Bynum and Gasol both injured

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured

In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured:
    [QUOTE]You can't compare Magic and Kobe. Magic was one of the greatest team players of all time, and Kobe is as selfish as they come. Kobe was instrumental in Shaq leaving, and KG coming to Boston. Guess why.
    Posted by MinnesotaCelticsFan[/QUOTE]
    KG didn't go to Boston, he was sent.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]You can't compare Magic and Kobe. Magic was one of the greatest team players of all time, and Kobe is as selfish as they come. Kobe was instrumental in Shaq leaving, and KG coming to Boston. Guess why.

Jerry Buss was the one responsible for trading Shaq, he did not want to give him the big multi year contract Shaq wanted

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Flobius, you are wrong.

KG had veto power over where he went. Originally he wanted to go to LA, but Kobe's snit, at the time, with Laker management convinced him that Boston was the better choice.

As per KG.

Wow, Shaq and KG, makes you think, doesn't it.

I know Laker fans like to blame McHale for KG going to Boston, but it was really Kobe.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from greeneater1. Show greeneater1's posts

Relax folks, Gaso and Bynum are good to go.  Lakers are set for playoff rotation.  Lakers do no want to face Memphis or Okla.  Second seed is A ok with Lakers.  Here's food for thought, Lakers have longest length in the front court in the NBA.  And no team can match our sixth man.  Phil will rest players which means we loose some games going down stretch.  No biggie as Lakers looking forward to two seed. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Really?

Shaq 7'1"
    KG 7'1"
    JO 7'0"
    Krytic 7'0"

Have you got four players at seven feet or above?

I always enjoy Odem against a healthy KG or Gasol against a healthy KG. It just comfirms my faith that God is a Celtic fan. 

...candy from a baby.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]Flobius, you are wrong. KG had veto power over where he went. Originally he wanted to go to LA, but Kobe's snit, at the time, with Laker management convinced him that Boston was the better choice. As per KG. Wow, Shaq and KG, makes you think, doesn't it. I know Laker fans like to blame McHale for KG going to Boston, but it was really Kobe.

Actually Shaq was already gone when the Lakers tried to acquire Kevin Garnett

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

But Dirty, that wasn't even remotely his point.  The point is Kobe's antics forced Shaq out AND deterred KG from coming in the 1st place.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]But Dirty, that wasn't even remotely his point.  The point is Kobe's antics forced Shaq out AND deterred KG from coming in the 1st place.
    Posted by MsLithium21[/QUOTE]

Ms. L.

But that is exactly the point.  Jerry Buss made the decision to trade Shaq,

Jerry Buss was fed up with Shaq and had the choice to try and re-sign Kobe and or give Shaq a extension of his contract

The Kevin Garnett trade was brought up after Shaq was traded, because the Timberwolves wanted Odom and Bynum for Garnett

Shaq was also responsible for the drama in L.A

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Not from what I remember. 

Who publicly called out who for showing up to training camp overweight rather than keeping it an internal matter?

Who made demands with management that he essentially call the all shots or get traded?

Shaq responded but Kobe started it.  Neither one was totally mature but one was a lot more immature and effectively broke up the best 1-2 punch in basketball at the time.  He clearly wanted to make the Lakers HIS team and Shaq wasn't going to be #2 to anyone.  Again, not the finest hour for either one of them, but one was a lot worse than the other. 

If I were Kevin Garnett with the ability to veto a trade, I wouldn't want to be part of that environment either...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Sweet

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dirty52. Show dirty52's posts

[QUOTE]Not from what I remember.  Who publicly called out who for showing up to training camp overweight rather than keeping it an internal matter? Who made demands with management that he essentially call the all shots or get traded? Shaq responded but Kobe started it.  Neither one was totally mature but one was a lot more immature and effectively broke up the best 1-2 punch in basketball at the time.  He clearly wanted to make the Lakers HIS team and Shaq wasn't going to be #2 to anyone.  Again, not the finest hour for either one of them, but one was a lot worse than the other.  If I were Kevin Garnett with the ability to veto a trade, I wouldn't want to be part of that environment either...

As to who started, i can't because there is probably  a lot of things that we will never know

But it is interesting that Shaq could not get along with Penny Hardaway , Kobe , and Dwayne Wade towards the end of his time with Miami.

http://www.aolnews.com/2008/03/26/pat-riley-calls-shaqs-critical-comments-of-the-heat-sad/

Anyway sorry to go off topic of the original post

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

yea...I hope they all get injured and we just walk in and get the trophy handed to us!  We had our share of injuries,  now its time the others tasted defeat

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Would almost seem like justice if all the playoff teams had to deal with the injuries the Celtics have...

We're at the end of the season, 2nd seed in the East and in retrospect thats pretty darn good considering all the games so many of our players have missed. Its really amazing when you think about it.

