Bynum and Gasol both injured

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured

I just wanted to note that I think this thread has bad karma: I don't like cheering for other teams' injuries

It's too soon to gloat, especially with the carcasses of what's left of the O'Neals carrying the Celtics' playoff hopes.

The Celtics could be a dynasty, if only it were 1999.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : Truer words were NEVER spoken...
    Posted by Waynestarr[/QUOTE]

Let's not foget that Kobe never got pounded by the same team over and over again like MJ did against the Pistons.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]Check out these facts; Michael Jordan's Bulls lost six years straight before even making it to the finals....couldn't make it out the first round the first 3 tries (lost twice to the Celtics) 1990 -- defeated Milwaukee, 3-1, first round         defeated Philadelphia, 4-1, conference semifinals         lost to Detroit, 4-3, conference finals 1989 -- defeated Cleveland, 3-2, first round         defeated New York, 4-2, conference semifinals         lost to Detroit, 4-2, conference finals 1988 -- defeated Cleveland, 3-2, first round         lost to Detroit, 4-1, conference semifinals 1987 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round 1986 -- lost to Boston, 3-0, first round 1985 -- lost to Milwaukee, 3-1, first round
    Posted by futbal[/QUOTE]

True, and koME had the Spurs in his way at the beginning.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

FIERCEST

WHEN DID RUSSELL EVER LOSE IN A FINAL?  IN THE 1958 SERIES WITH ST. LOUIS HE WAS INJURED THE WHOLE SERIES.  HE NEVER MADE IT TO THE FINALS IN 1967 BECAUSE WILT FINALLY WON THAT YEAR.  HE WON THE 11 OUT 13 YEARS.  UNLESS YOU HAVE SOME TECHNICALITY I DON'T CONSIDER YOU ARE WRONG ON BILL RUSSELL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : True, and koME had the Spurs in his way at the beginning.
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Hey basketball genius.. It was the Jazz that stood in Kobe's way at the beginning, but not long. It took MJ 6 or 7 years before he won his first title. Kobe got his first ring in his third year, and after this year will have just as many as MJ. Anyone that says Kobe is not Top 5 All-Time is delusional. Anyone can nit-pick statistics, but all of the BIG-GAME winners that Kobe has made, his 81 point show, and his rings beg to differ. Cool

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : SPURS!!

When did the SPURS ever defeat the Lakers THREE-STRAIGHT SEASONS?

I'll be waiting for your response. Thanks for playing.  Tongue out

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]You didn't say three straight seasons, you merely said over and over - and 4 is over and over over - and out!

You also said that that the spurs beat Kobe at the beginning when anyone with common basketball knowledge knows it was the jazz that were a thorn in the Lakers side Kobe's rookie and 2nd year, but then what happened? Thanks again for playing. Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

And Kobe won a ring over and over and over and over and over.

Thanks for playing! Cool

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]ANYONE HAVE ANY NEWS ON THE LLAMA AND HIS KNEE?????
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Like Krstic, it's a bone bruise, and, like the rest of us, he is day-to-day!!

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]paugasol Pau Gasol The knee is feeling better! I'm gonna try and play tonight! thanks for your support! it gives me a lot of strength! paugasol Pau Gasol la rodilla esta mejor! Voy a intentar jugar esta noche! gracias por vuestro apoyo, me da mucha fuerza!
    Posted by RicoCeltic[/QUOTE]

Very nice! Cool

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]paugasol Pau Gasol The knee is feeling better! I'm gonna try and play tonight! thanks for your support! it gives me a lot of strength! paugasol Pau Gasol la rodilla esta mejor! Voy a intentar jugar esta noche! gracias por vuestro apoyo, me da mucha fuerza!

So, as an objective Celtics fan, you are happy about this?

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

hedley is a very sick and pathetic individual.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from allen2034. Show allen2034's posts

[QUOTE]I am happy about every player being well and healthy, who ever gets happy on any player from another team getting hurt has to get his head checked. That is sickening and disgusting. I was just giving reliable info from Pau him self to rameakap who asked. Hedley don't tell me you get happy on other players being hurt? I refuse to believe you do.
    as much as i hate the lakers and especially gasol...i wouldnt want anyone on that team injured if we make it to the finals and the lakers also make it (regardless if they make it or not i wouldnt wish any player a injury...this is the way they make money and support their familys)...just so there is no excuses in the end ...we won in 08 and lakers said its because of no bynum....lakers won last year and we said no perk...i want a third series to prove who is the better team...I believe the celtics win that series oh ya and i hope if and its a big IF we lose that series i hope nobody brings up perk!...we have what we have now and we either win with that group or we lose with that group!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tayshawn. Show Tayshawn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : as much as i hate the lakers and especially gasol...i wouldnt want anyone on that team injured if we make it to the finals and the lakers also make it (regardless if they make it or not i wouldnt wish any player a injury...this is the way they make money and support their familys)...just so there is no excuses in the end ...we won in 08 and lakers said its because of no bynum....lakers won last year and we said no perk...i want a third series to prove who is the better team...I believe the celtics win that series oh ya and i hope if and its a big IF we lose that series i hope nobody brings up perk!...we have what we have now and we either win with that group or we lose with that group!
    Posted by allen2034[/QUOTE]

