Can Celtics win 3 straight?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Can Celtics win 3 straight?

Can they do what the 2004 Red Sox did?

I think I'll be able to tell after the first quarter tomorrow. Doc really needs to extend the bench and hope they don't fall too far behind to keep the starters fresh for the last 5 mins.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight?

I'm going to take the ever-positive approach and say they are absolutely capable of doing that.  As I've said before, they have the will and the heart.  The ability too, though, they'll all have to be at their best.  The stars will have to line up exactly right.  But I think they can do it.  We just have to take it one game at a time.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight?:

there will be no aligning of stars, lithium... and your good hearted boys in green; who supposedly deserve it more according to you because they've got better character than the miami players, you got a real short memory; because i remember KG taking a dirty swipe at channing frye's jewels ; i remember rondo, in your house; messing with the heat's huddle ignoring his coach's orders to stop his antics; (google it; feb 13 2011 boston vs miami) the only one there worth his weight is ray allen and coach rivers; the rest; blow it up...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

For those Heat fans, this will be the hardest game to get. If the game is close late, the pressure will fall big time on the Heat to close the series.

If the Celtics win game 5, ALL the pressure now shifts to the Heat for game #6 in Beantown because they don't want game 7, no matter where it is.

The Heat better run the C's out the gym early.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Yes they can. But the odds are very long.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : there will be no aligning of stars, lithium... and your good hearted boys in green; who supposedly deserve it more according to you because they've got better character than the miami players, you got a real short memory; because i remember KG taking a dirty swipe at channing frye's jewels ; i remember rondo, in your house; messing with the heat's huddle ignoring his coach's orders to stop his antics; (google it; feb 13 2011 boston vs miami) the only one there worth his weight is ray allen and coach rivers; the rest; blow it up...
    Posted by Miami-heat-fan[/QUOTE]

hey Fidel..this is a Boston Celtic forum, period...you have no vote in here at all... C's lost but anything is possible...Celtics organization is resilient so are their players, staff and their fans as well..Go ahead and misdirect your posts to the Miami Herald or some bs like that..not here..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

Fortunately, Heat, you do not decide whether the stars align any more than I do.  I never said our guys were choir boys.  In fact I specifically said I realize they're not.  I'm sure there are things I don't know about some of them that would just shock me.  But KG did not deliberately go after Frye's jewels, and Rondo, we're talking one moment getting caught up in the passion of the game, not an entire way of dealing with the world that says he's the center of the universe... unlike some people in this series.  None of our guys openly complain about their team or teammates even though I'm sure there are tons of frustrations.  And look how many of our guys got up there last night and played with serious injuries - Rondo, West, Shaq who you know is not totally right.  Each one of those guys puts the team before his own glory.  I just don't get that vibe from your guys.  I really don't.  Yes, James took a smaller paycheck but he's already set for life.  And was it really necessary for them to draw so much attention to themselves and brag about being the next dynasty.  No class.  There's nothing the Celtics did that even approaches that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : hey Fidel..this is a Boston Celtic forum, period...you have no vote in here at all..

very classy.  you just pulled the race card out... don't embarrass yourself; other wise, you might be confused for a laker who lost with zero dignity the other day... take your lumps like a man; you had a good run... and leave the race out of it tough guy

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : hey Fidel..this is a Boston Celtic forum, period...you have no vote in here at all.. very classy.  you just pulled the race card out... don't embarrass yourself; other wise, you might be confused for a laker who lost with zero dignity the other day... take your lumps like a man; you had a good run... and leave the race out of it tough guy

Yawnnn...13 posts...you are a troll dude..you come here to brag..no hoop talk,  just brag... you are the one embarrassing yourself.. and yea, tough guy here for sure, why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Miami-heat-fan. Show Miami-heat-fan's posts

wow lithium, chris rock wasn't lying when he said if talking were an olympic sport the men wouldn't stand a chance. i've had it with you.. you have talked me to death... you win... i will not try to explain the heat's celebration or anything else anymore with you; i'll be at the game tomorrow;  i hope it ends quickly.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : hey Fidel..this is a Boston Celtic forum, period...you have no vote in here at all.. very classy.  you just pulled the race card out... don't embarrass yourself; other wise, you might be confused for a laker who lost with zero dignity the other day... take your lumps like a man; you had a good run... and leave the race out of it tough guy

Yawnnn...13 posts...you are a troll dude..you come here to brag..no hoop talk,  just brag... you are the one embarrassing yourself.. and yea, tough guy here for sure, why?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

oh and to answere the question.

YES. but everyone has to be on their A game.

Celtics got Heart. id like to see the mia big 3 when they are in their mid 30s. they wouldnt fight nearly as hard as our Celtics.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Can Celtics win 3 straight? : wow lithium, chris rock wasn't lying when he said if talking were an olympic sport the men wouldn't stand a chance. i've had it with you.. you have talked me to death... you win... i will not try to explain the heat's celebration or anything else anymore with you; i'll be at the game tomorrow;  i hope it ends quickly.

So after yelling at someone about playing the race card, you're now playing the gender card.  Reeeally classy. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

If Rondo was 100%, i would say yes!!  While not impossible, it will be very difficult to accomplish!!  But i know the Celtic players won't give up, so neither will i.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

I wouldn't bet money on it. But it could happen. The bench play has to improve because our big three are older than their big three. It's a longshot though. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Our best chance is West at point with KG, Paul, Green, and Glen Davis.   With West his shot will open up passing and driving lanes.   Ray can come off the bench and provide instant offence and defence.  Doc should retire and let someone else coach.  The younger players should be used.  We would have a chance.  Next year with West at point, KG, Paul, Green, and a yound athletic shot blocker at center we would be armed and ready to go again. Ray could be the sixth man and Rondo the back up point if we can't find someone to take the 55 million contract for a backup point which is is.  Several of our bench players who have not been used should be in the rotation next year.  Davis is gone if Doc is here, he is fed up with doc.  The older centers should be moved for something or nothing if possible.  The draft choice form Notre Dame that we gave away should be recovered if possible.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Actually I think, that we need some serious adjustments to win 3 straight.
    PP, KG and Allen can win a game against the heat on their own but not 3 in a row. Not with their age. We need help from the bench. But therefore the bench needs to play (which seems unlikely with doc).

Also, I think our play in halfcourt wasn't that good except in game 3. We need better plays and execution.
    Furthermore they should put more pressure on the guy bringing the ball. Heat have no real ballhandler coming upcourt.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MinnesotaCelticsFan. Show MinnesotaCelticsFan's posts

Never underestimate the heart of a champion.

The game went to overtime with KG, Ray and Rondo having an off night offensively. That will not happen again.

When the Celtics can play defense the way that they do, winning three straight is very possible.

They have to find a way get the ball to KG in the low post early and often. His game, more than most others, is dependant on game shooting confidence. Other than that, they also need to maintain good ball movement, and their commitment to pick your poison offense. Rondo's injury has affected him, but West is a competent back up.

Don't count them out just yet.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deanocelt. Show deanocelt's posts

Yes.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would say yes if the starters were not so tired.  This is what hurt us in game 7 last  year.

Doc has to use other bench players or we just can't sustain a three game run.  The guys have tired legs.

Of course anything is possible with a team like the Celtics.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

We need to mix the starters in with the bench and maybe limit there time togather but decrease overall minutes

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

Just win game 5 is the only thing I care about the rest is down the road. One game at at time just like the sox

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rman0909. Show rman0909's posts

NOPE!!

Celtics  Big 3 are old and hurting and tired and done.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Every game I've watched (Celtics) in this round they have lost. So you know what i'm doing Weds. night.