Maybe the real justice for our injury troubles during the season is all our guys are ready to go in the playoffs...  and players like Shaq, JON & DWest have very little mileage on them for this season so they didnt go through the grind of an 82 game schedule.

Could this mean we're actually more healthy having gone thru all the injuries?

We're gonna be tough to beat if it plays out this way

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE] Neither one was totally mature but one was a lot more immature and effectively broke up the best 1-2 punch in basketball at the time.  He clearly wanted to make the Lakers HIS team and Shaq wasn't going to be #2 to anyone.  Again, not the finest hour for either one of them, but one was a lot worse than the other. 

Very true. Both classic examples of the Peter Pan complex. The 2004 season was a difficult one to endure. Shaq really should have accepted the complimentary role to Bryant, slowly allow Bryant to become the teams offensive focus. Just like Kareem did with Magic and Big Game James. I love Shaq but he should have used some common sense in the situation.

Kareem and Wilt both sacrificed their individual games for the good of the team. Sadly Shaq wasn't willing to do this at the time. I still believe he was the most dominant player on the side. And if not for him we'd have not won those three championships. When it came to the play offs he really became a much more dominant player. But in 2004 the whole team was poisoned. Still got to the finals but the in fighting was terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]Would almost seem like justice if all the playoff teams had to deal with the injuries the Celtics have... We're at the end of the season, 2nd seed in the East and in retrospect thats pretty darn good considering all the games so many of our players have missed. Its really amazing when you think about it. Maybe the real justice for our injury troubles during the season is all our guys are ready to go in the playoffs...  and players like Shaq, JON & DWest have very little mileage on them for this season so they didnt go through the grind of an 82 game schedule. Could this mean we're actually more healthy having gone thru all the injuries? We're gonna be tough to beat if it plays out this way
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

I'll put it this way. You have a very experienced team. And it's in better shape than the '87 team which made the finals.

Certainly have every chance of making the finals again this season. Still I think game time in the remaining games for the guys returning from injury is crucial for their performance in the play offs. Yes you can be out injured. But practice games and the rest doesn't help when it comes to actually playing games and getting used to playing again.

If they're still fit and have been playing by the end of the first round the Celtics will be a scary prospect. There's a big IF there though. But this applies to other contending teams as well.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum and Gasol both injured : Very true. Both classic examples of the Peter Pan complex. The 2004 season was a difficult one to endure. Shaq really should have accepted the complimentary role to Bryant, slowly allow Bryant to become the teams offensive focus. Just like Kareem did with Magic and Big Game James. I love Shaq but he should have used some common sense in the situation. Kareem and Wilt both sacrificed their individual games for the good of the team. Sadly Shaq wasn't willing to do this at the time. I still believe he was the most dominant player on the side. And if not for him we'd have not won those three championships. When it came to the play offs he really became a much more dominant player. But in 2004 the whole team was poisoned. Still got to the finals but the in fighting was terrible.
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]
    As always your posts are more than worthy. But I think you really have to ask; and this is more than rhetorical, if Shaq was willingto sacrifice his individual game and slowly allow the focus to move to Kobe, would this have also had come with Kobe having the right to yell at and chide Shaq as he has his other teamates over the years. Maybe, the difference is one guy (Magic) was a great guy and teamate and the other (KoME) likes to get in peoples faces, including his own teamates. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Relax folks, Gaso and Bynum are good to go.  Lakers are set for playoff rotation.  Lakers do no want to face Memphis or Okla.  Second seed is A ok with Lakers.  Here's food for thought, Lakers have longest length in the front court in the NBA.  And no team can match our sixth man.  Phil will rest players which means we loose some games going down stretch.  No biggie as Lakers looking forward to two seed. 
    Posted by greeneater1[/QUOTE]

They're also the softest front court in the league. 

Without 37 total free throws in a Game 7, 21 in the final quarter, we aren't even looking at your post any merit, remotely, whatsoever.

SOFT

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cshashaty. Show cshashaty's posts

[QUOTE]Really? Shaq 7'1" KG 7'1" JO 7'0" Krytic 7'0" Have you got four players at seven feet or above? I always enjoy Odem against a healthy KG or Gasol against a healthy KG. It just comfirms my faith that God is a Celtic fan.  ...candy from a baby.

This is why I say that if Shaq is healthy, we will win the championship. No one will be able to match up, including LAL.

And Pau is still a soft Euro center. Jermaine, KG, and Shaq are gonna have a ball with him.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If we have all our big guys, that means bynum is going to have to be ready to play BIG minutes.  The only time they can play Pau at center is when Kristic is in.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Amen, Cshashaty and Cole-ely

Healthy Celtics = Banner 18

Sections
Shortcuts