Calling all Laker fans where are you?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?

We're right here!

HAHAHAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    Keep your friends close and your enemy's closer.                                                                   -Sun Tzu-
    Posted by RicoCeltic

Classic quote Rico...and SO true!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from atomic. Show atomic's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Classic quote Rico...and SO true!
    Posted by Qdaddy

damn, lakers sucked hard today. bartender, another fruity cocktail with an umbrella in it please. ain't life grand!  -Qduddy

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : damn, lakers sucked hard today. bartender, another fruity cocktail with an umbrella in it please. ain't life grand!  -Qduddy
    Posted by atomic

Is this the latest incarnation of Sybil?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Hedley how do you know he is not Qdaddy?  That's my theory.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

Where are the Laker fans? We're sitting home watching the Celtics get clobbered. Next to the thrill it would have been to 3peat, next best thing is to see the arrogant Celtics get blown out in game 5. I can hardly wait.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : damn, lakers sucked hard today. bartender, another fruity cocktail with an umbrella in it please. ain't life grand!  -Qduddy
    Posted by atomic

atomic, do you have an appointment with your shrink yet? As I recall you said...

"anybody that responds to this clown from here on out needs to get their head examined."

"Posted by atomic"

Reeled in another one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Where are the Laker fans? We're sitting home watching the Celtics get clobbered. Next to the thrill it would have been to 3peat, next best thing is to see the arrogant Celtics get blown out in game 5. I can hardly wait.
    Posted by lakersavenger

Really?  We were wild cards & you were supposed to win it?  I guess we just have to watch the Bruins and Sox now, and wait for our Pats to play... what do you exactly have to look forward too??? Miami winning the next 5 Finals? That works for me as long as this ridiculous Kobe - Jordan talk goes away.    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Funny, lots of us were here last year, including me under a different screen name.  After a couple months of us providing some realistic perspective (something other than the Celtics are the greatest thing on earth), all you Cs fans couldn't take it anymore.  Comments from me and other Lakers fans were deleted by the postmaster, but not due to any vulgarities.  I guess a reasoned opinion that conflicts with your herd mentality was offensive enough, and I eventually found the "discussion" page was relocated to some private forum.  So, we've been here all along.  Just waiting for you cowards to open up the "discussion" again.  As for the Dallas series, it was quite embarassing, since they're not true contenders.  But hey, at least we got swept because a couple players lost focus.  The sad thing is, Boston is actually trying.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Funny, lots of us were here last year, including me under a different screen name.  After a couple months of us providing some realistic perspective (something other than the Celtics are the greatest thing on earth), all you Cs fans couldn't take it anymore.  Comments from me and other Lakers fans were deleted by the postmaster, but not due to any vulgarities.  I guess a reasoned opinion that conflicts with your herd mentality was offensive enough, and I eventually found the "discussion" page was relocated to some private forum.  So, we've been here all along.  Just waiting for you cowards to open up the "discussion" again.  As for the Dallas series, it was quite embarassing, since they're not true contenders.  But hey, at least we got swept because a couple players lost focus.  The sad thing is, Boston is actually trying.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

So, the lakers didn't try vs the Mavs?  Excuse #1
    A "couple" of players lost focus?  Excuse #2

Can the Vanessa Bryant excuse be far behind?

WE are losing - YOU gave up - deal with it!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Classic quote Rico...and SO true!
    Posted by Qdaddy

C'mon, man.....you are smarter than that.  He isn't a Celtics fan at all!  He is a fraud!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN. Show COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN's posts

kobe got treated exactly as he treated that girl in that room in denver. kobe, how does a broom taste? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

I realize that, because Boston went into a 22 year drought, you'd all love to see the same for the Lakers.  Unfortunately for you, we have Jerry Buss and we'll be back to pounding the Western Conference again soon.  I know you all love your 17-4 Finals record, so I guess getting pounded by the Heat is better than getting smoked by OKC or Dallas in the Finals.  Congrats on keeping the Finals record "intact", you've only lost 3 of the last 5 times, instead of 4 of the last 6.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

kobe got treated exactly as he treated that girl in that room in denver. kobe, how does a broom taste? 
    Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Love it!  Wink

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

to our friend "it's not 1966 anymor"......a few things to consider...

since the advent of the modern NBA (shot clock era)

Celtics 17 titles....Lakers 11

Finals winning percentages....Celtics .809 (17-4) Lakers .423 (11-15) ....and this brings up the notion of great closers....you know, how you guys love to say the mamba is the best closer in the league (not, by the way...check out the last 5 years stats)...anyway...my point is...how good have the modern Lakers been at "closing" in the Finals...? (see 11-15) ....not really very good were they...?

You hang your hat on Phil and his 11 titles (5 with LA)...who retired at 65? ....we hang our hat on Red who retired at 50 with 10...and then was GM and President who oversaw the next 6....and who built the team from the ground floor

...are you really sure that you want to continue the comparisons?  ....because I can give you more if you'd like....

Celtics vs. Lakers in the Finals........9-3 Celts (including 8 straight spanning 25 years)

Finals being swept 4 straight...?   Lakers 3 (once by Boston)....Celtics...nope!!

....and as far as the long drought after '86.....please consider this and give me an honest answer....how would your franchise history book look if (1)Worthy died before he ever played a game for your franchise and (2)say Byron Scott died a few years later....would this have altered the Laker landscape...methinks the answer is an overwhelming YES!

Lastly.....Q said we only won one with the Big #3.....correct....but we destroyed the league in year #1 (and LA in the Finals)....were on a roll until KG was lost for the season the next year....we went to the final two minutes of game 7 on the road last year (with Perk out)...and we gave a better showing in the playoffs this year than your team did...

Remember....our team never QUIT.....your team did twice...in '08 in Boston and this year in Dallas....39 and 33 point losses if I'm not mistaken....the Celtics have never embarrassed themselves in the Finals like LA did....lost in OT with our floor leader playing with a dislocated elbow (ouch).....need I say more...?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

Kevin Garnett turns 35 next week. Pierce will be 34 in October. Ray Allen turns 36 in July. Each star occasionally still shows flashes of greatness. But they no longer seem capable of playing at a consistently elite level through a seven-game series — at least not against a younger, equally talented and more athletic opponent.

It is hard to imagine the Celtics getting any better without an infusion of young talent. That will be difficult. Boston has $65.8 million in committed salaries for next season, not counting a potential new contract for Green, who will be a restricted free agent. Two of their younger rotation players, Davis and Delonte West, will also be free agents. Jermaine O’Neal (who turns 33 in October) remains on the books, and Shaquille O’Neal (39) has a $1.4 million option to return.

The Celtics will not have salary-cap room until 2012, when the contracts of Garnett ($21.2 million) and Allen ($10 million) expire.

The Celtics’ championship window, which once seemed so wide, has been reduced to a razor-thin beam of fading light.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsNot1966anymor. Show ItsNot1966anymor's posts

Yes, Duke and a majority of you "hang your hat" on pre - 1970s NBA.  You have to be 50 years old to actually remember most of those accomplishments.  You probably despise the 3 point shot, the dunk contest, and the evolution of the NBA in general that has left the Celtics in the dust that quarter of a century.    I enjoy your hypothetical comparisons of Bias and Reggie Lewis to Worthy and Scott only because I know that if the roles were reversed and Lakers fans made similar analogies, they would be laughed at by most Celtics fans...hypocrisy at its finest.  And if Worthy and Byron Scott had died?  Dr. Buss would have found a solution. 

If you compare the Celtics to the Heat since they joined the  League, both teams  have 1 championship, and the regular season winning PCT and postseason series W-L records are extremely close.   So to anyone 30 or younger, the Cs relevance as a franchise is on par with the Heat, behind that of the  Rockets, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs and Lakers.  Of course, I realize the 30 year old and younger demographic is probably far too small for all you veterans of the Korean War.

