Calling all Laker fans where are you?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?

In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : What's a joke is you're saying the Celtics did not win a championship in 1957. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1957_NBA_Finals The Boston Celtics defeated the St.Louis Hawks in the 1957 Finals. THAT'S NOT A JOKE! 
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Reading is definitely not your strong suit, on top of not knowing how to count.

Hedley Lamarr, or whatever his name of the day is, said:

"the fact that the Celtics held 17 parades in Boston!"

Show me evidence of the PARADE in 1957! You want to defend his idiotic statement?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : 21 Finals appearance  won 17 times lost 4 times 17-4 Finals record, my mistake.

Your mistake is bigger than that. You said:

"If you want to count how many times the Lakers and the Celtics failed then you failed! The Lakers FAILED 15 times in the Finals while the Celtics have a 21-4 record in the Finals. So as usual you're WRONG AGAIN!"

Were the 44 times the Celtics failed to reach the final FAILURE? Yes or no?

So how many times did the Celtics FAIL TO WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP? 4 or 48?

I bet you won't answer...

Don't try to use FACTS to lie, a stunt I can smell thousands of miles away. How do people use FACTS to lie? BY HIDING THE WHOLE TRUTH!!!

like hiding the 44 times the Celtics failed to reach the finals.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : "2nd place is the first loser"? You are not getting the facts straight. The first losers are the teams that got eliminated in the regular season: Timberwolves, Cavs, Wizards, etc. But of course, 2nd place is still better than 2nd round exit. You must have enjoyed the Celtics getting eliminated in mid-May, but I don't. I'll feel much better if they are still playing, even if they lose to the Heat in the finals. Championship or bust? not the sentiment your fellow fans showed last June after the game 7 loss. So save this "2nd place is 1st loser" BS for lunch.
    Posted by MajicMVP[/QUOTE]

So are you saying your man Kobe is full of BS?  He said it himself.  
    You laker trolls were all over this board after we were eliminated saying that you never take pride in being eliminated from the playoffs.  Well I've got news for you;  losing in the Finals is losing.  It hurts a lot more to lose in the finals than to lose earlier.  Only one team gets credit for winning the title, so you can save your making it to the finals moral victory for lunch.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Even Laker trolls know this is true.  We all do.

Scott Pollard: Phil Jackson 'One Of The Most Overrated Coaches Of Our Time'

Posted: 05/11/11 12:29 PM ET

Scott Pollard Phil Jackson

Is Phil Jackson overrated?

The coach with 11 NBA championship rings said after the Dallas Mavericks swept his Los Angeles Lakers that Game 4 was the final game he will coach. Now, the question is where Jackson belongs on the list of all-time great coaches in any sport.

Former Sacramento Kings center Scott Pollard, who battled Jackson's Lakers when they had Shaquille O'Neal, told Grant Napear on KHTK that he thinks Jackson is overrated:

I just think he’s one of the most overrated coaches of our time. He’s only had the greatest players of our era on his teams. Put him in charge of the Sacramento Kings this year, and I don’t mean to offend Sacramento fans, but put him on a team with no Hall-Of-Famers on it at least no one that has established themselves as a Hall-Of-Famer already, put him as the Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers right now and let’s see how he does next year with no Hall-Of-Famers on the team. That’s all I’m saying.

Pollard went on to say that he respects Jackson's championship rings, but he has "never taken a team that wasn’t a playoff team and turned them into a playoff team."

The interview was transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews. Click HERE to listen to the full segment. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Even Laker trolls know this is true.  We all do.

Scott Pollard: Phil Jackson 'One Of The Most Overrated Coaches Of Our Time'

Posted: 05/11/11 12:29 PM ET

Scott Pollard Phil Jackson

Is Phil Jackson overrated?

The coach with 11 NBA championship rings said after the Dallas Mavericks swept his Los Angeles Lakers that Game 4 was the final game he will coach. Now, the question is where Jackson belongs on the list of all-time great coaches in any sport.

Former Sacramento Kings center Scott Pollard, who battled Jackson's Lakers when they had Shaquille O'Neal, told Grant Napear on KHTK that he thinks Jackson is overrated:

I just think he’s one of the most overrated coaches of our time. He’s only had the greatest players of our era on his teams. Put him in charge of the Sacramento Kings this year, and I don’t mean to offend Sacramento fans, but put him on a team with no Hall-Of-Famers on it at least no one that has established themselves as a Hall-Of-Famer already, put him as the Head Coach of the Cleveland Cavaliers right now and let’s see how he does next year with no Hall-Of-Famers on the team. That’s all I’m saying.

Pollard went on to say that he respects Jackson's championship rings, but he has "never taken a team that wasn’t a playoff team and turned them into a playoff team."

The interview was transcribed by Sports Radio Interviews. Click HERE to listen to the full segment. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lakersavenger. Show lakersavenger's posts

There are so many threads and posts here regarding the Lakers, for a second there I thought I was at Lakernation. You people sure are scared of what the Lakers are up to. On the other hand, the celtics are rarely mentioned at Lakernation.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

avenger,
    We are not disruptive trolls like you.  We have our BB and we choose to communicate about the Celtics.  The only reason this thread exists is because you trolls have attempted to badger Celtics fans like a bunch of immature children.

When you guys got trounced by the Mavs. This silence was deafening and true to form like cockroaches you have returned here.  You guys won't go so we are stuck with you.  Your team is on the downslide and we may be as well but trolls like cockroaches don't seem to care.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

The purpose of this thread, simply said, was BAIT to lure Laker fans into silly  "misery loves company" conversations that help pass the time and disguise Celtic disappointment and unhappiness over another lost season.