Good post on most fronts, but dont get your hopes too high, as the LAKERS will be in the Finals, but your celtics probably won't. Sorry.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

[QUOTE]If both teams are healthy and if we get to the finals to face the Lakers there can be no excuses from either side.
    Amen.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : You also said that that the spurs beat Kobe at the beginning when anyone with common basketball knowledge knows it was the jazz that were a thorn in the Lakers side Kobe's rookie and 2nd year, but then what happened? Thanks again for playing.
    Posted by Tayshawn[/QUOTE]

WOW, hedley you schooled again!!  Thanks for playing teach. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rsalas67m. Show rsalas67m's posts

It's both interesting and sad that any NBA fan actually "HATES" an opposing team's players. That's the most powerful emotional response that human beings exhibit. HATE is the opposite of love. Hate is what caused Germans to kill 6 million Jews during the Holocaust. HATE is what causes some to embrace racism. HATE is one of the scourges of the world.

I don't HATE the Celtics or any NBA team. I don't pray each night for a Celtic player to get injured. I didn't rejoice when Shaq came up lame this week. I may dislike the Celtics or dislike some NBA players. It's even sick to witness fans cheering when an opposing player goes down with an injury.

If you want to HATE, then direct it towards something more meaningful. HATE poverty, bigotry, racism, child molesters, serial killers, Nazis even. But to HATE an NBA franchise or team is WAY OVER THE TOP.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]I am happy about every player being well and healthy, who ever gets happy on any player from another team getting hurt has to get his head checked. That is sickening and disgusting. I was just giving reliable info from Pau him self to rameakap who asked. Hedley don't tell me you get happy on other players being hurt? I refuse to believe you do.

Thank you, and NO I don't.  I want to beat them at full strength - no excuses!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]It's both interesting and sad that any NBA fan actually "HATES" an opposing team's players. That's the most powerful emotional response that human beings exhibit. HATE is the opposite of love. Hate is what caused Germans to kill 6 million Jews during the Holocaust. HATE is what causes some to embrace racism. HATE is one of the scourges of the world. I don't HATE the Celtics or any NBA team. I don't pray each night for a Celtic player to get injured. I didn't rejoice when Shaq came up lame this week. I may dislike the Celtics or dislike some NBA players. It's even sick to witness fans cheering when an opposing player goes down with an injury. If you want to HATE, then direct it towards something more meaningful. HATE poverty, bigotry, racism, child molesters, serial killers, Nazis even. But to HATE an NBA franchise or team is WAY OVER THE TOP.
    Posted by rsalas67m[/QUOTE]

Wow - great post - I "hated" it.....:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Futbol,

"Jordan' Bulls lost six straight years before winning"

That is absolutely true. He could not win against the great Celtic, Laker, and Piston teams.

The NBA had to invent "superstar phantom calls" to maintain NBA popularity when their was no great rivalry to continue the trend.

Jordan was a great individual talent, but his records and rings are suspect.

The good news is that "superstar phantom calls" have declined substantially this year. Lebron and Kobe no longer get them. Durant and Rose still do.

David Stern is a great marketer. Most fans don't know the rules well enough to know the difference.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]kobe has something that magic, bird, jordan et al never had...quitting on his team in the playoffs a few years back against phoenix (look it up) and pushing hard for a trade out of L.A. prior to gasols arrival. i understand rooting for your hometwon team, but i would never be able to stomach someone as unlikeable as bryant being the figurehead for my team. kobe is the posterboy for selfish.
    Posted by atomic[/QUOTE]

Magic Johnson asked for a trade in 1981, instead the coach was fired and pat riley took over

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

You can't compare Magic and Kobe. Magic was one of the greatest team players of all time, and Kobe is as selfish as they come.

Kobe was instrumental in Shaq leaving, and KG coming to Boston. Guess why.

Sections
Shortcuts