Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

The fact that they are only down 12 is amazing

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : You got to be kidding? If not for Rondo this team would be losing by 40 ....he is one of the few on the Cs with any sort of energy ....father time yeah...bad drafts YEAH but not Rondo Posted by CASox[/QUOTE] I know you were talking about Doc. I think they ARE trying. It's not their effort nor Docs effort. The issue is ability to execute and not Docs nor anyone else's motivation. IMO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed:
    [QUOTE]The fact that they are only down 12 is amazing
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    It's all Rondo.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I can't believe that "the Corpse" actually got off the ground to slam the ball!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

there we go, within single digits...refs missed gibson blatantly holding KG and missed the foul at the end of the quarter on rondo, but oh well...keep it up C's!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Ill tell you one thing that KG still does well ....running to players and picking them up when they hit the floor...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

They are showing a pulse out there!!!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : True that CASOX. Effort. I remember I could not outjump players but I knew how to box them out. Look at Larry Bird, he was not a leaper, but he could box out with the best of them and come down with the board. Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE] When Garnett was young he did it too. But when Bird got old and his back hurt, people ran around him and over him, too. Same for McHale. Everybody gets old so stop remembering them only when they were young.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": I know you were talking about Doc. I think they ARE trying. It's not their effort nor Docs effort. The issue is ability to execute and not Docs nor anyone else's motivation. IMO.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]
    You are right. We are talking about 3 Hall of Famers who have a lot of pride. They are trying. They have gotten older. There was the lockouts effect on conditioning. Let's also not forget how Doc is giving them way too many minutes while at the same time not utilizing his bench. The Big Three's last hurrah was in '10 when the Celtics were clearly robbed in the Finals.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": [QUOTE]They are showing a pulse out there!!!!!! Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE] Defense and rebounding help.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

KG can do that whenever he wants!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

Wow...there is life!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed": When Garnett was young he did it too. But when Bird got old and his back hurt, people ran around him and over him, too. Same for McHale. Everybody gets old so stop remembering them only when they were young.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life[/QUOTE]

The good old days. I know, everyone gets old. But old people can still box out can't they? Get a body and block out. If everyone has a body blocked the ball should hit the floor.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

OH MY GOD

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Hitting a few shots and getting some stops. Come on Paul, don't blow it now that you are back. Keep it going.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : You got to be kidding? If not for Rondo this team would be losing by 40 ....he is one of the few on the Cs with any sort of energy ....father time yeah...bad drafts YEAH but not Rondo
    Posted by CASox[/QUOTE]
    Rondo's a good player but not a great one.  Great players work on improving their deficiencies in the offseason.  They try and add to their game.  I haven't seen Rondo do that.  If you'd like me to jog your memory, just remember those times when he passes up a layup to pass the ball out to someone. 
    Until he develops a consistent midrange jumper and his free throw percentage is at least in the mid 70% range, Rondo will be bringing some fairly good size liabilities to each game he starts.
    Might I add that as his shooting ability improves, the aspects of his game that are already good will become even better as defenders will have to compensate for his better shooting.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Rondo has willed this team back. To think that people have been blaming him for the Celtics troubles!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont like the lockout excuse.  These guys must of thought the season was going to be cancelled.  They should have been working out as if the season was going to happen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

WE ARE DOWN BY ONE POINT!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

1 point game...who would have thought?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : The good old days. I know, everyone gets old. But old people can still box out can't they? Get a body and block out. If everyone has a body blocked the ball should hit the floor.
    Posted by antiqueman1[/QUOTE]

Yes... and look at whats happening now... chicago isnt getting second and third shots like the first half because they are putting a body on people

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

bradley actually hasnt stunk it up out there tonight, he is playing D pretty well on rose

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Hitting open jumpers also helps.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

If they would have started out like the way they are playing now they would be up and ready to close out the bulls!!!  These slow starts forces those old legs to epend more energy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CASox. Show CASox's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : Rondo's a good player but not a great one.  Great players work on improving their deficiencies in the offseason.  They try and add to their game.  I haven't seen Rondo do that.  If you'd like me to jog your memory, just remember those times when he passes up a layup to pass the ball out to someone.  Until he develops a consistent midrange jumper and his free throw percentage is at least in the mid 70% range, Rondo will be bringing some fairly good size liabilities to each game he starts. Might I add that as his shooting ability improves, the aspects of his game that are already good will become even better as defenders will have to compensate for his better shooting.
    Posted by breaktime[/QUOTE]

Not the point man...you implied the Cs were bad because of him and that is so not the truth.

Sections
Shortcuts