Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed

In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed:
    [QUOTE]When Doc can realized that Stiemsma and Moore can really play the basketball for the celtics? I cannot get the rationale of Doc not playing the two guys particularly Stiemsma...
    Posted by bangkoker[/QUOTE]
    It's because Doc has been carried by the Big Three for so long that he fears the unknown. My guess is that he is hoping that they will revert to what they were two years ago.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

After seeing Pierce play since coming back.  He is DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I love Pierce, but he is done.  He is old.  He is not that out of shape or hurt.  If and I mean if he is hurt then he is being selfish by being out there and hurting the team.  If he is out of shape he should have sat out until he was in better shape. Fathertime is undefeated.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : It's because Doc has been carried by the Big Three for so long that he fears the unknown. My guess is that he is hoping that they will revert to what they were two years ago.
    Posted by guyfromtex[/QUOTE]

Aint happening!!!!!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

My lowered expectations for this season have just been lowered another notch.
    In this contracted season, I don't expect the C's to so round into to shape so much as struggle to catch their breath as the season proceeds.  Barring some original thinking from Doc concerning his lineup/rotations or DA pulling a rabbit out of his hat, I think the C's are just as likely to miss the playoffs as make them this year. 
    It's a coin toss.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Doc's FOB ... January 13th, 2012 Celtics-Bulls pregame Posted by Steve Bulpett at 7:22 pm The Celtics will not have Keyon Dooling against the Bulls tonight. The backup guard will miss this game and not make the trip to Indiana for tomorrow night’s game because of a sore right knee. Doc Rivers said that rookie E’Twaun Moore will get more of a look tonight. Then again, Rivers also said recently that Moore had passed Avery Bradley on the depth chart , but Bradley was the pick over Moore in that spot the next game and since.      
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    CONSPIRACY THEORY: Doc Rivers is purposely not utilizing his best players off the bench to allow Boston a better draft pick.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

The difference in this game was not the rebounding.  We definitely could have rebounded better but our problem is SCORING (or shooting the basketball).

We have nobody who can score.  Our leading scorer had only 16 points.  We missed too many shots in the 1st half.  We could not score in the 1st half.  If we could have shot 47% in the first half, the Bulls don't have that big of a rebounding advantage.  If we hit half our shots in the first quarter, we're in the game.

I've said it over and over, the Celtics need players who can put the ball in the basket.  Our defense, although lacking at times, is not the problem.  We were next to last in rebounding in the NBA last season so our lack of rebounding is nothing new.  Our issue is a lack of scoring.  Outrebounded 46-33 and 11-8 in offensive rebounds.  That's not horrible.  We just can't score when we need a basket.

Two main sources for that in the past, Pierce and KG, are just not giving us what is needed to make this team good.  Let's get on the plane and try to get it straight in Indy.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Your both right.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Time to have KG coming in off the bench. Play Steamer. What is to lose besides another game. Or have Pierce come off the bench until he decides he is ready to play ball. Again, Doc is loyal to a fault(hints of Francona). Mix this group up. There is some talent out there. It just needs to be a combo of youth and age. The sooner the better......

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bangkoker. Show bangkoker's posts

Now I saw the burst of energy to the rim of JJJ we can use him against athletic teams by playing the small forward position...Moore can play catch and shoot if given a chance by Doc...Stiemsma can anchor our defense like Gortat...What do you think?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

[QUOTE]Why throw in the towel after 9 or ten games .... but whether he wants to win or lose he still must play the yoots ... It will help him reach one goal or the other!
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]
    You are absolutely right. If Doc continues to refuse to give pt to the young players then Boston will surely continue to lose especially because the C's don't have an interior presence but if Doc were to use the young players at least Boston will be better prepared for the future. Boston may wind up losing either way but at least the younger players will have a chance to develop. The older guys are not going to get any younger.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bulls vs. Celtics: #1 seed vs. #8 seed : Are you blind? Once again the Celts got beat in the rebounding battle, 34-46. And while Rondo is clearly the best player on the Celts, he once again failed to score a single point in the 4th qtr. The NBA is not the NHL, the NBA has 4 quarters.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Rondo has Lebron-i-tis when it comes to the 4th. He disappears. He does way too much standing around with the ball. He needs to lead better in the 4th. He is young, so he should have no trouble running a full game.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts