Camp invites?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Camp invites?

Other than Oliver Lafayette and Tony Gaffney, do we know who else may be coming? Seems like everyone else we have heard of has bailed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Re: Camp invites?

Whatever happened to Parankhouski?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

I thought Sims was invited but if he is going to play in Europe(like some say here) then I guess he won't be there. Jannings was invited but he was signed by PHX. Who else could we invite? McCants? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrvAlbertsBra. Show MrvAlbertsBra's posts

How about Kevin Willis and Brent Barry?  They may be too old for the Spurs, but the Spurs don't look so old anymore compared to the green and white.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Maybe Jaycee Carroll,Artisom Parahouski, Wittman and the two guys from last year Gaffney and Lafayette. I don't know about any NBA lifers who might get a look see...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

In Response to Re: Camp invites?:
    [QUOTE]Maybe Jaycee Carroll,Artisom Parahouski, Wittman and the two guys from last year Gaffney and Lafayette. I don't know about any NBA lifers who might get a look see...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

We can forget Art

http://thehoop.blogspot.com/2010/08/aris-to-sign-artsiom-parakhouski.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

As a team always leave one open spot to give one management flexibility and the "D" League players a chance to get wet in the NBA...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

I was invited, but as I told Danny & Doc--"if I ain't startin', I ain't departin'".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]Maybe Jaycee Carroll,Artisom Parahouski, Wittman and the two guys from last year Gaffney and Lafayette. I don't know about any NBA lifers who might get a look see...
    Posted by sportsbozo1[/QUOTE]

Surprised the other Carroll,  Pat,  does not get a look. Shooting over %40 from three should get an anchor spot on the bench somewhere. From the Iowa games I saw he was not an embarrassment on D either

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/news_details/article/2512/2010/august/03/pat-carroll-eyes-return-to-europe.html

"He hit 42.4 percent of his attempts from 3-point range last season (14th in the D-League) and is the A-10’s all-time leader in 3-point percentage (44.5).

"The kid can shoot the hell out of the ball," said Sixers president Ed Stefanski"

Maybe if we do not get RF maybe DA thinks Oliver or TG can fill that end position or just leave it open to be flexible for later signings based on injury

I think Deshawn Sims made a mistake by not trying out here first. I think he had the ability to guard many spots, even SF. And He shot well too. He could have risen over all these guys

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

Apparently Jeff Adrien was invited and the next one in line to turn down the offer

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4676411/adrien-turned-down-cs-camp-invite

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

DeShawn Sims played PF in the summer league so there's very little chance of him making it as a SF in the NBA. From what I've seen Sims doesn't move like a SF, he's more of a tweener who prefers to mix it up inside. Basically he has the body of a SF but the skill set of a PF. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from HarryMangurian. Show HarryMangurian's posts

[QUOTE]DeShawn Sims played PF in the summer league so there's very little chance of him making it as a SF in the NBA. From what I've seen Sims doesn't move like a SF, he's more of a tweener who prefers to mix it up inside. Basically he has the body of a SF but the skill set of a PF. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Considering what is available, and not knowing how injuries may play out, maybe the spot should just be left open.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Camp invites? : Considering what is available, and not knowing how injuries may play out, maybe the spot should just be left open.
    Posted by HarryMangurian[/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. The Celtics can always release Gaffney and Lafayette. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Camp invites? : They are only signed through the summer so they will need to decide whether to extend one of them soon and that is highly unlikely when the C's can sign one of them at any time unless they both end up in Europe. Makes more sense to hold a spot open for a trade or pre/mid season cut if they aren't satisfied with any of the available wings out there now.
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

I don't think a roster spot is a problem because the Celtics can always waive Semih Erden. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Wittman = shooter, very good shooter, but he may be headed to Israel before camp.  Only drawback might be that his arms are a little short and could hurt on D, otherwise could be the shooter they need.  Incredible range.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from heirplain. Show heirplain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Camp invites? : They gave him a two year deal ... the C's would look pretty bad if they were to cut him so soon after giving him two years especially in the eyes of other foreign ballers like Rudy. He's here until he proves he doesn't belong here! http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4676434/erden-watch-ivory-coast-russia
    Posted by Mployee8[/QUOTE]

VG point. We don't have a lot of wiggle room!

Sections
Shortcuts