On a side note, I saw what looked like some disatisfaction about Rondo from Cs fans, wishing him on the Lakers.  Lakers fans would love Rondo.  He could wear #18 for the same reason Rick Fox wore #17.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Posted by COMMUNIST-CONTRARIAN

Were you there that night?  If not, then you don't know crap.  If you want to harp about the Lakers woes, fine - but what does Kobe's case 7 years ago have to do with what's happening to LA now?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Yes, Duke and a majority of you "hang your hat" on pre - 1970s NBA.  You have to be 50 years old to actually remember most of those accomplishments.  You probably despise the 3 point shot, the dunk contest, and the evolution of the NBA in general that has left the Celtics in the dust that quarter of a century.    I enjoy your hypothetical comparisons of Bias and Reggie Lewis to Worthy and Scott only because I know that if the roles were reversed and Lakers fans made similar analogies, they would be laughed at by most Celtics fans...hypocrisy at its finest.  And if Worthy and Byron Scott had died?  Dr. Buss would have found a solution.  If you compare the Celtics to the Heat since they joined the  League, both teams  have 1 championship, and the regular season winning PCT and postseason series W-L records are extremely close.   So to anyone 30 or younger, the Cs relevance as a franchise is on par with the Heat, behind that of the  Rockets, Pistons, Bulls, Spurs and Lakers.  Of course, I realize the 30 year old and younger demographic is probably far too small for all you veterans of the Korean War. On a side note, I saw what looked like some disatisfaction about Rondo from Cs fans, wishing him on the Lakers.  Lakers fans would love Rondo.  He could wear #18 for the same reason Rick Fox wore #17.
    Posted by ItsNot1966anymor

It's okay there mr over 30 - the lakers will be back - just not this year or next year/...................

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    Just like their team of quitters the Lakers trolls can't face the music?  Even Rico who plays such a bad Celtics fan can't sum it up to appear.  I hope they never come back but expect they will return. Wounded, defeated, and without any merit.  They deserve what happened to their team.
    Posted by concord27

And will you come back after the Celtics get pushed aside in 5 games?  Without any merit?  When was the last time the Celtics won back-to-back titles?  Probably before your sorry-azz was born.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

to our young friend........I do hate the 3 point shot......I stopped watching the all star weekend many years ago.....and while I'm not old enough to have served in Korea, I am 60 and have been a fan for over 50 of those years.....this league has changed (evolved?) as you pointed out.....but not for the better....while the league has opened to foreign players (good thing) the expansion has gotten out of hand....the league is watered down....while the rule book remains basically the same, the refs no longer call palming the ball, up & down, traveling....and of course there are the "Jordan rules"......officiating is in question not just by fans but by owners and the media....the Sacramento travesty was right in the middle of the Lakers' first three-peat...give me the game played within the rules and dominated by stars....from 1960 through the mid '90's I was a fan of the NBA....still am today, but I can't really take the league seriously sometimes....it just seems a little choreographed for me....started with the Ewing Lottery....ever check that one out on You tube....? ...anyway, I guess this is just an old man's rant huh...?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

You are not old Duke.  I am right with you.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cofj. Show cofj's posts

Hey all.  For some reason (see BS), my old account (jofc) was submarined. 

But, with the Lakers sweep, and the state of the NBA, I thought I'd chime in. 

First off, as a good friend of mine, and fellow Laker fan, said - "Boston's definitely shown more heart than us this year. "

I agree.

I'm not upset or embarassed about losing in 4 to Dallas.  The Lakers have proven themselves.  The Kobe/Phil era Lakers have taken 5 titles and appeared in 7 Finals since 2000.  They just won back to back titles.  The bottom line is that they just didn't look as strong this year.  It's very hard to have that motivation when you've just won back to back.  There were hungrier teams, namely Dallas right now.

I AM upset by the Lakers acting like spoiled children (namely Odom and Bynum) and tarnishing an otherwise great franchise.  Odom's hit on Nowitzki and Bynum's cheap and dangerous jab were classless.  I wouldn't be upset if they both ended up on other teams this off season.  I back my team all the time, but not players who act like that. 

As for the Celtics and the Heat, right now I just don't want LeBron getting a ring.  I feel like Chicago's the team to beat right now, despite struggling against Atlanta.  In the west, you gotta love Memphis. 

Duke - you're always a class act.  Glad you're still posting on these boards.

Ok, that's all from this 'troll'.  :).

Sections
Shortcuts