There is little to look forward to in the future as the window for #18 has slammed shut!!!

Despite the protestations, if Laker trolls did go away, some here would be totally lonely with no one to dump on.

So hang around fellas. Please don't go.

Its going to be a very long off-season.... and traffic will be way way down here at BDC.

Feel our pain!

Pud

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from icnd. Show icnd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Is it a lie if I say the Celtics have 17 championships? Is it a lie if I say the Lakers Finals record is only 16-15? No matter how you spin it at the end of the day the Celtics will still have 17 championships. The Lakers need 1 more to tie and 2 more to pass the Celtics. That's not lie! HAHAHA!!!   

Thanks for the math lesson Einstein.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OC-CeltsFan. Show OC-CeltsFan's posts

[QUOTE]There are so many threads and posts here regarding the Lakers, for a second there I thought I was at Lakernation. You people sure are scared of what the Lakers are up to. On the other hand, the celtics are rarely mentioned at Lakernation.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

well well if it isn't mr. defending champions 2 weeks after you were swept....again you show your stupidity.  The fact that so many of you trolls are here completely contracdicts your point.  If the Celtics are rarely mentioned on laker boards then why are so many of you trolls here demonstrating your obsession with the celtics? 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FlobusMcNugget. Show FlobusMcNugget's posts

Who's Scott Pollard?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]There are so many threads and posts here regarding the Lakers, for a second there I thought I was at Lakernation. You people sure are scared of what the Lakers are up to. On the other hand, the celtics are rarely mentioned at Lakernation.
    Posted by lakersavenger[/QUOTE]

Yet I have never been to lakernation and you are here.  Kind of negates your point don't you think?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Flob...who is Scott Pollard?  How can you forget the man who rocked the top knot and two side pony tails?

new

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Da+Flyin+Hawaiian. Show Da+Flyin+Hawaiian's posts

Aloha Gang,

In Hawaii, I wear a shirt  LA Lakers:   Lost Again !!  Lakers. Boy, do I get some Mean looks. I almost got into a scap with a bar tender. 

It's SOOOOOOOO much fun seeing thier faces.  Lost Again!!

HAHAHAHAHA

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : You're just trying to be a smart aleck. The Celtics won their first championship in 1957, that's a fact! Parade or no parade!

"the fact that the Celtics held 17 parades in Boston!"

is that a fact or not?

Parade or no parade? If there is no parade in 1957, then "the fact that the Celtics held 17 parades in Boston!" is a big fat lie.

But you don't have to answer, there was no parade in 1957, as Bob Cousy confessed in

http://www.hoopsaddict.com/a-conversation-with-bob-cousy/

So don't ever think you can equate 17 championships to 17 parades.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : Is it a lie if I say the Celtics have 17 championships? Is it a lie if I say the Lakers Finals record is only 16-15? No matter how you spin it at the end of the day the Celtics will still have 17 championships. The Lakers need 1 more to tie and 2 more to pass the Celtics. That's not lie! HAHAHA!!!   

Is it a lie to say that the Celtics failed to reach the finals in 44 seasons? no

is it a lie to say that the Celtics' success-failure record is only 17-48? no

Is it a lie to say that 17-48 is a tie in the standings to 16-47? no

So, the point is not whether what you say is fact or not. The point is what you TRY TO IMPLY by using some carefully selected facts, and not mentioning the facts that don't favor you...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : So are you saying your man Kobe is full of BS?  He said it himself.   You laker trolls were all over this board after we were eliminated saying that you never take pride in being eliminated from the playoffs.  Well I've got news for you;  losing in the Finals is losing.  It hurts a lot more to lose in the finals than to lose earlier.  Only one team gets credit for winning the title, so you can save your making it to the finals moral victory for lunch.  
    Posted by OC-CeltsFan[/QUOTE]

So what if he said it? I am not a big fan of Kobe the player, let alone Kobe the speaker. Are you saying that I must treat whatever he said as gospel?

He's the one who said "Call me sick, but I think we are going to win 4 straight"...

It seems like you are the one worshipping him...

Well, you think "It hurts a lot more to lose in the finals than to lose earlier.", but even your fellow fans' actions don't agree with you. I mean, look at the title of this thread, or what you folks have been bragging here:

- the Celtics lost 4-1 and the Lakers got swept
    - the Celtics showed heart and the Lakers quitted

When you are bragging about a 2nd round exit just because the team got 1 win and the final margin was merely 10 points, you have just contradicted yourself that losing in the finals is worse than losing in the 2nd round. In these days, you folks are counting moral victories, like the Celtics have heart and the Lakers quitted. You want me to believe, based on your actions, that losing in the final is worse?

Not a chance!!!!!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Calling all Laker fans where are you? : The Lakers get an additional Larry O'Brien trophy because they have a better success-failure record than the Celtics? In the end the Celtics still have more championships, 17-16, than the Lakers. No matter how you spin it you're not going to get an additional Larry O'Brien trophy. As of June 2, 2011 the Celtics have 17 championships, the Lakers 16.

You can have the 17 championship, no problem. The Lakers have a 10-4 edge when the league was a big-time league. You can keep those bush league championships. Too bad your fellow Bostonians didn't care about them. They didn't even sell out the final games, let alone give them a parade in the early championships...

17-48 is tied to 16-47, remember?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MajicMVP. Show MajicMVP's posts

[QUOTE]NBA Finals: All-Time Champions ...

Are you going to tell us about the 17 parades or not? or is that a concession that the 17 parades were NOT a fact?

Sections
Shortcuts