Bynum for Chris Paul

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Bynum for Chris Paul

Who does it?

and please no 'this is not an LA board' the move be a very interesting and really affect Boston. I'd like to hear the opinion of a classy LA fan like Worthy

The straight swap works w/ $. LA gets thin up front and has 3 PG's.

It could also be Bynum, the b*tch, Shann Brown and Blake for Paul and Okafor.

In that case whoever buys the Hornets would have a team with a measley 40 million in payroll, 3-4 1st rd picks (assuming they trade David West for a 1st rd'er in Feb) a tanked rest of this year to get into the lotto and a solid trio of Jack (28) - Ariza (26) and Bynum (24) all with nice contracts to build on at the 3 most important positions.

Then move the team to Seattle and make them the Sonics:-)

and LA gets a 20-10 guard and 10-10 F-C to go for unprecedented (since Boston did 8) 4-peat...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Re: Bynum for Chris Paul

Rame, please, you're scaring me!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

I like the idea of the Hornets becoming the Sonics.

In regards to the trade? I'd go for it in a heartbeat. We need a player like Paul, no disrespect to Fish as he's a smart player, but getting Paul would be huge. Would take an offensive load of Bryant, which has to happen. Bryant may also get 'better' shots having a guy like Paul on the court.

Losing Brown and Blake for Okafor may be hard to swallow though. Okafor would give us a decent big. But we'd lose a lot of strike off our bench. Okafor is solid tough and would cover Bynum's departure. There's positives and negatives to the second part of that trade. But I'd want a big to cover Okafor. And Fish could cover Blake on the bench, and do a better job than Blake. Brown's loss would be the nasty part.

Would love to see Chris Paul playing for us. Gives us a long term player for the future as well, unlike Bynum. We could also make some sort of play for Oden if that's possible next season to cover Bynum's departure. Although who know's what sort of role Oden would play when and if he returns to the NBA?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

David Stern to trade Chris Paul for Andrew Bynum?

If that happens the value of the Hornets will go down. Stern will have a hard time selling a team with a franchise player that is a distant relative of Sam Bowie. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bynum for Chris Paul:
    [QUOTE]David Stern to trade Chris Paul for Andrew Bynum? If that happens the value of the Hornets will go down. Stern will have a hard time selling a team with a franchise player that is a distant relative of Sam Bowie. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

If he pairs him with dumping Oak's contract, which has 2 years left after this season at like 30 million, then the team probbably gains value.

Bynum-Paul contracts are a wash. Both have injury history. A 24 year old Center with 24-14 potential, but basically a lock to be an 20-10 if healthy, is pretty valuable. Depends on how he looks next month and what league opinion on injury history/future is.

It is not as valuable as a 26 year old all-star PG of course... but better than MANY junk offers you see for Paul (Anthony Randolph/Raymond Felton, a #1 pick but still w/ the Okafor albatross deal in NO?? no thanks)

It is very unlikely Paul will remain with a new ownership anyhow

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Rame, please, you're scaring me!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]

Celtics did ok the last time the league let a lopsided offer go LA's way

I'd see for at least this finals a healthy Celts being better. Our bigs just got way more scary to LA if they lose 3" and 11 points at Center. Oak is a warrior but not a game-changer.

Rondo could neutralize Paul even giving up ay less points b/c he'd bother LA's sets more than CP would ours... just has to get more assists/steals to go w/ obv more rebounds (and have to become confident in his open 18' shot and be 100% healthy by playoffs of course)

We'd likely have homecourt as Paul would have to adjust his game and learn triangle and the west is already a beast this year w/ the next 5 best teams better than the East's next best 5 and Boston already 4-0 on Miami/Chicago

A minor wrinkle is that Rondo clearly dislikes or is motivated to do his best vs Paul and Kobe won't be guarding him anymore.. of if he does then Ray has to make Paul, shorter and lighter than Fish, really pay. Ray was hurt from early game 3 on last year.

The Shaq-KG duo, with Perk a banger on the bench and Baby gettign better by the day would eat LA's frontcourt up... Gasol is playing great but it is nowhere near the advantage of a year ago.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]I like the idea of the Hornets becoming the Sonics. In regards to the trade? I'd go for it in a heartbeat. We need a player like Paul, no disrespect to Fish as he's a smart player, but getting Paul would be huge. Would take an offensive load of Bryant, which has to happen. Bryant may also get 'better' shots having a guy like Paul on the court. Losing Brown and Blake for Okafor may be hard to swallow though. Okafor would give us a decent big. But we'd lose a lot of strike off our bench. Okafor is solid tough and would cover Bynum's departure. There's positives and negatives to the second part of that trade. But I'd want a big to cover Okafor. And Fish could cover Blake on the bench, and do a better job than Blake. Brown's loss would be the nasty part. Would love to see Chris Paul playing for us. Gives us a long term player for the future as well, unlike Bynum. We could also make some sort of play for Oden if that's possible next season to cover Bynum's departure. Although who know's what sort of role Oden would play when and if he returns to the NBA?
    Posted by RUWorthy[/QUOTE]

Solid response. See my other post for more in depth.

What does 'I want a big to cover Okafor mean'

And you have given up on Bynum as a 24-12 for many years Center? If the Hornets feel he'd be an injury prone bust that gets you 70 games one year 40 the next and goes for 17-9, then they don't make the trade.

LA or whatever team gets Paul, probbaly has to take Oak's contract b/c it makes it that much more enticing for a future owner.

You could toss in two 1st rd picks and try to take David West over Oak, but you don't get any bigger or able to defend Shaq/Perk... just get a few more points than Bynum would give you, and I doubt NO would do that over just getting a good return to rent West to another contender.

Maybe toss in the 1st rd pick or two and try to keep Brown?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from existentialparquet. Show existentialparquet's posts

Delusional if you are the hornets so far as I can tell. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Delusional if you are the hornets so far as I can tell. 
    Posted by existentialparquet[/QUOTE]

Really?

No reason I could see LA not making this trade.

Only issue for Hornets is if Bynum is going to be a 20-10+ all-star or an oft-injured talent who lacks the heart

Even LA was told he's a LOCK to be 22-11 from '12-'17... but will just kinda drift through '11 at 17-9, 'working his way back'... and that CP3 will be an 18-12-4-3 and Okafor a 10-10-2 the same 5 years...

They HAVE to do it, even with the extra 10 million in salary

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RUWorthy. Show RUWorthy's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Bynum for Chris Paul : Solid response. See my other post for more in depth. What does 'I want a big to cover Okafor mean' And you have given up on Bynum as a 24-12 for many years Center? If the Hornets feel he'd be an injury prone bust that gets you 70 games one year 40 the next and goes for 17-9, then they don't make the trade. LA or whatever team gets Paul, probbaly has to take Oak's contract b/c it makes it that much more enticing for a future owner. You could toss in two 1st rd picks and try to take David West over Oak, but you don't get any bigger or able to defend Shaq/Perk... just get a few more points than Bynum would give you, and I doubt NO would do that over just getting a good return to rent West to another contender. Maybe toss in the 1st rd pick or two and try to keep Brown?
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

Oops, that was a typo, substitute Bynum where I wrote Okafor.

I'm more worried about us getting by OKC and San Antonio to be honest. Attempting to build a side to beat the Celtics would be our downfall this season if we go down that route.

Sections
Shortcuts