sure. But I truly believe if it's Bulls vs. Celtics in the east finals the Celts will beat the Bulls!
    Posted by P34

Well let's see, the point guard is head and shoulders about Rondo, Deng is a bad match up for Pierce, Boozer is a lot for KG to handle, and Noah is better than either Shaq or Krstic....... hmmm I wonder.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

They may not be a championship team yet, but they have the potential of knocking of a contendor in the playoffs. They're on a roll and are full of confidence right now. The Celts. need to beat them when they play them next to send them a message. They're a young team and are vulnerable to a losing streak after this winning streak with an emotional loss.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from edcap99. Show edcap99's posts

In Response to Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet!:
    I wonder why some of the fans are scared of the Bulls when they don't even have a reliable SG!  However, I think the Bulls are a better regular season team than the Celtics right now. The Bulls didn't make changes at the trade deadline so they have continuity. Can the Celtics hold them off for the #1 seed in the east? I'm not sure. But I truly believe if it's Bulls vs. Celtics in the east finals the Celts will beat the Bulls!
    Posted by P34
    The Bulls have wonderful team chemistry despite lacking individual stars.  Tom Thibodeau must have brought over the concept of Ubuntu together with his defensive coaching prowess. The Celtics have lost that chemistry since Danny Ainge made the controversial moves trading away 1/3 of the roster. While the newbies on the team may have stronger skill sets than those they replaced, they have yet to integrate into the system. Fortunately, there is still time for the team to integrate as a whole and gel. Celtics need to revisit Ubuntu.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Bulls are number 1 seed now I'm sorry to say, just look at the schedule, there's no way, Celts have a number of loseable games, the Bulls virtually none (except the one game they play each other).  A #7 seed will be Philly or Knicks probably, while an 8 is someone like Indiana or Milwaukee.  Losing these past two games has been quite significant, and the Bulls benefit.
    Posted by soxnewmex

Right now the Celts are still the #1 seed. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : Right now the Celts are still the #1 seed. 
    Posted by P34

The Bulls went the first 30 games or so without Boozer and then went another 20 games or so without Noah..... not tough to think they would not have at least 5 more wins by now had they both been healthy..... you can say the same for the Cs.

They have played 3 games head to head and the Cs won 1 by 12, the Bulls won 1 by 11 (the most recent game) and the Cs won 1 game by 5.

The Heat have no front court, the Magic are a jump shooting team - let Howard get his points and let the rest of the team beat you from outside - not going to happen.

The Bulls however do have the best defensive team in the league - can we say Thibodeau?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

They have a great coach a great PG and a pretty good bench sounds like the makings of a championship team to me.  If we finish 2 or 3 we are gonna have a pretty hard time.... gonna miss Perk .... o wait we have Shaq on our side!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

They have a great coach a great PG and a pretty good bench sounds like the makings of a championship team to me.  If we finish 2 or 3 we are gonna have a pretty hard time.... gonna miss Perk .... o wait we have Shaq on our side!!
    Posted by KGLove

They have a great PG, that's true. The great coach part is not yet determined. How many playoff wins, as head coach, does Thibs have?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : They have a great PG, that's true. The great coach part is not yet determined. How many playoff wins, as head coach, does Thibs have?
    Posted by P34

Oh I see, let's think of it a little bit differently..... which team went the first 30 games without their 2nd best player?  which team then went the next 25 or so games without their 3rd best player?  which team in spite of those problems has the best defense in the league?  which team has the consensus MVP at the point?  Oh and which team will be tied with Cs for the best record in the East after tonight? 

Must have a c rappy coach......is there anyway you could at least adopt some level of objectivity?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Chicago is a bigger threat than the Heat because they have more weapons and their big people deliver more than the Heat bigs.  In addition, the Bulls top guy plays against one of our weak points (point guard defense).  

However, I still say the C's win because we are deeper and more experienced int he playoffs and our Big 4 is better than their top 4.  Rose is their only real advantage.  The other guys are good, but at each spot, we are equal or better.

We just have to get healthy and we have the better team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDUDDER. Show TheDUDDER's posts

Chicago is a bigger threat than the Heat because they have more weapons and their big people deliver more than the Heat bigs.  In addition, the Bulls top guy plays against one of our weak points (point guard defense).   However, I still say the C's win because we are deeper and more experienced int he playoffs and our Big 4 is better than their top 4.  Rose is their only real advantage.  The other guys are good, but at each spot, we are equal or better. We just have to get healthy and we have the better team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I believe in one of the greatest series every played Rondo was praised, etc. and almost averaged a triple double...... Rose outscored him in that series......  Rose is now an MVP candidate..... Rondo still is a byproduct of whom he plays with.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : Oh I see, let's think of it a little bit differently..... which team went the first 30 games without their 2nd best player?  which team then went the next 25 or so games without their 3rd best player?  which team in spite of those problems has the best defense in the league?  which team has the consensus MVP at the point?  Oh and which team will be tied with Cs for the best record in the East after tonight?  Must have a c rappy coach......is there anyway you could at least adopt some level of objectivity?
    Posted by TheDUDDER

You really going to bring up injured players?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : They have a great PG, that's true. The great coach part is not yet determined. How many playoff wins, as head coach, does Thibs have?
    Posted by P34

Look what he's done in his first season... last year the Bulls barely made the playoffs... 8th seed and only because Bosh was hurt at the end of the year and the raptors couldn't win without him.... He is a GREAT coach DEFENSE wins Championships ... and unlike Miami they have been able to beat the top teams

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls Not a Championship Team, Yet! : Look what he's done in his first season... last year the Bulls barely made the playoffs... 8th seed and only because Bosh was hurt at the end of the year and the raptors couldn't win without him.... He is a GREAT coach DEFENSE wins Championships ... and unlike Miami they have been able to beat the top teams
    Posted by KGLove

Coaching in the regular season is different from coaching in the playoffs. I will never say Thibs is not a great coach. But how he coaches in the playoffs will determine if he's really a great coach or not. 

For example, former Cavs coach Mike Brown, who led the Cavs to back to back 60-win seasons in 2009 and 2010. Is he a great coach? 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good point about Mike Crown, P34.  Very good point.  But, Thibs was in the Celts system for multiple years and learned from Doc, Danny, and the organization.  He'll do fine in the playoffs.  But, Teacher will be the Student this time around!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

28-4 at Home. If Rose goes, so does the Bulls...

Sections
Shortcuts